footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Shoulders; High Reps or Low Reps?

I've heard that shoulders contain different type of Muscle Fibers, therefore they respond better to higher reps 12-15. Is it true? Also do Traps fall in the same category with this?

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    for me low reps and heavy weight works best, the 12-15 rep range never worked for me.
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) texaslifter06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Heavy

The key here is the heaviest weight you can do for the target rep range. That being said I used to train shoulders like everything else 7-10 rep range...started doing 10-12, and theyve really started to grow. Still sometimes go really heavy on my presses. But as far as flys and such, stick with 10-12 and youll be good.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell-

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Both!!! I would do the low reps heavy weights first for the sake of size though, and do the higher reps (no more than 12) at the end of your muscle workout to just shock em and exhaust them.
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) footballlover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    Both!!! I would do the low reps heavy weights first for the sake of size though, and do the higher reps (no more than 12) at the end of your muscle workout to just shock em and exhaust them.
    That sounds like it would work. I'm still debating.

serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10) serval is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive got genetically weak shoulders and for me I have to keep my reps relatively high in order for them to respond

The only exception would be if i was doing a heavy barbell military press where I would go between 5 - 8 reps.

As far as dumbbell overhead presses go.... I wouldnt go below 8 and would for the most part keep it in the 10-12 range.... and then any sort of raises I would keep in the 10-15 range

And no traps dont belong in the same category.... traps are very diverse muscles and can respond to loads of rep rangers... from very low (5s) to high (15s)