Thread: Carb Refeed

ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb Refeed

Friday I start my refeed and I haven;t been doing so well on the diet overall, so I want to keep it as clean as possible.

QUESTION: Is lastose good for muscle glycogen repletion?

other than that i was thinking brown rice with brocolli, oatmeal, and some berries

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ias99 View Post
    Friday I start my refeed and I haven;t been doing so well on the diet overall, so I want to keep it as clean as possible.

other than that i was thinking brown rice with brocolli, oatmeal, and some berries
    1. Minimum as much dietary fat during the refeed.
    2. Pasta, bagel, and waffles (don't forget these).
    3. Its fine to eat fruit to, but some are nearly pure fructose & sucrose and doesn't do much for muscle glycogen.

Lastose doesn't even matter now, almost all carb type goes straight to the muscle, except fructose & sucrose.

*Sucrose is half glucose*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose
    Last edited by Vietgoboi; 04-01-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    1. Minimum as much dietary fat during the refeed.
    3. Its fine to eat fruit to, but some are nearly pure fructose & sucrose and doesn't do much for muscle glycogen.

Lastose doesn't even matter now, almost all carb type goes straight to the muscle, except fructose & sucrose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose
    Sucrose is half glucose

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ias99 View Post

Lactose is hydrolyzed to glucose and galactose. The glucose can readily but the galactose is primarily metabolized in the liver first and used as a substrate for liver glycogen synthesis if low from low carbing, dumped into liver glycolysis and/or less likely released into the blood as glucose.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ias99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Vietgoboi;470860791]1. Minimum as much dietary fat during the refeed.

*Sucrose is half glucose*

I would love to do pasta, bagel, and waffles... but I'm trying to keep it even cleaner.
    I was thinking
    1) whey isolate and dextrose immediately after the final depletion workout
    2) steel cut oatmeal, added to come fat free cottage cheese, with some prunes and raisins
    3) brown rice with some vegtables (still trying to see which ones have the lowest fructose content)
    4) dates and skim milk