Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What hits the inside of the upper chest ?

I have been doing Incline benches , but have not figured out if I should do the widest grip or something closer to shoulder grip to achieve the upper chest line.
    I also do cable crossovers, keeping the grips chest height when coming in for the squeeze.

Thanks for the advice.

XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incline db flies try those.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't selectively target the "inside of the upper chest"....

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tatfree View Post
    I have been doing Incline benches , but have not figured out if I should do the widest grip or something closer to shoulder grip to achieve the upper chest line.
    I also do cable crossovers, keeping the grips chest height when coming in for the squeeze.

Thanks for the advice.
    IMHO you can't really target the inside of the upper chest. It will fill out along with the rest of the chest. Stick to the basics for pure mass. Flat and incline BB presses.
    Some guys at the gym used to think that doing flat DB flys and rotating the palms in at the top of the contraction(as you bring the DBs together) would hit this area, but I have seen no studies to prove that theory.

revster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) revster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by socket View Post
    IMHO you can't really target the inside of the upper chest. It will fill out along with the rest of the chest. Stick to the basics for pure mass. Flat and incline BB presses.
    Some guys at the gym used to think that doing flat DB flys and rotating the palms in at the top of the contraction(as you bring the DBs together) would hit this area, but I have seen no studies to prove that theory.
    Exactly. It is one muscle. Its a myth like spot fat reduction.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    All of the above. The only way to build a cut between your pecs is with more mass. The pecs (and any other single joint muscle) contract along it's full length, not just the inside or outside, or middle part. The reason muscles have bellies in the center is to keep contractile stress as far away from the joints and insertions as possible. That's why muscles develop in the center first. To develop the inside, or outside alone would be imbalancing and add potential for injury, that's why your body won't do it.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cable crossovers with the chest out, chin up and the hands crossing about a foot in front of my forehead has resulted in major strides in this area over the last three months.

You have to set the machine at knee level though.

It works for me!
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000) thebigguy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    All of the above. The only way to build a cut between your pecs is with more mass. The pecs (and any other single joint muscle) contract along it's full length, not just the inside or outside, or middle part. The reason muscles have bellies in the center is to keep contractile stress as far away from the joints and insertions as possible. That's why muscles develop in the center first. To develop the inside, or outside alone would be imbalancing and add potential for injury, that's why your body won't do it.
    IronCharles, you always hit it right on the head...For me, at least! I agree completely as for me that was my biggest problem, no upper chest mass let alone the cut between the pecs (my pet peeve is the collar bone that sticks out...I've always hated the damn things as to me they just pointed out how skinny I was...). It wasn't until I started to get more mass in the pecs that the problem started to solve itself.

And I'm a big fan of dumbbell presses...

Ron III---III
    My favorite part of Bodybuilding is the sleeping because then I don't have to worry about eating all day!! :)

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HeismanWatch View Post
    Cable crossovers with the chest out, chin up and the hands crossing about a foot in front of my forehead has resulted in major strides in this area over the last three months.

You have to set the machine at knee level though.

It works for me!
    Kinda funny at how people say it can't be done and then people actually do it, like you and me.

Reality vs theory.

OMG, which one is correct?
    Time To Re-Schedule

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    I'm glad to learn that sheer determination can overcome physiology! Maybe I can start doing more preacher curls to fill in that gap between my bicep and my elbow!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    The SHAPE of a muscle is genetically determined. The SIZE is the only thing you can affect. If you grow the muscle overall, it may APPEAR that you have done something specific for the upper chest. But you are mistaken.
    Overweight and arrogant

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMHO:

If you want the valley deeper, make the mountains bigger. Attempting to specifically recruit/target just 25% of your pecs is not gonna happen.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonGoon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm glad to learn that sheer determination can overcome physiology! Maybe I can start doing more reversepreacher curls to fill in that gap between my bicep and my elbow!
    fixeded...)

and ya know...there's a frog somewhere in some jungle somewhere that can change from having a frog penus to having a frog bagina...so i never rule out anything as impossible.

