Synergy14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder Press / Bench Work

Hey guys, this is my first post here although I have been reading many of the threads over the last few weeks.

I've had this issue with my left shoulder basically ever since I started lifting weights and I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me resolve it or at least share some insight.

Whenever I do Military Press, Arnie Press, Incline or Bench Press my left shoulder gives me issues. Today was especially bad hence me making this thread. From the bottom-most position on all the exercises to the finishing position my left shoulder has a tendancy to wander outwards and deviate from a vertical motion. It is especially prevalent when I use dumbbells as opposed to a bar (obviously) but even with a barbell my left side lags badly.

One would think that my left shoulder is simply weaker but there has to be more to it than that since I have dropped the amount I lift to focus on strengthening it specifically.

I don't know if it matters, but typically I start around 55 and make my way to 75-80 lb dumbbells on military press over the course of 4 sets and slightly less than that for my bench (I know, my chest is lagging).

Anyhow if anyone knows and strategies, possible technique flaws (although I try and execute excellent technique) or has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you feeling discomfort? RC issues could cause this type of problem.

Otherwise, concentrate on maintaining the form you want. Try lighter weights to perfect this mind-muscle control.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sephiroth. is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    tl;dr

starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long have u been training.. also i agree to lower weight more and do higher reps for a while
    MMC 2009 Conan

Synergy14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been training about 2 years. Didn't train at all last summer but since September I've been back on it seriously. I don't really do rotator cuff exercises, I would assume that those would be beneficial, are there any in particular that are preferable?

At DJAuto: Yeah its definately uncomfortable when it starts to go, as well as ruining my mood on my favorite day. My friend suggested doing Bench press with legs raised to emphasize more stabilizer muscles, thoughts?
    Last edited by Synergy14; 01-25-2010 at 09:09 PM.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Synergy14 View Post
    I've been training about 2 years. Didn't train at all last summer but since September I've been back on it seriously. I don't really do rotator cuff exercises, I would assume that those would be beneficial, are there any in particular that are preferable?

At DJAuto: Yeah its definately uncomfortable when it starts to go, as well as ruining my mood on my favorite day. My friend suggested doing Bench press with legs raised to emphasize more stabilizer muscles, thoughts?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968

What is bench press with legs?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.