inPHOMOUS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much weight should I lift?

I need to know how much weight I should start off with for
    Deadlifts, Upright Rows, and Military Press

I weigh about 174lbs and i'm 5'10

I'm experienced just getting back into the workout scene and just need to know a good starting weight.

Also, I plan to follow the 5x5 workouts followed by 3x3.

EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For 5x5 I think 75% of your 1RM is suitable, while with 3x3 ~85% 1RM should be good. Im not sure though, its pretty dependant upon yourself

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Go in the gym and lift what you can for your target number of reps. There is no set answer.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastingBeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just go to the gym and test it out.

my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10) my_name_is is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do some research on upright rows before you start doing them.

Some say they are bad for your shoulders.

zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50) zgriggs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by my_name_is View Post
    Do some research on upright rows before you start doing them.

Some say they are bad for your shoulders.
    I've heard this as well.

Also, to go along with others, it is probably best just to hit up the gym and test some weight to see where you are at after completing your desired number of reps. From there make adjustments. I would say you want to reach failure on the last rep of the last set. Thats what I would do.

Good Luck!

bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwacked has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by inPHOMOUS View Post
    I need to know how much weight I should start off with for
    Deadlifts, Upright Rows, and Military Press

I weigh about 174lbs and i'm 5'10

I'm experienced just getting back into the workout scene and just need to know a good starting weight.

Also, I plan to follow the 5x5 workouts followed by 3x3.
    as much as you can, then a little more.....
    I wake up early 5 days a week to do something I hate (work), so why not wake up a little earlier to do something I love? (work-out)......What motivates YOU?!?!?!?!

JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ....so since youre experience...how much weight can you lift?
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Misc Crew

Combat Veterans Crew

Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You might want to 12-10-8 the first week, then 10-8-6 the next 2 or 3 weeks. Once your muscles get bored of that then 5x5 or what not. I just know for myself that if I go a long time without lifting, then just go crazy, the next couple days I have to drink a lot of alcohol to numb the sore muscles.

Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GreenWave1 View Post
    Go in the gym and lift what you can for your target number of reps. There is no set answer.
    Really? I thought everyone must start with 36 pound upright rows, 174 pound deadlifts and 98.2 pound military press.
    cjj2k in a pm to me:

"**** you pussy, you and ape can eat **** "

djhalfkast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well Im 5'9 and just under 170lbs

Upright rows = 66lbs
    Shoulder press with dbs = 97lbs
    Deads = 110lbs

So maybe drop 10-20 lbs below those and thats a good benchmark for you.

derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    if youre so experienced and just getting back into it, why are you asking us?