/my semicoherant yammering...or is it?
    thank God for my dogs...i owe them my life.

Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tatfree is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

I also wonder if that line doesn't come out until you are a certain % in bodyfat.

I noticed that little line goes away a little when I bulk versus it comes back in when I lean out.

caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no way to target just a specific part of the body. People say the feel flies on the outside, but that is do to the stretch. It is a fan shaped muscle, and it build by contracting across the body.

Cheers,

Casey Kaldal

www.AdviceForPersonalTrainers.com | www.RockStarFitnessJobs.com
    Online resource dedicated to the success of fitness professionals. Topics ranging from health and nutrition to fitness marketing, courses, salaries and job opportunities.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BuckSpin View Post
    IMHO:

If you want the valley deeper, make the mountains bigger. Attempting to specifically recruit/target just 25% of your pecs is not gonna happen.
    Why not combine exercises which develop overall size in the pectoral region with exercises that "emphasize" the inner portion, and cover all bases? Notice I didn't say isolate but emphasize.

Example:

Flat bench for overall size with Flys for inner emphasis.

OR

Weighted dips for overall size with Cable crossovers for inner emphasis.

It is possible for these two worlds to co-exist. Is it not?
    Last edited by SquatTilYouDrop; 01-23-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Take a rubber band. Now pull evenly with both hands. Where does it stretch?

Now, just pull with one hand, while holding the other still. Where does it stretch? On the moving end? Or evenly?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    Why not combine exercises which develop overall size in the pectoral region with exercises that "emphasize" the inner portion, and cover all bases? Notice I didn't say isolate but emphasize.

Example:

Flat bench for overall size with Flys for inner emphasis.

OR

Weighted dips for overall size with Cable crossovers for inner emphasis.

It is possible for these two worlds to co-exist. Is it not?
    Yes. One would think that according to prevailing theory in this thread that bodybuilders should just pick an exercise for the bp of the day, and just do like 20 sets of it and then go home.

Why in the H do we see bbers, pro or not, doing different variations of exercises in the gym for say biceps or calves?
    Time To Re-Schedule

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let me get this straight because it didn't work for some of you it can't be done. Others it was about overall mass in the region and then for the last bit, you had to target the area.

Better MMC and form produced the results as well as time. Like tyrbo and the others said, why omit when you can cover all the bases?
    Cha Cha Cha

Now, just pull with one hand, while holding the other still. Where does it stretch? On the moving end? Or evenly?
    Good thing our muscles are not rubber bands with built in tensile strength.

They motivate themselves from within along the innervation pathways. Depending on the exact movement, they may pull from one end or the other, or all together.
    Time To Re-Schedule

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thats the problem people don't always get that stretch and so that is why the db flies and cables allow them to get that proper stretch that levers of their arms don't allow in "barbell or db press". you have to get a full stretch "opening up the pecs" to get the "inner chest" to work. Some people are set up perfectly to get it but a lot of people aren't.
    Cha Cha Cha

So I can contract half a muscle, while the other half stays relaxed? And if my muscle is fully stretched, I'm exercising parts of it I'm not exercising when it's only partially stretched?

I'm at a loss for words here!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

So I can contract half a muscle, while the other half stays relaxed? And if my muscle I'd fully stretched, I'm exercising parts of it I'm not exercising when it's only partially stretched?

I'm at a loss for words here!
    It's more a matter of degree, not on-off, black-white.

Look, I don't have a PhD in physiology.

all I know is that after doing like 50,000 sets of different chest exercises over 25 years, when I selected certain ones to target ONLY my upper inner chest area, I suddenly starting growing like muscle "bubbles" ,with visible veins and everything, EXACTLY where the op is asking about. This growth was out of proportion to the growth in other lower parts of my chest.

