James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Punching with light dumbbells?

I've seen boxers do this. Do they do it as a cardio exercise or do they just do it to be faster at punching?
    And would it be bad to do this the same day as you worked your arms at all?

Genetically Different adrenergic's Avatar
    adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by James35 View Post
    I've seen boxers do this. Do they do it as a cardio exercise or do they just do it to be faster at punching?
    And would it be bad to do this the same day as you worked your arms at all?
    Have fun with dislocation, hyper extension and ruptured muskles.
    Ex nihilo nihil fit

[blog.Revoltfitness.com]

Olympic Lifter To Be BredFromFire's Avatar
    BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000) BredFromFire is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by adrenergic View Post
    this, i tried playing trombone with strap weights once and it screwed me up bad
    Start/Now
    Back Squat: 155/405
    Deadlift: 145/415
    Bench Press: 1 pound/1 kilogram

proud sponser of brool story co., bringing you brool stories since 1932

**shoulder injury putting oly lifting on hold**

Jiu-Jitsu jizzbelt

daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They do that to be able to throw a punch faster. Put it this way if you can throw combination of punches with weight in your hands imagine how fast you can throw combination of punches without weights, and yes i dont see anything wrong with throwing it in with arm day
    Last edited by daniel321; 01-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Please...They're fine to do with light weights.

OP, don't exceed a few pounds.

MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Yeah if he was a retard.

It's to help build core power for a punch and speed if they're using really light ones.

I used to do it and got up to swinging 12lbs I got pretty fast, it's just kinda.... boring.

I mean, if you're trying to be a fighter, than i'd say do it, just keep form before you throw your arms as fast as you can thinkin' you'll be Manny Pacquiao in 3 weeks.

It's not a complete strenuous workout, it's something you'd do for like 2 minutes every day.

but:
    Punching a heavy bag > Swinging dumb bells
    >>Member of the "I lost 100lbs Club" !<< :D

overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it just sounds like something you'd see on the fitness channel..as in stupid

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by overajo View Post
    Do boxing gloves have mass?

If the answer is yes, then punching in boxing gloves is effectively the same thing as punching with a light dbell.

MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post

If the answer is yes, then punching in boxing gloves is effectively the same thing as punching with a light dbell.

Ehhh.

Punching with boxing gloves = 1lb weight.

But it does help a retarded amount.

daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel321 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your training for a fight the last thing you are going to have in the back of your mind is OH NO i dont want to get a DISLOCATED SHOULDER or break a nail or pull something, but there are all different types of training obviously. For example look up how they train for muay thai in thailand they whip their shins with bamboo and roll them with the cake batter wooden rollers so they will calus.

overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

the lightest dumbell my gym has is a five lb'er. a boxing glove probably weighs around one pound.

My personal opinion i wouldn't use the weights in the hands and throw combinations. I would use bands or the cross over cables so you have the added resistance while your throwing your punches

the lightest dumbell my gym has is a five lb'er. a boxing glove probably weighs around one pound.
    When I said a light dumbbell I was referring to the 2.5 pound one or even one further down. Hence, a smaller difference.

Originally Posted by daniel321 View Post
    My personal opinion i wouldn't use the weights in the hands and throw combinations. I would use bands or the cross over cables so you have the added resistance while your throwing your punches
    What you're saying is the same as using dumb bells.

Actually.

Your argument is like free weights vs machines and you're supporting machines.

DB = more risk, more reward (aka free weight)
    Cables = less risk, less reward (aka "machine")

Don't get me wrong, cables are used by everyone training their speed, but dumb bells require more support and builds a better core, which helps with form, speed, and power.

So f**k cables

James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) James35 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by daniel321 View Post
    They do that to be able to throw a punch faster. Put it this way if you can throw combination of punches with weight in your hands imagine how fast you can throw combination of punches without weights, and yes i dont see anything wrong with throwing it in with arm day
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

This is what I'm worried about.

Please...They're fine to do with light weights.

OP, don't exceed a few pounds.
    I do it with a pair of 3lb dumbbells.

Nah, it's not stupid. I've seen professional boxers do exactly this. I'm just posting because I'm worried it might fuk my arms up.

Originally Posted by James35 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

This is what I'm worried about.

I do it with a pair of 3lb dumbbells.

Nah, it's not stupid. I've seen professional boxers do exactly this. I'm just posting because I'm worried it might fuk my arms up.

Refer to my post where I said I was swinging 12lb dumb bells kthx.

The only thing you should be worried about is locking your elbow out and causing too much tension there.
    If you've got good punching form you'll be fine.

Get some alpha in you and go do that sh*t if you want to throw faster punches and gradually go up in weight like every other week.

/thread.

Genetically Different adrenergic's Avatar
    adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adrenergic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sigh.

Hit the speed bag and train your reflexes, that's how you get faster.
    Ex nihilo nihil fit

[blog.Revoltfitness.com]

EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your a boxer yes

If your not a boxer your a tool

Originally Posted by EricG71 View Post
    If your a boxer yes

If your not a boxer your a tool
    I'm a tool then, apparently.

Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP View Post
    Refer to my post where I said I was swinging 12lb dumb bells kthx.

The only thing you should be worried about is locking your elbow out and causing too much tension there.
    If you've got good punching form you'll be fine.

Get some alpha in you and go do that sh*t if you want to throw faster punches and gradually go up in weight like every other week.

/thread.

Thank you

No kid im not saying that bands and cables are better than weights. Obviously weights are better but im saying since they are scared of pulling something or getting hurt

hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000) hiimzac is just really nice. (+1000)
    Throwing punches with light dumbbells has a lot more to do with fighting fatigue and lactate buildup than it does speed. You get speed through endless, reflexive repetition.

Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000)
    do it man if you got in a fight and had some 2.5s in ur hands that **** would be lethal.

its innovation like this that deserves reps

bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^^
    C-bol review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441121371#post441121371
    Cryoshock review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122092041
    Vasolate review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=450256581#post450256581
    Bioforge/E-Bol Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121981351

Registered User AussieTrapezius's Avatar
    AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    brb punching in the gym with pink dumbbells.

rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rugby-04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Back when I did alot of mma and muay thai we shadow boxed with free weights all the time. If your punching technique is good (power coming from the hips, your in control..) theres nothing wrong with it.

The instructor who taught us trained for years in muay thai boxing camps in thailand and fought professionally over there.. So he knows his stuff lol.

Alot of the guys who did it in my class were amateur and semipro mma fighters here in north america and they all liked it.

We mainly did it as cardio in the warm up and the heaviest weight we ever EVER used were 15lbs.. and even then that was only 1 or 2 of the biggest guys.

Also, lol at the comment above about whipping shins to make them harder for fighting... haha our instructor did that back in thailand so needless we all got to do that to

Chemically Assisted BrbGettinHyooge's Avatar
    BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000) BrbGettinHyooge is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AussieTrapezius View Post
    brb punching in the gym with pink dumbbells.
    Good lulz.
    Life is a choice, and death is a decision.

Above the law but under the influence.

#TeamMeatball

Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was swinging with 2 two pound dumbbells lets just say.. not a good idea.