Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seeing no improvement

Im running 2 miles then biking for 20 minutes. And then i lift.
    i do rippetoes routine but im adding more to it. but after all that i see some improvement in my muscles but dont see that im losing weight i still weigh 132! i cut off the fatty stuff too i havent ate fast food in about 4 months lol . i keep my diet tracked i do hit over 1500 calories a day and i avoid fried things and sugary things.Im adding weights every time i come back to the gym. I have abs rock hard abs but theres like a tiny thin layer of fat covering it! son of a gun just pissed off talking about it any suggestions?

overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gonna explain it as simply as I can...

Caloric surplus= mass gain
    caloric shortage= mass loss

If you don't take in the amount of calories that you burn in a day, and then some, you won't get larger.

if you take in less than the amount of calories you need in a day, you'll lose weight. As long as the change isn't too significant, and you keep eating plenty of protein, you won't lose too much muscle.

Didn't see your weight, but if you're around 160 pounds like me, and you want to lose fat/weight, go for around 2000 calories a day, with wiggle room on workout days.

Also, drop the cardio. Or sprint a mile instead. Slow cardio just increases your appetite while burning a small amount of calories compared to sprinting or lifting.

good luck brah!

ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    son of a gun! that pisses me off too!
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395

follow my training & diet blog
    http://carbsareevil.tumblr.com/

Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason283 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Khiemdaman View Post
    brah, this is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive heard today... try NOT doing that much cardio before lifting... try NOT doing that much cardio if your trying to get bigger, or instead, eat more.

snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snizzle77 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jason283 View Post
    brah, this is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive heard today... try NOT doing that much cardio before lifting... try NOT doing that much cardio if your trying to get bigger, or instead, eat more.
    ^^+1. Lay off the intense cardio.

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should workout then do all the cardio at the end. You need to set a goal too, fat loss or muscle gain? your choice...
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) corysvenson22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buddy i love the work ethic and all but you would have to be taking in some serous food to be able to benefit from your struggles if i were you i wouldn't run so much in the beginning and just focus on lifting hard 100%

Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeh screw that son of a gun fat layer and get a bit less than double your calorie intake.

and ya cardios for steers and queers

StrongTwig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gothwaite View Post
    yeh screw that son of a gun fat layer and get a bit less than double your calorie intake.

and ya cardios for steers and queers
    no idea

Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000) Gothwaite is just really nice. (+1000)
    lolwut

Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Khiemdaman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jason283 View Post
    I cant get pumped without doing alot of cardio when i dont do alot of cardio i feel sluggish and weak but when i do it im pumped and sweating and ready to lift.

Registered User qwertqwertqwert's Avatar
    qwertqwertqwert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by overajo View Post
    Gonna explain it as simply as I can...

Caloric surplus= mass gain
    caloric shortage= mass loss

If you don't take in the amount of calories that you burn in a day, and then some, you won't get larger.

if you take in less than the amount of calories you need in a day, you'll lose weight. As long as the change isn't too significant, and you keep eating plenty of protein, you won't lose too much muscle.

Didn't see your weight, but if you're around 160 pounds like me, and you want to lose fat/weight, go for around 2000 calories a day, with wiggle room on workout days.

Also, drop the cardio. Or sprint a mile instead. Slow cardio just increases your appetite while burning a small amount of calories compared to sprinting or lifting.

good luck brah!

you dont burn that many calories when lifting...

JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) JBBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I cant get pumped without doing alot of cardio when i dont do alot of cardio i feel sluggish and weak but when i do it im pumped and sweating and ready to lift.
    Maybe do 20 minutes light cycling as warm-up to make you feel less sluggish. "I can't get pumped" makes so sense... "the pump" [if thats what you're refering to] comes with blood rushing into the muscle. Ergo, if you want "teh pump" then sets of 12 - 14 reps is probably best, however hypertrophy requires around 6 - 12 reps so it's your choice.
    Goal 1; 200 lbs by 1st January 2010
    Goal 2; 100KG (220lbs) by June 1st 2010

Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr.city has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mind explaining why you're a 130 lbs male who doing Staring Strength and is eating on a deficit and ****ing running as well? You're not understanding how the program is supposed to work.

Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mando1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well if your eating 1500 cals a day while doing cardio and lifting, you really shouldnt be confused why your not seeing any progress...

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    i keep my diet tracked i do hit over 1500 calories a day
    Around here, we call 1500 Calories "breakfast".
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do rippetoes routine but im adding more to it. but after all that i see some improvement in my muscles but dont see that im losing weight i still weigh 132! i cut off the fatty stuff too i havent ate fast food in about 4 months lol . i keep my diet tracked i do hit over 1500 calories a day and i avoid fried things and sugary things.Im adding weights every time i come back to the gym. I have abs rock hard abs but theres like a tiny thin layer of fat covering it! son of a gun just pissed off talking about it any suggestions?
    If you see improvement in your muscle defninition and size and are staying the same weight then that is called recomposition, which means you are gaining lean muscle and losing fat as well, which is a good thing. You really shouldnt want to go lower than 130 tbh, you should be focusing on bulking up/maintaining.

Also, that layer ontop of your abs may not be fat but water beneath the skin. Remember, that for every 1 gram of glycogen stored (which is from carbs) 2.5 or so grams of water is stored as well. If you want to reduce this, id say drop some carbs and increase protein/good fats.

Remember, calories make you fat, not fat itself.
    C-bol review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441121371#post441121371
    Cryoshock review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122092041
    Vasolate review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=450256581#post450256581
    Bioforge/E-Bol Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121981351

AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000) AirChair is just really nice. (+1000)
    i keep my diet tracked i do hit over 1500 calories a day
    Around here, we call 1500 Calories "breakfast".
    forum rule
    Discussion of illegal, banned, or controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to: steroids, FDA banned substances, pro-hormones, illegal drugs (United States laws apply), and prescription drugs. If it isn’t a product currently sold on Bodybuilding.com take caution in discussing it.

joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000) joselsturbo is just really nice. (+1000)
    take a prework but still warm up a little like 5 minutes treadmill then lift