Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100)

Wink How many lbs untill i have a flat stomach/abs

currently cutting atm guys, and just need a rough indication/ESTIMATION of how many lbs i have to lose until i'd get a flat chest/abs.

I know it sounds wierd to ask this question because its hard - but truthfully your criticism is my main motivation <3 .

height : 6foot6
    weight: 92kilos or 206lbs

also a BF% check would be good. last month i think you guys said around 25%.

lvyas.

phaatso

Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100) Phatso is not very well liked. (-100)
    pics attached...

skinny-fat as u can tell... badly
    Attached Images

t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) t1ger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    15kg/33lbs

Wild guess.

Originally Posted by t1ger View Post
    15kg/33lbs

Wild guess.
    ok cool, anymore suggestions?

170lbs at my height is pretty thin imo.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cutting will do nothing for you.

you need to build a muscle frame before even THINKING about cutting...

Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skies has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Phatso
    170lbs at my height is pretty thin imo.
    Yeah dude your like me when you started, skinny fat, if you cut to abs you will be very skinny but you can then do a clean bulk.

IMO your around 20%, and to get abs you'll probably need to hit 10%, so 10% loss, 10/100 x 200 = 20 so anywhere around 20lbs should be good.

This is very rough, Its hard to estimate some ones bodyfat above 18%

Do it slow, like 1-2lbs a week or you will lose a lot of muscle, I made that mistake, your body loves eating muscle when you starve yourself.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    Yeah dude your like me when you started, skinny fat, if you cut to abs you will be very skinny but you can then do a clean bulk.

IMO your around 20%, and to get abs you'll probably need to hit 10%, so 10% loss, 10/100 x 200 = 20 so anywhere around 20lbs should be good.

Do it slow, like 1-2lbs a week or you will lose a lot of muscle, I made that mistake, your body loves eating muscle when you starve yourself.

Good luck!

thanks mate.

helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    atleast a year! start clean bulking now for 9 months then cut for 3!

anonymous
    I suggest you do a clean bulk and pack on some muscle mass first. Otherwise even if you cut, you won't see abs until a extremely low bf/weight. As you stated you are skinny-fat, and the only way to get around this is to pack on some size first and then cut.

so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Skies View Post

Good luck!
    No offense to OP but it doesn't look like he has much muscle to lose. Like others have suggested, would be better to start off with a bulk.

i want to cut first , because i dont see the point in bulking on 20% BF.
    i will bulk after i shed 20lbs however.

ok i think i mislead everyone.

edit 1 - im not cutting from a bulk, im just losing weight.

edit 2 - not abz, just a flat stomach.

hope that helpss.

bump for more opinions

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Phatso View Post
    i want to cut first , because i dont see the point in bulking on 20% BF.
    i will bulk after i shed 20lbs however.
    Why make this thread, if you've already have a goal in mind?

Originally Posted by vipergq View Post
    Cutting will do nothing for you.

you need to build a muscle frame before even THINKING about cutting...
    ^
    -> This experience member give you good advice for beginner like yourself. Gain muscle first, you'll look like **** cutting.

Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    Why make this thread, if you've already have a goal in mind?

^
    -> This experience member give you good advice for beginner like yourself. Gain muscle first, you'll look like **** cutting.

the point of the thread was for your opinions on how many lbs i should lose until i have a flat stomach.
    I know people are saying i should bulk now given that my muscle mass is low, however i want to cut my BF% down to atleast to 13-15% or 20lbs.

theres no harm in doing that first, then doing a clean bulk. just means less weight to cut after.

vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vipergq is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the point of the thread was for your opinions on how many lbs i should lose until i have a flat stomach.
    I know people are saying i should bulk now given that my muscle mass is low, however i want to cut my BF% down to atleast to 13-15% or 20lbs.

theres no harm in doing that first, then doing a clean bulk. just means less weight to cut after.
    There IS harm in doing that....

When you are skinny fat, your body is not equipped to drop bodyfat efficiently. You will just become a weaker, smaller version of yourself now. frankly, you can not afford that.

