frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Protein shakes and veg question

Been trying out keto because i've heard a lot of praise about it. However I do have a question. I drink 2 protein shakes a day with 2 scoops each, which comes out to 24g carbs plus I eat green beans which have about another 20g per bag. Is this too many carbs for keto? Read that you can eat a little carbs after workouts and thats when I take one of the protein shakes.

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Half of the carbs in the Green Beans are fiber. Don't count those. 34 g shouldn't knock you out of ketosis. I would try to find a different protein powder with less carbs though.
    "Just Get It Off"
    Fightin' Texas Aggie
    MFC
    RIP YGST

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FYI: Consuming whey protein is very similar to consuming carbs as whey is highly insulinotropic.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    FYI: Consuming whey protein is very similar to consuming carbs as whey is highly insulinotropic.
    intredasting
    I see many articles on this. Some people claim it kicks them out and some other say it doesnt do ****. I guess it goes back to sensitivity. I am moving from standard whey isolate to a much lower carb one. I do understand carbs isnt what making whey insulinotropic but it is just additional carb control.

LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's nothing to worry about. Your body will convert up to 36% of protein into glucose, provided it has a stimulus to do so. That stimulus being low CH diets. Low system glucose will upregulate the occurrence of gluconeogenesis, regardless of the type of protein. Therefore, in a state of depletion, it doesn't really matter.

TLDR: Whey is fine on keto, if you're really worried add some fats to slow digestion.

frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) frutistafreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the responses guys. Maybe ill just cut out one of the shakes per day to be on the safe side.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LiftThenRave View Post
    It's nothing to worry about. Your body will convert up to 36% of protein into glucose, provided it has a stimulus to do so...
    That's not my point. Rather, I was addressing the highly insulinotropic nature of whey as it applies to a VLCKD where the intent might be to minimize insulin response for a host of reasons.

LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiftThenRave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's not my point. Rather, I was addressing the highly insulinotropic nature of whey as it applies to a VLCKD where the intent might be to minimize insulin response for a host of reasons.
    It's still going to be tiny in comparison to the response from CH. Assuming OP isn't a professional bodybuilder, he shouldn't be concerned about that small of a response. It's effect on body composition will be negligible. The practicality of protein shakes, which I'm certain is why OP is using them, outweighs their possible minor insulinogenic response.