BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Gym membership sales question

Hey so I just got a job doing gym membership sales for a local franchise gym. Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you personal trainers have any advice or experience in membership sales! Or ideas on how to generate leads and get people in. anything would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    when people come in, ask all types of questions. Most importantly ask

"what are your goals?"

after you find out what their goals are, show them over to the part of the gym where they can acheive their goals.

If you someone in who is looking to bulk up, dont show them your state of the arm cardio machines as they dont give a sh*t about it. Show them all the heavy weights etc.

On the other hand if you get a woman in who wants to "tone up and lose weight", you;d shwo them the cardio area and area with the smaller weights and space for "core work".

before people start ripping into me about it, that advice is purely from a sales perspective. After they sign up, then you can try and convert them to sensible thinking.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    when people come in, ask all types of questions. Most importantly ask

"what are your goals?"

after you find out what their goals are, show them over to the part of the gym where they can acheive their goals.

If you someone in who is looking to bulk up, dont show them your state of the arm cardio machines as they dont give a sh*t about it. Show them all the heavy weights etc.

On the other hand if you get a woman in who wants to "tone up and lose weight", you;d shwo them the cardio area and area with the smaller weights and space for "core work".

before people start ripping into me about it, that advice is purely from a sales perspective. After they sign up, then you can try and convert them to sensible thinking.
    ^^^This is what I did when I use to do membership sales.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    and once you know their goals... and have got them as a client... actually pay attention to them... don't just assume that what you think might be a larger woman (for example) wants to get thin... I remember telling a PT that I wanted to lift weights and build muscle (5'2" and 145lbs) and eventually lose some BF but that was a longer term goal and I wanted muscle first... he had me doing hours of CV and a few bicep curls with 5lbs... not at all impressed...
    Getting there slowly.... and slowlier

OK... so all my stats are rubbish at the moment...

DL - 220lbs.... finally... still aiming for 330....

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BigShot11 View Post
    Hey so I just got a job doing gym membership sales for a local franchise gym. Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you personal trainers have any advice or experience in membership sales! Or ideas on how to generate leads and get people in. anything would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Have they sent you off on your lead boxes yet?
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Have they sent you off on your lead boxes yet?
    Man I hated lead boxes. More than half of the inquiries were jokes
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigShot11 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ya they sent me out with a bunch of lead boxes... is there a "best" way to go off those leads though? also they told me straight up that there was almost 0 walk in sales, and even if their was it goes by seniority, so i would be the newbie who never gets what little walk ins there is. and thats ok i respect that. I have done quite a bit of sales in the past, so im not really worried about how to hook em once i get em in the door, but more less worried about how to get the people to even try and sell in the first place. Basically ideas to generate leads.

thanks for all your guys input too.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear