Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Stick to thick- a skinny mans Journey for mass

This will be my Journal to post my workouts, maybe a little on my diet and supplementation, my lifestyle.... and whatever else I find may benefit me or hold me back on this journey. I will start it off by cutting and pasting a few of my workouts from the group journal to this one
    "Prepare your body and your soul for a session of mass destruction. it will be no mercy and no pity for the weak or unprepared.Only the strong will survive." Richie Irish
    "Be the change you want to see in the world"Ghandi

ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninjinja will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jan 17 10
    Upper Body
    Bench
    5 sets of 5 the last one on each set where assisted....

Barbell Row
    5 sets of 5 could barely move it at the end... almost puked once

Millitary press
    5x5 had to drop the weight after the third set... there was noway I could lift them again was sure I was going to puke on the last set of this as well!!

Shrugs
    5x5 decided I wanted to see how close I could get to the weight I was doing when I got injured without pushing myself to hard and got 400 up 5x!!! Felt good

Jan 18 10
    Squats
    5x5-270

SLDL
    5x5-180

Standing Calf Raise in Squatt Rack
    6x12-240
    2x8-240

Jan 20 10

incline dumbell bench
    55x8
    55x8
    60x8-complete failure trying to push out a 9th one!!

Close grip bench press
    115x6
    115x8
    115x8

DB flat bench
    40x12
    50x10-failure
    60x6-failure

Preacher Curls
    60x12
    60x12
    70x8

supersetted with
    Rope pulldown
    35x20
    40x15
    50x6

DB Curls
    25x15
    30x10
    35x10

supersetted with
    pushdowns
    60x15
    65x12
    75x10<=====STACK

cable crossovers
    25x15
    30x9
    35x6

@ this point I was done.... tried to do the dips that were supposed to be next... couldn't even do my own weight!!!

Jan 21 10
    Energy was REALLY low... all the exercise in town today, and the diet was so not dialed in today!! due to all the stuff I had to do in town... and the promise I had to keep to a 7 year old kid today.... but managed to get some calories in... better than nothing

DB ShoulerPress
    50x10
    55x8
    60x6

supersetted with
    DB Front Raise
    20x10
    25x10
    25x10

One Arm Row
    40x15
    55x8
    55x8

supersetted with
    DB Arnold Press(Never done this before so kind of experimented with it)
    20x12
    25x8
    25x8

WG Lat pulldown
    40x15
    50x8

supersetted with
    DB Shrugs
    75x15
    75x15
    At this point I was DAMN near dead... but then the guy that accused me of doing steroids yesterday walked in... and somehow I got the energy to finish!!
    CG Lat Pulldown with hands facing in
    45x15
    50x11

supersetted with
    DB Upright Row
    35x8
    35x8

Supposed to do Tbar Row next but decided to do Low Cable Row instead

Cable Row
    50x15
    65x12

Jan 22 10
    Leg Press
    (this is supposed to be hack squat according to the design of this program but no hack machine in my gym)
    315x15
    405x12
    405x12
    475x9
    510x6<=======used to be able to do for 15... oh well it will be back soon!!

supersetted with
    Calf Press (on legpress machine)
    315x17
    405x12
    405x15
    475x10
    510x8

Leg extension (slow negatives)
    (May have to start doing these one legged... I would prefer it that way to work with the weaker leg!)
    70x15
    80x12
    85x10
    85x10
    100x9 <===== I can't wait to be able to do this one legged!!

supersetted with
    Standing Calf Raise (on a 2x4 in squat rack once again)
    150x15
    200x15
    220x12
    220x15
    240x10

Seated Calf Raise
    90x12
    115x8
    115x6<==============DEAD at this point!!!
    "Prepare your body and your soul for a session of mass destruction. it will be no mercy and no pity for the weak or unprepared.Only the strong will survive." Richie Irish

Upper Body Strength

Just couldn't feel it today... no idea what it was... but couldn't feel it... but I got in there, and told myself no matter how much I wasn't into it, the INTENSITY had to be there...... apparently if you tell yourself something long enough..... well it starts to sound like your mother nagging at you and you don't listen!!! lol... but I did get the intensity as high as I could

Flat Bench
    115x5 ( I said before Flat Bench is my nemesis I struggle with it all the time and HATE IT)
    135x5
    135x5
    155x5
    155x5

Barbell Row
    115x5
    135x5
    135x5
    155x5
    155x3

Dumbell Shoulder Press was supposed to be military press but didn't have my book so couldn't remember!!
    45'sx5
    55'sx5
    55'sx5
    60'sx5
    60'sx3<==== fell short here but at least its somewhere between 3-6 for strength

Barbell Shrugs
    315x5
    315x5
    315x5
    405x5<====ROM was good so I decided Id try a little heavier today....
    475x3 <=====been a long time since I tried any this heavy... felt good although the ROM was definately not there!!! Going to be back to 500 in no time!!

shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000) shaolinkiwi is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed up man. Give it hell
    Wind, Rain, Phoenix

Hatfields FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=335396201&postcount=1#post335391691

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey a few things. Throw some pictures in so we can all see your progress.

Also don't get down on your bench, there are alot of ancillary muscles that help make your bench better. Shoulders, Triceps and even back can really help boost your bench press. Give your entire body hell every time you lift, then eat and rest and it will climb I promise.

I will be keeping tabs so kick some butt!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ricka182 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    subbed in bro...love the "stick to thick" title..

and I'll also say flat bench is bitch for me too, so no worries there. just do as you can, and it will grow.. I actually did some breathing presses on flat. Just like breathing squats. I used a way lower weight, and really concentrated on 100% perfect form, and used a 10 count up and down, really letting go down as far as I could to feel a super deep stretch through the chest. Did that for 3 weeks, pushing the weight up 10 lbs each week, and now I'm feeling flat bench be more productive each time I do it with normal weights...
    ...i remain, he who remains to be...
    3K+

kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    subbed.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Throw some pictures in so we can all see your progress.
    ^^^ This too.

Bench is my weakest lift as well, so it will be interesting for me to see how you get round it.

Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Hey a few things. Throw some pictures in so we can all see your progress.

Also don't get down on your bench, there are alot of ancillary muscles that help make your bench better. Shoulders, Triceps and even back can really help boost your bench press. Give your entire body hell every time you lift, then eat and rest and it will climb I promise.

I will be keeping tabs so kick some butt!
    Thanks Paul! Good to have another Ecto in here!

Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
    subbed in bro...love the "stick to thick" title..

and I'll also say flat bench is bitch for me too, so no worries there. just do as you can, and it will grow.. I actually did some breathing presses on flat. Just like breathing squats. I used a way lower weight, and really concentrated on 100% perfect form, and used a 10 count up and down, really letting go down as far as I could to feel a super deep stretch through the chest. Did that for 3 weeks, pushing the weight up 10 lbs each week, and now I'm feeling flat bench be more productive each time I do it with normal weights...
    Hmmm interesting concept
    Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
    Bench is my weakest lift as well, so it will be interesting for me to see how you get round it.
    So where do you feel the failure when doing the flat bench, ie: what joint/muscle do you feel give out first?

kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ninjinja View Post
    So where do you feel the failure when doing the flat bench, ie: what joint/muscle do you feel give out first?
    Back of the left shoulder, the rear delt. The bottom of the movement is the worst for me. I have started to do pin presses as assistance work.

Back of the left shoulder, the rear delt. The bottom of the movement is the worst for me. I have started to do pin presses as assistance work.
    Hmmm.... interesting because My rear delts need some work too...

Lower Body Strength

Just like yesterday the energy wasn't there today... prob due to all the running around I did before hand... I hate going to town... much better out here in the sticks!!! Diet sucked because of being in town too... not enough calories...but at least I got some down

ATG Squats
    120x5
    180x5
    180x5
    180x3
    200x5

SLDL
    110x6
    110x6
    180x5
    180x5
    200x5

Standing Calve Press
    120x12
    120x12
    200x8
    200x8
    200x6

Some personal observations on my self today, my traps are starting to come back in nicely, starting to get some definition back in my legs... prob more than I have had before Tri's are once again getting up there... the only thing I am not happy with how its coming are my chest, bi-ceps and rear delts.... need to accelerate these somehow
    Last edited by ninjinja; 01-25-2010 at 07:19 PM.

BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

ATG Shrugs?....I'm confused.....
    "You want science and studies? F*** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit." - JW

Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
    Hahhahaha Fixed!! don't know how I didn't catch that

Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
    Nin was simply trying a different variant of my retard shrugs

Nin was simply trying a different variant of my retard shrugs
    True kit very true!

something else I noticed today... I need to get a new belt this ones getting stretched out to much..... or should I say got to stretched out before I got hurt.... when I get bigger it will work well... but at the smallest setting... I just didn't feel covered!!

A little something to watch right before the gym....

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed bro! Looks like we are doin pretty similar routines. I like your style keep up the good work mang.

Let's keep tabs on each other and make sure we be makin progress the whole way through.

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ATG Squats
    120x5
    180x5
    180x5
    180x3
    200x5
    You squat ATG for real? Like ass actually touching the ground? That's hardcore right der man.

Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    You squat ATG for real? Like ass actually touching the ground? That's hardcore right der man.
    slightly above the ground... start at the bottom and go up!... no pause at the top either!~ I was right on my partner about that.... he would pause at the top each rep and I would stand there "no pause no pause" and when hed hit bottom "pause pause" I have to admit its wierd to get used to... but it burns twice as much!
    Glad your following...
    Last edited by ninjinja; 01-26-2010 at 10:10 AM.

DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In and subbed, sorry for the delay mang!!!
    Member: Team Ground Zero.

Eat big, train hard, and GIVE IT HELL.

Check out my other journal at:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/training-logs/1843-doccolossus-aint-nuthin-but-do-training-log.html

Originally Posted by DocColossus View Post
    In and subbed, sorry for the delay mang!!!
    About friggin time susy!!!

DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000) DocColossus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    About friggin time susy!!!
    I tried to find it the other day but the link didn't work, this one you posted did, and here I am!!

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/training-logs/1843-doccolossus-aint-nuthin-but-do-training-log.html

BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried to find it the other day but the link didn't work, this one you posted did, and here I am!!
    Same problem here, the following link didn't work. I found you too!!! Ha, ha, you can't hide!!!

NOT Working: http://forum.bodybuildi ng.com/showthread.php?t=121893 421
    Brandy
    Kicking the @*%$ out of fat, one day at a time!

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post
    Same problem here, the following link didn't work. I found you too!!! Ha, ha, you can't hide!!!

hmmmmm thats odd that worked for the others????

Day off

Todays my day off of training and I had a whole lot of stuff to get done!!! I am trying to get back into some event promotions, this used to be a hobby of mine.... Bringing some top quality entertainment into this otherwise bland community, great things are about to happen there... just going to be slow moving.
    My sister in law called me up this morning and asked me to go to a play place with her and my little nephews, this is the tallest Jungle Jim in the province, and I will admit as much fun for us adults as it is the kids!! After yesterdays lower body workout though... my legs were stiff and the youngest wanted to do the longest slide (from the top) about a thousand times..... lots of fun....
    My diet today suffered due to being intown so much and with the nephews... I gotta learn to start carrying some meals in my back pack!! but at least I got in some much needed calories at McDonalds after playing at Junglemania with the kids....

This is the band I am doing the first show for....
    Last edited by ninjinja; 01-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Subbed bro!
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post

See I wasn't alone!!!!!!!!

See I wasn't alone!!!!!!!!
    hahah yeah but it seems like it was only the two of you... the rest of the TGZ and paul and... whom ever else found their ways in off of it... I don't get it....

hahah yeah but it seems like it was only the two of you... the rest of the TGZ and paul and... whom ever else found their ways in off of it... I don't get it....
    somehow, the doc's computer was doctored

somehow, the doc's computer was doctored
    lol must of been!!! Brandys too