sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I do chest even when it is sore from last workout?

I usually do twice chest workout in a week.
    I worked on my chest this past saturday. I did not lift yesterday.
    Now can I again workout on my chest? It is still little sore from past workout

Good or bad

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Soreness you can work through, yeah. But be careful of how hard you're training it. You don't want to get crazy and overwork your chest.

As long as you're not doing chest five days a week (and/or 15 sets), you'll be fine.

sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sambud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks
    I don't work on my chest more than twice a week.
    Actually I change my workout......few months only once a week......few months twice a week.
    This change helped my chest to grow. I will know when I need a change

MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximusJuris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Twice in three days seems a bit much imo... but to answer your question, yeah, no reason you can't work out again just cause you're a lil sore. I'd try to keep 3-4 days between them personally tho.

Just saw your last post, that's a good idea. I used to do a three day split twice a week, and I'd always stall pretty quickly. Switching it up is a good move.

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Inertiatic View Post
    Soreness you can work through, yeah. But be careful of how hard you're training it. You don't want to get crazy and overwork your chest.

As long as you're not doing chest five days a week (and/or 15 sets), you'll be fine.
    absolutely not. you are crazy for telling him he can train chest again when he trained it two days ago and is still sore

Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Inertiatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    absolutely not. you are crazy for telling him he can train chest again when he trained it two days ago and is still sore
    I was under the assumption that it was a one-time thing, and I see no major problem...

Again, if he made a habit of working chest every other day, then there would be an issue...over time. That's like saying no one should do Rippetoe's or Madcow's, because you do a major, compound lift three times a week. I understand benching isn't the same as squatting, but he's not going to shrivel up and die from working chest twice in three days.

I don't do chest workout every other day.

I usually do Chest/bi/Shoulders, Legs, and Back/tri. Then chest/bi to complete the week. Take Saturday and Sunday off. I do this bcoz my chest was lagging before if I do once a week. With this change twice a week, my chest started growing.

It so happened that I was sick last week and did not complete workout cycle. Just worked on my chest/biceps/Shoulders on saturday.
    Now I want to start my workout cycle again.....so I had only 2 days in between but feeling still sore from past workout.

Thanks guys for your input.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if a muscle sore dont use it...

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Inertiatic View Post
    I was under the assumption that it was a one-time thing, and I see no major problem...

Again, if he made a habit of working chest every other day, then there would be an issue...over time. That's like saying no one should do Rippetoe's or Madcow's, because you do a major, compound lift three times a week. I understand benching isn't the same as squatting, but he's not going to shrivel up and die from working chest twice in three days.
    Well I am assuming he did more chest work than he would on rippetoe's program. I still don't think it is a good idea for him to train it again today. 2 days off is too little for a muscle like chest that takes some time to recover from

wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wrstlr152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one of the best ways to get some of the soreness out is to do the same workout that got the muscle sore in the first place. work out at a lighter weight, this gets your blood pumping into the sore muscle helping it recover..

plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000) plumher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    Well I am assuming he did more chest work than he would on rippetoe's program. I still don't think it is a good idea for him to train it again today. 2 days off is too little for a muscle like chest that takes some time to recover from
    i dont see how someone can give the necessary time and energy to shoulders, back, arms, legs, and chest every three days. Unless you think that bodybuilding is strictly chest work, then you would be wrong.

I wouldn't train chest or any other bodypart that I hadnt given the time to heal since the last training day, but you(OP) can do whatever you want/need to reach your goals whatever they are.

As someone posted above me, you can do a lighter session to try and get the blood flowing a little to relieve the soreness.
    currently cutting..... again!!

"most people have absolutely no idea what they're capable of" --me

EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EZ. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sambud View Post

Good or bad
    yes, soreness is not related to muscle recovery

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sambud View Post

Good or bad
    Just make sure your giving yourself the recovery window of 48 hours and if you cant wait that long and its really sore and you want to workout the soreness then light weight high reps this will help with a lot of the soreness and if there is any remaining lactic acid it will be removed.
    Owner of some cool companies.

- Haters Make Us Famous -
    ***DSC***

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aman88 View Post
    if a muscle sore dont use it...
    Then you'll be sore all the time!

If you reduce the frequency, to allow "full recovery" before hitting a muscle group again, you'll miss out on the wonderful effect called "supercompensation".

If you hit something more than once a week, you'll stop getting sore, for the most part. If you hit it only once a week, you'll be deconditioned by the time you train it again, and will likely have to go through the soreness all over again.

Of course some people train to get sore and think that is progress. That is a subjective thing. Adding 5lbs to the bar, or an extra rep, or an extra set.......that is objective, ie real, progress.

If a blocklayer trained as you suggest, they'd be fired after the first day.