Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Kevin 'The Specimen' Schosek's Journey to a Natural Pro Card

Hey everybody, my buddy Matt suggested I start a log for my prep to the 2010 Spring season, so here it is..enjoy!

I will be competing on March 20th at the INBF Northern States Supernatural at Maryvale HS in Buffalo, NY.

A little history about myself:
    I began training in March of 2006 in my high school's tiny little excuse for a weight room, with 2 bench presses, a few dumbbells and EZ-Bars, and a low-iso row machine that everyone used to work biceps instead of back. As with everybody when they begin, I only really trained chest and arms hard...everything else was just hit to get it out of the way. I began bodybuilding when I got to college (Brockport) and some buddies told me to try and compete...which brings me to my competition history.

Competition History:
    2008 NPC Mr. Buffalo - Open Lightweights - 5th place out of 5
    2009 NPC Mr. Rochester - Open Welterweights - 2nd place out of 6 - Earned national qualification

My current training split is as follows:
    Monday ? Biceps
    Tuesday ? Chest
    Wednesday ? Back
    Thursday ? Triceps
    Friday ? Legs
    Saturday ? Shoulders
    Sunday ? Off

My current macronutrients as of 9 weeks out of the show:
    Regular Day
    Protein - 258 grams
    Carbs - 220 grams
    Fats - 45 grams
    Re-Feed Day (Friday)
    Protein - 251 grams
    Carbs - 389 grams
    Fats - 39.5 grams

With all that being said, I hope you all follow along as I try to earn natural pro status. I have 3 chances to do so this spring, at the INBF NSSN and 2 NGA shows in April. I believe if I earn a pro-card at an NGA show it would make me the youngest NGA pro as of now..could be wrong though.
    PharmaFreak Sponsored Athlete
    www.PharmaFreak.com

Interact with me on Twitter and InstaGram! @KevinSchosek

www.BodiesByKevin.com

sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Finally

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks like I'm the first one in on this one.

I wish you the best of luck, but not too much luck since I'll be competing against you at at least two of these shows, lol (different weight class though). You've got a great base on you and you are going to do extremely well. Based on the pic you posted on the other board, your conditioning is going to be excellent as well.

WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WoopItsKevin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Forgot to include some pictures and videos to jump start this!

These are from the NPC Rochester this past June. I weighed in at 157 pounds, and dieted for 7 weeks.

Now here a couple of my most recent pictures, taken during my prep for the INBF Northern States Supernatural. I'm doing a 14 week prep and am 6 weeks into it so far, weighing 165 pounds in the morning.

www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Looks like I'm the first one in on this one.

I wish you the best of luck, but not too much luck since I'll be competing against you at at least two of these shows, lol (different weight class though). You've got a great base on you and you are going to do extremely well. Based on the pic you posted on the other board, your conditioning is going to be excellent as well.
    Hey thanks for the compliment, I wish you the best of luck as well...only thing to do now is just grind out the last few weeks! You look awesome man especially the back double bi, it looks like your bread and butter pose.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Retired Pro W/C Bodybuild RichKnapp's Avatar
    RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000) RichKnapp is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I'll be following.
    50+ year old stubborn mule. Follow along at
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177980091&pagenumber=

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll be watching this one. Pretty impressive conditioning for only 7 weeks of dieting at the NPC show man, how far above your contest weight do you sit in the offseason?
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*

RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) RossDB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice, mabye ill compete against you in a few years
    wut?

Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
    I'll be following.
    Thanks Rich!

Originally Posted by Whomper107 View Post
    I'll be watching this one. Pretty impressive conditioning for only 7 weeks of dieting at the NPC show man, how far above your contest weight do you sit in the offseason?
    Thanks, it was a relentless 7 weeks but definitley paid off. I got up to around 172-173 pounds before the NPC Rochester, and I began this prep at around 174-175 pounds.

Originally Posted by RossDB View Post
    Nice, mabye ill compete against you in a few years
    Sounds good to me, who knows where we'll be at in a few years
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

_Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _Machine_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some nasty quad separation for 8 weeks out man ... I'll be followin
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man, you've got a really well balanced physique. Im sure you'll do really well. Im a Rochester guy also, so i'll probably see you around at some point.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000) AllDai is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking good bro! I'll definitely stick around to see how this goes.
    Team Animal

My Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=401088131#post401088131

Originally Posted by _Machine_ View Post
    Some nasty quad separation for 8 weeks out man ... I'll be followin
    Thanks Eric the light does some good justice for me in the pics, but hopefully I can really bring it out now that I'm starting to do my cardio in the morning and actually training legs hard.
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Hey man, you've got a really well balanced physique. Im sure you'll do really well. Im a Rochester guy also, so i'll probably see you around at some point.
    Hey Sean thanks I appreciate that, I was at your show this past Fall, my roomate Lester Gale took 2nd in the junior division and 2nd in the light-heavyweights to Gene Ring. (Personally I liked your shape and size better that Pryzbyla's physique and thought you had the overall in the bag..but that will certainly come soon enough)

Originally Posted by AllDai View Post
    Looking good bro! I'll definitely stick around to see how this goes.
    Alright glad to hear it! :] I'll keep the posts coming
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Shoulder Training

Did some shoulders today, overall an awesome workout. I only hit each bodypart once per week, so I tend to obliterate that bodypart when it is trained...so far it has worked well for me as long as my nutrition is up to par.

