My title Wouldnt Fi yoyoyoimdave's Avatar
    yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

**The Stillman Diet** Keto & Atkins Intensified!

Hey guys, I did a search and found no posts on this diet so I thought I would share my store and success with you guys. First off I've been a long-time competitive fitness oriented person and passionate strength and fat-loss enthusiast.

**Introduction**

My first true fat-loss journey began around September of 2006 at the weight of 230lbs. At this point I was your typical unhealthy fat boy. I'd had an excessive eating disorder to COMPLETELY over eat portions. Consuming 6-8000 calories A day, failing at school and an all around disaster. My inspiration was my buddy who had lost 100lbs and was looking fantastic. SO, I decided to change my life and after 8 months of a solid diet and exercise routine I had dropped my weight to 165 and was in the best shape of my life. Back in High School I competed in weight-lifting with a bench of 310-320 , and competed to 3rd place in States (sorry I don't quite remember my Clean & Jerk max).

**Second Introduction (sorry) & The Stillman Diet**

I'm going to cut and paste some of the basic and general idea's of this diet from a web article that I found. Keep in mind, I take everything in life with a grain of salt than decide from there. I've grown with the mentality of "ALL OR NOTHING" in literally every situation I incur. If I'm going to cheat on my diet, I eat enough food to feed a small army. If I am going to lose weight, I do everything in my power to keep to my goal.
    THIS DIET IS EXTREME.. I'll say it one more time THIS DIET IS EXTREME. It most definitely is not for everyone. I've done a few minor modifications to The Stillman Diet such as limiting calories and protein as well as veggies eaten, and I am happy with my conclusion.

**The Stillman Diet**

"The Stillman diet is a type of high protein diet devised by Dr. Irwin Maxwell Stillman. Developed sometime in 1965, it is considered to be one of the early forms of high protein and low carbohydrate weight loss diets that became quite popular in the late 60's and towards the 80's. The Stillman diet is also considered as a low fat diet as it maintains quite a strict avoidance of fat in the diet.

One of the notable features of the Stillman diet is that it promotes quick results. The diet is based on consuming protein as part of its weight loss regimen. This type of diet is based on a concept that weight loss can be aided by digestion of the protein, which takes extra effort. The body is known to spend 30 percent more extra calories by digesting protein.

**Ketogenic Diet**

The Stillman diet is also considered a ketogenic diet. It tries to mimic certain features of starvation in the body in order to enable to turn on the burning of fat as fuel. The low carbohydrate aspect of the diet enables this process in the body that leads to a rapid loss of body fat.

**How The Stillman Diet Work?**

The typical Stillman diet consumption of unlimited amounts of protein daily taken from lean meat, eggs, poultry and seafood. The diet prescribes eating six small meals daily instead of three large ones. Foods that are not allowed include bread, fruits, vegetables and sugar.

Along with high protein consumption, dieters should also drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Coffee, tea and diet soda are allowed without limitations. The diet claims that people can lose from as much as 7 to 10 pounds on the first week of the diet and 5 pounds on the succeeding week. "

Full article @ http://www.freediets.com/diet-meal-p...-stillman-diet

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I appreciate those who do read this. I've also attached pictures of my before and after so everyone can get a good idea of what results I've gotten.Thanks for your time, Godbless.

Dave
    Attached Images
    I don't feel Pain,
    I don't feel Anything anymore,
    Until My Purpose be realized.
    Within me lies the soul of a gladiator, and the heart of a lion.

yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yoyoyoimdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To sum up this huge wall of text in a few words

Low fat low carb high protein.

cheers.
    I don't feel Pain,

Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Low Carb, Low Fat, High Protein???

This sounds like a stupid diet to be honest. Fat is an essential hormone regulator and with out it you will eventually die. I suggest you research "rabbit starvation", but essentially it was when the Native Americans could only eat rabbit (in the winter etc,) a very lean source or protein, they would develop all sorts of problems that actually made it worse than not eating at all!

This would be a diet you would only want to do for a very short time, and I think it would mostly be benificial if you were ALREADY fat adapted (AKA in ketosis). If not this is what will happen:

Your body will convert the protein you eat into glucose because you are not eating any carbs to fuel your body/brain. Since you are not supplying your body with fat as a backup source of fuel, it will burn through your consumed protein (very inefficiently) and if you are eating at a calorie deficit, then it will use YOUR muscle after it's gone through your dietary protein. This is because you are still feeding yourself with something that CAN be converted into carbs.

The point of a ketogenic diet is to supply your body with dietary fats until your body "gets it" and switches to using fatty bi products (ketones). ONCE in ketosis you could probably slowly drop your dietary fats for a while because your body would prefer body fat at this point to muscle.

My point is don't do stupid diets like this. Research why this sounds like a bad idea (for a long term diet plan)

Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ransom17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yoyoyoimdave View Post
    To sum up this huge wall of text in a few words

Low fat low carb high protein.

cheers.
    Though I suppose your before/after pictures speak for themselves How long did you do the diet? (curious) how did you feel?

Originally Posted by Ransom17 View Post
    Though I suppose your before/after pictures speak for themselves How long did you do the diet? (curious) how did you feel?
    Your first post is correct. I do-not recommend this diet for more than 3 months at a time. As well, it isn't for everyone.Like I mentioned a few times This IS an extreme diet.. but you will get extreme results. I do keep my fat and carbs very low, yet I keep my protein pretty high on a 800 or so caloric deficiency. Taking Muli-Vitamin, fiber and Fish oil helps. I generally Cycle between this diet and a regular Keto diet along with a separate bulking diet for 3 months (give or take) at a time.

I mentioned in my post that I did modify my diet a bit. Post workout I drink a whey shake 48g protein, along with half a banana or apple, something generally lower on the glycemic load.

How I feel about it. My food taste plain, besides when i spice it up with hot sauce and such, my protein shakes are watery, but my energy levels remain though the roof.
    Last edited by yoyoyoimdave; 01-25-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: grammer isn't my forte
    I don't feel Pain,

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how is this an extreme diet.. this is just another spinoff of keto with different macros

and the 'ground breaking' weight loss in the first 2 weeks is simply water weight, which is what you could expect on any keto diet

the weight loss after that is based on calorie deficit like every other diet out there

i'm glad it worked for you, the diet that 'works' is the one you can stick to, however i am completely unimpressed, and quite frankly telling people to eat no vegetables is retarded
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"