Eggs999Bacon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Eggs999Bacon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Steak and Eggs Diet

I've read up on this steak and eggs diet (a high protein, moderate fat, and low carb diet) that is effective in retaining muscle mass and cutting fat down. Basically its 3 meals of steak and eggs, and 3 meals of protein shakes (low carb) and some almonds thrown into the mix.

My question is, if I workout 5 straight days a week (mon-fri), where would this '"carb up" or "refeed" take place and how much can I eat.

Thanks.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why would the steak and eggs have 3 daily whey shakes?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10) SayNoToCardio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Eggs999Bacon View Post
    I've read up on this steak and eggs diet (a high protein, moderate fat, and low carb diet) that is effective in retaining muscle mass and cutting fat down. Basically its 3 meals of steak and eggs, and 3 meals of protein shakes (low carb) and some almonds thrown into the mix.

My question is, if I workout 5 straight days a week (mon-fri), where would this '"carb up" or "refeed" take place and how much can I eat.

Thanks.
    The exact same way any other keto diet would be?

MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am doing eggs and cheese only right now.

basically 2 eggs and a cheese stick each meal for 7 meals a day, and a whey shake after working out.

I wouldnt recommend 3 whey shakes a day, one would be enough IMO just after lifting all other times regular food would be better IMO.

swknight1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Steak and Eggs rock!

I found this thread while doing research on steak and eggs. I know the thread is old but still comes up in the top ten on most search engines.

Obviously this is an old school approach to getting lean. I've been doing it with fairly good results and decided to write a blog post on it. If anyone is interested you can read more on my blog. Just put "bald and angry steak" in your favorite search engine.

It's interesting how some of the knowledge from the golden era of bodybuilding has gotten lost or replaced by supplements :-)