EXACTLY!

This was around 2003-2005 period.

So we have here a scientific experiment, with the control data my entire lifting time from late 90's through 2003, and the changed data/observance from 2003-2005.

Then it got out of hand so I slowed it down some and started more general chest presses/flyes back to add to my routine.
    Time To Re-Schedule

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    Let me get this straight because it didn't work for some of you it can't be done. Others it was about overall mass in the region and then for the last bit, you had to target the area.

Better MMC and form produced the results as well as time. Like tyrbo and the others said, why omit when you can cover all the bases?
    I don't think anyone's impling to omit anything. It's just that the best way to bring out the inner is to focus on overall mass. Cable cross overs, dumbell flys, pec dec work, etc. all have there place. But the best way to bring out the inner is just building overall chest mass.

Again, that's IMHO. But it is correct that some excercises work better for some and not others based on the genetics of the individual.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just curious, has anyone making definitive statements actually researched what they are saying?

Because from what I have read, it seems like a possibility exists that one could "emphasize" parts of a muscle.. combine that with bodybuilders "experience" and I think I could make a pretty good case in court...

This guy thinks so too...his creds seem decent.

http://www.joseantoniophd.com/websit...cles.php?id=17

B.S. Biology, The American University, Washington D.C.

M.S. Exercise Physiology, Kent State University, Kent OH

Ph.D. Skeletal Muscle Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX

Post-doc, Endocrinology and Metabolism, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX

Fellow of ACSM

Fellow of NSCA

Fellow of ISSN

Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist

Chief Executive Officer of the International Society of Sports Nutrition

Board of Directors - National Strength and Conditioning Association (2005-08)

49 peer-reviewed publications

13 published books

below also specifically addresses the idea that one can "focus" on the proximal/distal portion along the length of a muscle. Which would translate to "inner/outer" pecs.

http://ptjournal.apta.org/cgi/reprint/73/12/857.pdf
    Last edited by Defiant1; 01-23-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, try:

Incline cable flyes.

Low to High crossovers, especially single arm bringing arm all the way across chest.

Pec dec flyes with the seat low and elbows high (crossing handles in front of face).

Worst case scenario: you have simply tried different exercises.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Here's some further reading on the subject:

http://www.jimcordova.com/articles/details.php?id=24
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    below also specifically addresses the idea that one can "focus" on the proximal/distal portion along the length of a muscle. Which would translate to "inner/outer" pecs.
    Keyword searched the PDF. "Pectoralis" came up 2x, neither time in reference to distal/proximal. It further stated that the lab found several muscles that could be stimulated this way, all of which were arm muscles (forearm in particular) which makes sense in that those muscles exist between 2 distinct joints (forearm between wrist & elbow, bicep between elbow & shoulder) both of which offer flexion & radial ROM in about all the planes of movement.

So of course you could stimulate one end more while the other is not taxed as much in that each joint can move in an almost spherical ROM.

Pecs.....not so much....
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

What you want to do is find a lift that is notorious for repeatedly causing pec tears clean off the sternum while leaving the clavical insertion injury free, and that would be your lift to isolate this area.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keyword searched the PDF. "Pectoralis" came up 2x, neither time in reference to distal/proximal. It further stated that the lab found several muscles that could be stimulated this way, all of which were arm muscles (forearm in particular) which makes sense in that those muscles exist between 2 distinct joints (forearm between wrist & elbow, bicep between elbow & shoulder) both of which offer flexion & radial ROM in about all the planes of movement.

So of course you could stimulate one end more while the other is not taxed as much in that each joint can move in an almost spherical ROM.

Pecs.....not so much....
    What you want to do is find a lift that is notorious for repeatedly causing pec tears clean off the sternum while leaving the clavical insertion injury free, and that would be your lift to isolate this area.
    So you are comfortable in dismissing real world results that do suggest "emphasis" is very likely. I would not be so close minded and sure of myself.