Gaining 10 lbs of muscle mass will not only strengthen you overall, but it will allow you to work harder during your cut and the extra muscle will allow your body to efficiently burn fat.

That's the answer. It seems like you will continue asking until you get the answer you want to hear, but here is the answer to your question....

helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by phatso View Post
    i want to cut first , because i dont see the point in bulking on 20% bf.
    I will bulk after i shed 20lbs however.
    dont do this you will waste your time and you will regret it.

rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

When you are skinny fat, your body is not equipped to drop bodyfat efficiently. You will just become a weaker, smaller version of yourself now. frankly, you can not afford that.

Gaining 10 lbs of muscle mass will not only strengthen you overall, but it will allow you to work harder during your cut and the extra muscle will allow your body to efficiently burn fat.

That's the answer. It seems like you will continue asking until you get the answer you want to hear, but here is the answer to your question....
    This is a perfect answer, repped.

Op, if you cut you will be very unhappy with how you look even 20-30lbs lighter because your bf% will be close to the same and you will look the same just smaller and weaker. Not a good choice at all. Listen to the experienced members here, they are not telling you to bulk so you can get jacked and be a huge bodybuilder, they are helping you to lose fat. You need more muscle before you will be able to burn fat. You don't have to gain weight while bulking, you can do a nice mild clean bulk and your weight would probably stay around the same but your bf% will change and you'll look 10x better. It is possible to gain some muscle and lose fat at the same time, just keep your calories up and make sure you are hitting the weights hard. You should see improvements fairly quick.

Kalikolei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

This...... Just Do it like Tiger Woods

Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000) Drake7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have the same shirt on in my profile pic.

U mad?

gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gtconway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cut from 200lbs and ended up just looking skinny and weak. Then I started to do some research and went on a higher protein but still calorie deficient diet. I lifted big 4 times a week including legs. I filled out and still lost a bit of fat and looked 100x better than the skinny fat I was before.

ok, ill follow what you're saying then. however i have no idea on how to bulk up and what-not. any useful links ? im usually in the fat loss sections :S

bump !

rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rufretic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok, ill follow what you're saying then. however i have no idea on how to bulk up and what-not. any useful links ? im usually in the fat loss sections :S
    Well I'm not a nutritionist but since no one else is giving you advise I'll give you an idea what I would do. For your size something like 2400 calories and a high protein diet. You should go to one of those calorie calculators to find out exactly what you need to maintain and then add 200-300 on top. Try something like 50% protien 30% carb & 20% fat. Try to eat good healthy foods. The things I eat the most are chicken, steak, eggs, almonds, cottage cheese, vegtibles and oats. The most important thing is that you lift heavy and with high intensity. You will start to build muscle and then the fat will start to slowly come off. After you've put on a little more muscle you can adjust your calories to a slight defisite and the fat will really start melting off. I would say try to add muscle for at least 6 months before you even thinking about trying to cut.

squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) squibbscr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll have to experiment and find what works best for you, what you realistically can do and can stick with. good luck!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/squibbscr

ok thanks so much.

jusst bought my NO explode and my Whey protein and im now ready to bulk for 9months !!

i have a couple of Qs first:

1) how many lbs should i be aiming to gain a week? 3-4 lbs

2) what is dirty bulking and what is clean bulking. and in my situation which is better and why. !

thanks

your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I'd recommend a high protein, low carb diet with regular cardio and a bodyweight exercise routine. You don't want size, right, you're looking to get ripped?

wow im so ****ing ocnfused now. your saying that, while most ppl are saying bulk

is createin essential for me to bulk up? would u reccommend me buying it

your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50) your_boy_Al will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow im so ****ing ocnfused now. your saying that, while most ppl are saying bulk
    Most people probably have different goals. What kind of body are you looking for? Post an example pic.

Originally Posted by your_boy_Al View Post
    Most people probably have different goals. What kind of body are you looking for? Post an example pic.
    http://images.buddytv.com/usrimages/...m-gigandet.jpg

http://nothingsacred.typepad.com/.a/...78b2970b-800wi

maybe a bit more BF% however, he is nuts.

but i wouldnt mind this

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg