nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nemesest is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to get better conditioning for soccer?

Is it possible to gain a lot of muscle (lift lots of weights + eat a lot), and also be able to sprint for long periods of time? Also, how can I get faster 100m times?

So far I have been going to the gym a lot to stop looking so skinny, but my other goal is to be able to get into college soccer team coming Fall.
    Last edited by nemesest; 01-23-2010 at 08:24 PM.

NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Soccer conditioning is a mix between HIIT and your everyday stamina training.

So alternate between those two and you'll be in better shape for what you need to do.

To get faster, work on your leg strength, speed, agility. And also pay attention to your running form. It's surprising how many guys don't know how to sprint properly.

ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZePump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I play soccer for my highschool team too. I picked up weight lifting over the summer and even though it took a little while to get back into shape I'm now able to do both. On our team we basically just run constantly. We'll do cycles of 2 miles, then 1 mile, and 1/2, and then a couple 1/4 miles maybe once a week. I do a four day split and train for explosiveness with legs by doing like box squats, one leg step ups, box jumps, and for cardio in the weight room I'd suggest jump roping cause it's done wonders for me and being light on my feet.

tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpage80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep your calories obove maintence to clean bulk/bulk and continue with your cardio. Same conditioning+adding muscle.
    Bench:225x1
    Squat:305x1
    Deadlift:LOL

NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tpage80 View Post
    Keep your calories obove maintence to clean bulk/bulk and continue with your cardio. Same conditioning+adding muscle.
    this. if you want to still gain while doing cardio just eat more food

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I never understood why coaches make soccer players run miles, it's nothing like what the game is actually like. For endurance, run 200's and 400's. For speed, MUCH shorter distances are needed.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeonJesus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    I never understood why coaches make soccer players run miles, it's nothing like what the game is actually like. For endurance, run 200's and 400's. For speed, MUCH shorter distances are needed.
    You obviously don't play on a high level then. The average midfielder runs about 9km in a match, of which most is actual running and not jogging.

Good players are the ones that have both the skillset, and the physical ability to kep moving around the pitch, helping the offense and tracking back to defend.

I'm a forward, and I still find myself sprinting back to help the left/right backs in defense, or sprinting from my box to the other side of the goal in a counter attack move. I run at least a few miles every game.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NeonJesus View Post
    You obviously don't play on a high level then. The average midfielder runs about 9km in a match, of which most is actual running and not jogging.

Good players are the ones that have both the skillset, and the physical ability to kep moving around the pitch, helping the offense and tracking back to defend.

I'm a forward, and I still find myself sprinting back to help the left/right backs in defense, or sprinting from my box to the other side of the goal in a counter attack move. I run at least a few miles every game.
    Actually I have played at a fairly high level.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...icle722711.ece

If players are sprinting a lot of the match, then why run miles instead of 400's? 400's = speed endurance, which is what the top level of football is mainly nowadays. I played winger, and running 4 miles did **** all for me. Once I got 400's down my belt and stopped steady state runs, I could run all game
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    Actually I have played at a fairly high level.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...icle722711.ece

If players are sprinting a lot of the match, then why run miles instead of 400's? 400's = speed endurance, which is what the top level of football is mainly nowadays. I played winger, and running 4 miles did **** all for me. Once I got 400's down my belt and stopped steady state runs, I could run all game
    soccer isnt a start/stop game. the 400s help when you have to go back and forth at a high speed, but you also need to log the miles since you'll be constantly moving for a good 35-40 minutes of the game.

im not saying miles alone help, but unless youre doing high sets of 400s/800s, youre gonna need to get the endurance training somewhere.

doing 10/15 sets of 400 back to back with little to no rest in between is definitely good endurance training. i dont deny that. however, running that many sets is essentially running miles anyways.