wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Football Help ( Your Kind not Ours)

Okay,

so heres the thing, i have a friend of mine who has played football for years as a wide reciever, And for years he has been bugging me to go play with his team... or atleast try out.

Well after years i now have the day that the train free on my schedule so i decided to go along and " try out " more on that in a second.

So basically the set up looked really professional for a UK team, and i quite fancied looking before jumping in at the deep end like an idiot. Well today i unexpectedly had try outs and it went something like..... Have you played before... and please sign here.

So they have asked me where i wanna play... i havnt the foggyest clue except from what i know of Madden 2010 and watching NFL Europe before it was killed.

So to kind of describe me, i train as a Combat Athlete everyday of the week, but really would like to play a sport recreationally on the side. I am 6ft tall and my weight kind of wonders between 176-183lbs. I have a good vertical jump... definately over 36 inches but we ran out of boxes the day i tried it.... i am pretty fast, played Rugby as a winger for a good 4 years, so can tackle a bit as well... but unfortunately cannot seem to catch the american football at all(bloody pads and short arms, thats my excuse)... .. I am relativly strong, nothing special.. but a bit over average i would think.

After many hours of research on Madden 2010 and the net it has came to my attention that Safety may be a position i like, however i have very little in game knowledge " i know the rules but have never played" and i guessed this is a very big disadvantage in this position.

The team has like 10 RB so was kinda hoping not to do that.

Any suggestions.???... in fact any advice tips or insight at all... please help someone out from across the pond.

Any reccomendations on position.
    However many holy words you read,However many you speak,What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Safety, Nickle, or Corner is where you seem to fit judging by your weight, and height and inability to catch :P
    Man on a mission

wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wllcr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, i thought.... altho i must be honest as soon as i am done writing this post i am gonna google what a nickle is... thats definately not on Madden :P

Googled, all good now... cheers.
    Last edited by wllcr; 01-24-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    However many holy words you read,However many you speak,What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?

Guy at the team suggests OLB?...... sounds good to me, UK football is a lot smaller guys than over in the states i am told.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    being in the training you were in, do you like contact?

if so i would suggest safety or line backer!

safety isnt that hard of a position to learn it just takes some practice learning how physically to accomplish the things you need to do! (mostly a body position type thing)

line backer is big on reaction and knowledge! you need to learn how to read offenses in both positions but more so in LB!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    linebackers are usually big dudes..not as big as the offensive linemen and d linemen but big..are u considered one of the bigger guys or at least stronger guys? Quickness and strength are key at that position! Good luck!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe a coverage OLB. With your height, weight and leaping ability I would say safety, corner or free safety depending on what scheme your running.
    Goals:
    40YD: 4.6 (electric)
    Vertical: 35
    Bf%: 7-11
    Weight: 230
    Height: 6'1 1/2
    Deadlift: 500
    Three Board Bench: 330
    10 Inch Box Squat: 435

The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Terrorist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nah, safety or linebacker aren't good positions for a novice. I don't know if football in the UK is less complex (as in the complexity of the plays), but safeties and linebackers have to know how to read and play zone coverage. He might kind of get confused. Defensive end is a good position, especially for someone that is tall, and has a build of strength and quickness.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    OLB is mainly coverage like a safety would be and you would have the responsibility of stopping the outside run.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you played winger and can't really catch i'd reccommend corner or safety. linebacker is more for 6 and 7 (flanker) type guys. like 6 and 7, you need to be a really smart player and know whats going on all around you. corner is fairly simple. safety is a little bit more like a full back (in rugby).

i'm on the opposite side playing my first rugby season having played football my whole life. i played mostly linebacker and they have me playing 6,7 and hooker for sevens matches.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by The_Terrorist View Post
    Nah, safety or linebacker aren't good positions for a novice. I don't know if football in the UK is less complex (as in the complexity of the plays), but safeties and linebackers have to know how to read and play zone coverage. He might kind of get confused. Defensive end is a good position, especially for someone that is tall, and has a build of strength and quickness.
    Height wise is fine for a DE but 180 is small for a defensive end. When your facing olinemen who are 300lbs+ (maybe smaller in UK but im still guessing avg would be 260)

I would still stick with going for corner or saftey, or nickle (which can be OLB in a normal 4-3 or 3-4 defense, or a DB in a nickle defense)

Its a lot of learning to do, but if you stick with it you can catch on quickly.
    Man on a mission

Well after all my discussion about defensive positions it seems that they want me to start training towards being QB.... i wont be a starter or that, but according to the coach i already have a good arm and good accuracy... so he wants me to start training towards being a QB. sounds like a good laugh to me.....

so i am already to Rippetoes.... anyone reccomend anything else to help me become a starting QB in a few years time.. ????

Wannabe Football Player Asparagus333's Avatar
    Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Asparagus333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go on youtube and look up good quarterback's highlight and study their technique. Notice how they keep their feet moving. The feet are the most important part of throwing, not the arm. Be able to transfer your weight into your throw to get a harder throw. Try to use a simple quick release, don't have your arm windup like a baseball pitcher because most players can read your throws easily then. Keep your body/shoulders square towards the person you are trying to throw or your throws will miss wide, I'm pretty sure you already got this down. Having the biggest bench press or the strongest arm does not determine your arm strength, technique is the best solution for arm strength. Notice how a lot of great QBs aren't that muscular. Also you must have a great mindset, you cannot be stubborn. If you have a bad habit, you better fix it. They're the leaders and leaders shouldn't teach others bad habits.

Good QB example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkZcDqtHxMc

However, he doesn't have your athleticity so don't learn his style TOO much. Make your own.
    Last edited by Shiron236; 01-27-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    If I actually feel like answering, I will actually give you a pretty decent answer unlike some people :)

Are you a workout noob? PM me! I can help ^-^

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122100711, feel free to criticize and suggest.

My sad little list of my lifts and their maxes:

Bench Press MAX: 255 lbs
    Goal: 275 lbs

Squat MAX: 350 lbs
    Goal: 405 lbs

Hang Clean MAX: 175 lbs
    Goal: 215 lbs

Deadlift (No Max Yet):
    275 lbs x 5 reps
    Goal: 315 lbs