Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein and Stomach?

I currently have some Whey Protein Isolate that has 0 lactose in it, 0 sugars and 0 additives. But it still wreaks havoc on my stomach! I have always had digestive problems and after thousands of dollars of testing, I got the catch all diagnosis of IBS.

I have two questions,

1-is it possible that my stomach might just need to get used to the protein powder?, has anyone else needed to give their system time to adjust to a product?

2- might Casein be a better route and do companies offer trial packs?

Basically after only taking a half scoop of the protein yesterday I felt good for about 10 hrs and then I got heartburn and a very noisy stomach that continued into this morning. It sounds like their is a dog trapped in there whining or something. I know its from the protein since I have tried it many times and got the same result every time.

firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should take something with protease or some type of digestive enzyme to help you with the protein.

You seem to be suffering from low stomach acid.

Vaporeizied has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Telamon09 View Post
    I currently have some Whey Protein Isolate that has 0 lactose in it, 0 sugars and 0 additives. But it still wreaks havoc on my stomach! I have always had digestive problems and after thousands of dollars of testing, I got the catch all diagnosis of IBS.

I have two questions,

1-is it possible that my stomach might just need to get used to the protein powder?, has anyone else needed to give their system time to adjust to a product?

2- might Casein be a better route and do companies offer trial packs?

Basically after only taking a half scoop of the protein yesterday I felt good for about 10 hrs and then I got heartburn and a very noisy stomach that continued into this morning. It sounds like their is a dog trapped in there whining or something. I know its from the protein since I have tried it many times and got the same result every time.
    Might consider using a soy, a heliogen casein with sunflower oil or goat whey protein

and yes companies do sell sample packs

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mind if I ask which brand?

Are you currently having a flare-up? Because it could be that just about anything will give you the ****s right now.

BodyGenie has a protein serum..it's quite expensive but supposed to be great for those with GI disorders.

I don't think casein is the way to go. There is generally more lactose in casein than whey. It also tends to clump up and digest very slowly, which I think may lead to more discomfort.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    forgot to ask..

how much are you taking? Excessive consumption can lead to discomfort as well.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Telamon09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the great responses. I was worried I would get a bunch of people flamming at me saying crap like "well you're just not cut out to be in this sport then" or something a little more hurtful along those lines. I'm sorry if I sound off topic but my digestive system issues caused me to get deeply depressed for the last 4 years or so and my diet was radically changed and now I am able to eat a decent variety and my ambition is coming back. I want to start lifting again since it helps me feel great.
    To answer the questions above the Brand is Bi-Pro Whey Isolate. I only took half a scoop yesterday which is only 10g of protein. As for the low stomach acid issue I have been thinking that as well. I recently started drinking coffee and found it improved my digestion quite a bit with some foods. But I eat a LOT of chicken with no issues and as we all know it is high in protein. I think the main issue is that when i eat something that gives me gas my digestive tract doesnt mooth smoothly and gas reeks havoc on it. Thanks again for the great responses. I will have to look into the couple things mentioned above.

firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Telamon09 View Post
    Thanks for all the great responses. I was worried I would get a bunch of people flamming at me saying crap like "well you're just not cut out to be in this sport then" or something a little more hurtful along those lines. I'm sorry if I sound off topic but my digestive system issues caused me to get deeply depressed for the last 4 years or so and my diet was radically changed and now I am able to eat a decent variety and my ambition is coming back. I want to start lifting again since it helps me feel great.
    To answer the questions above the Brand is Bi-Pro Whey Isolate. I only took half a scoop yesterday which is only 10g of protein. As for the low stomach acid issue I have been thinking that as well. I recently started drinking coffee and found it improved my digestion quite a bit with some foods. But I eat a LOT of chicken with no issues and as we all know it is high in protein. I think the main issue is that when i eat something that gives me gas my digestive tract doesnt mooth smoothly and gas reeks havoc on it. Thanks again for the great responses. I will have to look into the couple things mentioned above.
    I never heard of Bi-Pro where is it made?

well there isn't any rule that says you absolutely must take whey protein to gain muscle.

All that's needed for muscle gain is a stimulus (training) adequate rest, and a surplus of calories.

I would E-mail a few companies for samples of their protein (explain your situation) if you continue to have GI distress. Just avoid protein powders.

Sounds good maybe I'll shoot a few of them an email and see what they have to say. As far as I know its made right here in the good 'ol USA. If you google Bi-pro their site says BiPro USA right in the name. I bought it for lack of additives but from what I am finding out it is apparantly a really quality protein. Too bad my digestive system doesnt like it very much.

Well I have great news, I decided to throw away what was left of my BiPro since it was a expired and I couldnt take it without bad headaches and digestive aches. I then picked up some Vanilla Myofusion and am blown away by how well my body is taking to it I have no headaches whatsoever or digestive issues. It doesnt even give me a spec of gas! I am so glad to now be able to start lifting again and this time make sure I am getting the proper nutrients.

hyder_ejaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey

Originally Posted by firstandgoal View Post
    You should take something with protease or some type of digestive enzyme to help you with the protein.

You seem to be suffering from low stomach acid.

You really don't need to take anything.... U sure will digest it easily.