Dumbbell Side Laterals (Warm-Ups)
    15's x 20
    25's x 15
    30's x 15

Seated Dumbbell Press
    50's x 20
    75's x 15
    85's x 8
    90's x 7 (2 w/ help)
    80's x 8 drop to 60's x 5

Dumbbell Side Laterals
    35's x 12
    40's x 8 drop to 25's x 12 drop to 10's x 10

Barbell Upright Rows
    135 x 10
    145 x 7
    155 x 5 drop to 135 x 4

Rear Delt Flyes (lying stomach down on an incline bench) superset with high cable face-pulls

Front Dumbbell Raise
    30's x 15
    45's x 9
    40's x 8

Barbell Shrugs
    135 x 20
    225 x 15
    275 x 10
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WoopItsKevin View Post

Hey Sean thanks I appreciate that, I was at your show this past Fall, my roomate Lester Gale took 2nd in the junior division and 2nd in the light-heavyweights to Gene Ring. (Personally I liked your shape and size better that Pryzbyla's physique and thought you had the overall in the bag..but that will certainly come soon enough)

Thanks man. Pryzbyla had the conditioning on me. Had I peaked properly, it would have been closer, but he was leaner. I probably wont be on stage until 2011, but hopefully that will be my time!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Thanks man. Pryzbyla had the conditioning on me. Had I peaked properly, it would have been closer, but he was leaner. I probably wont be on stage until 2011, but hopefully that will be my time!
    True, he did have the conditioning...on everybody. I guess that comes down to the age-old conditiong vs. size and shape battle that we all know so well. As far as I see it, 2011 is yours to take home the big prize.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sloboda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    haha damn this log is blooming fast. I just got back into lifting this past week, I took two months off actually. I'm gonna use your routine it looks great

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

You are going to do very well.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by sloboda View Post
    haha damn this log is blooming fast. I just got back into lifting this past week, I took two months off actually. I'm gonna use your routine it looks great
    Yeah man this is awesome hah thanks for the heads up to put this thing on here. As for the routine, I like it a lot because it gives me my off day right after shoulders which is good because I injured my shoulder last year and like to rest it before involving at all in another workoutl.
    Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    You are going to do very well.
    I've got my fingers crossed!
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wanted to say not to highjack this thread at all but, im also competinig in this show and was posing with kev yesterday, pics do him no justice his arms and quads are looking insane right now, his hammys look great as well, guy is great to me one of my closest friends and helps me with everything and is pushing me to go after my pro card b4 im 21 just like he is going to do. Just another bit of info KEvin lester and myself are all sponsored by Genr8 Vitargo and would like to give a shout out to Anthony Almada for believing in us. We will not dissapoint, we will all be on stage together on april 10 and 24, hopefully all in an overall posedwon, Kevin in the lights lester in the light heavy and myself in the middles.
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

I noticed your carbs are above moderate - i'm guessing you kept your diet in check and stayed lean in the off season?

also any cardio?

I noticed your carbs are above moderate - i'm guessing you kept your diet in check and stayed lean in the off season?

also any cardio?
    Yeah my metabolism is unreal and forces me to stay lean in the offseason. For about a month before beginning my cut I was eating Burger King every night as my last meal before bed (couple hamburgers, fries, milkshake) and was taking in a lot during the day...and only put on 2 pounds I think it was. This offseason will be taken much much more seriously as I plan on doing 2 things in 2011... either a pro show (if the stars align and I win my pro card this year) or competing nationally

As for cardio, for the past 6 weeks I've been doing 20-25 mins elliptical intervals immediately post-workout. I would bring my Vitargo and whey with me to the gym and drink those immediatley after training, then hop on the elliptical. Now that I'm under 8 weeks out I'm doing cardio at 6:30 am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.....Saturday at 8 am and Sunday at noon because that's when the gym opens. Just 30-45 minutes of interval cardio on the elliptical.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jealousy @ legs
    BMBC - DinoT1985

Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    Jealousy @ legs
    Thanks man! Deep squats have done the trick for me :] it's a love-hate relationship haha
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

Newest shot taken tonight...just under 8 weeks out, really need to start hitting it harder if I want to bring the conditioning I'd need to even contend for the overall.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

your chest looks like it got cracked in half haha genetics do that?

your chest looks like it got cracked in half haha genetics do that?
    Yeah unfortunately I've always had that separation there it sucks. It's been like that since I started training in high school and I've tried everything to fill it in but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. On that note, I gotta go train chest today I'll be back later with how it went.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com

VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VS2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Were are proud to have you guys on board! All three of you are great representatives of the brand we are hard ar work building! If we all do our part we ALL will be at the top of this industry!
    Best in Fitness,

Tamer Kholousi, TSgt. USAFR
    Manager, Military Marketing & Sport Sponsorship
    E: tkholousi@genr8speed.com
    www.genr8speed.com

Visit us at:
    Www.********.com/genr8strength
    Www.********.com/genr8endurance

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VS2 View Post
    Were are proud to have you guys on board! All three of you are great representatives of the brand we are hard ar work building! If we all do our part we ALL will be at the top of this industry!
    Thanks I completely agree like, we are busting are butts in the gym and on these boards trying to show people that Genr8 Vitargo is one of the best supplements and companies out there!
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

My newest ab shot that I took this morning around 9 am.
    www.PharmaFreak.com

www.BodiesByKevin.com