In Trance We Trust killerobotninja's Avatar
    killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Not gaining weight, help!

I have been stuck at 152-154 for 2-3 weeks according to my scale. This is my supplements/working/diet.

Supplements:
    Fish Oil (1000mg)
    Opti-Men Multi
    Creatine (5g daily)
    Whey Protein
    NO-XPLODE when I am feeling tired

Workout
    Four day split
    Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday - Back/Biceps
    Weds - Cardio 30 min/Rest
    Thursday - Shoulders/Forearms
    Friday - Legs
    Weekend - Rest

Food
    My 3500 calories consists of these foods. I usually get around 100g of fat a day which is a little high but ok for bulking (I think) I get between 200-230 grams of protein daily.

Oatmeal.
    Craisins.
    Chicken breasts.
    Peanut butter
    Jelly
    Whole wheat bread
    Peanuts
    Rice
    Granola bars
    Salad
    Yogurt
    Potatoes (Usually bake them)
    Pasta (with alfredo sauce)
    Cheese
    Milk

And water daily.

For all I know it could be my scale that is broken. It is somewhat cheap and one day I'll be 156 and another I'll be 149. I went to a friends two days ago and used his scale and it said I was 159.6 with clothes on no shoes. So I have no idea. Any ideas?
    Last edited by killerobotninja; 01-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.

In Trance We Trust killerobotninja's Avatar
    killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) killerobotninja is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bump.

eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eatMORE- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem as you ! :O

From what I've read, you need to increase your caloric/carbs intake ( might be wrong ) if you're not gaining weight as well as having constant meals each day ( not 6 meals and the next day 4 ).. I would say try to eat 4000 cals a day and see what happens, and continue increasing till it works.
    Goal : |. . . . | . . . . | . . . . | . . . . | . . . . |
    xxxxx145xxxx150xxxx155----160----165----170 lbs

Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Innithepoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your diet looks a lot like mine.. I was 138 pounds like a week ago.. now I am 153 (mostly water).. I eat atleast 5,000 calories a day.. usually aim closer to 6K..

My guess is.. if you are eating at 3,500 calories... you're not eating enough.. or you're not lifting hard enough (intensity isn't high enough).. you gotta punish your body to put on that muscle..

I would cut out the simple carbs unless it's post workout.. and switch to more slower burning crap..

I eat a ton of bread, oatmeal, oatbran cereal a day.. even though it is complex.. it's not very filling and it burns up very quickly.. compared to potatoes and yams..

My typical meal would be: 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 4 slices whole wheat bread.. that is 684 calories right there.. usually I drink 2 cups of nonfat milk.. mixed with whey or weight gainer.. add some nonfat yogurt mixed with oatbran cereal, oatmeal, and some almonds.. and you've got yourself a 1,100-1,500 calorie breakfast..

Generally the rest of the meals I eat 4 slices of bread, 1-2 cups of oatmeal, and some kinda protein..

It all adds up.. think of how unsatisfying 1 cup of oatmeal is.. you could probably easily eat 2 cups.. and that will be an easy 600 calories..

I would also cut out cardio.. some people say 35 minutes 3x a day when bulking is good.. but as long as you lift heavy.. and you're not sedentary.. your metabolism should be sky rocketing..

As for fats.. if you're having trouble getting in calories.. just add more fat.. but make sure it's clean fat.. if you eat 2 natural peanut butter sandwiches.. that's 120 calories per slice of bread.. add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to each slice.. 95 calories a tablespoon.. that's 880 calories for 2 peanut butter sammies..

You should easily get in 200g of protein a day even if you eat only carb sources.. you gotta think.. yeah.. you'll eat some eggs for breakfast, you'll have your post-workout shake.. and you might have some kinda casein type protein for pre-bed.. plus.. all your carb sources has protein in it anyways.. so i woudln't worry about not getting in enough protein..

but yeah.. if you're having a hard time putting on weight.. i suggest getting on a gainer.. or adding extra virgin olive oil.. almonds.. or natty peanut butter to everything..

i'm a hard gainer too.. but eating like i do.. i put on a lot of weight.. real fast.

salad.. it'll fill you up.. not that many calories or carbs.. i would cut it out if you're trying to gain weight..

jelly is just straight up sugar.. i would cut that out too.. it'll make your food taste better but it will make you full faster.. and it's empty calories..

make sure to avoid high fructose corn syrup in whatever cereal bars you are eating.. nutrigrain bars.. poptarts.. they all have high fructose corn syrup..

potatoes are starchy and it's 110 calories 0g fat.. 20 something grams of carbs.. and some protein for each potato.. THAT'S FOR A WHOLE POTATO.. that's gonna make you hella full and you're not getting that many calories.. rather eat half a cup of dry oatmeal.. 150 calories.. 27g carbs.. sodium free... whole wheat.... so much better..

Good luck !

good luck

Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr-Paradox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Add 200-300 calories and see how it goes for two weeks, if that doesn;t make you gain enough, then add more, if you gain too much, decrease a little

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat more

/thread
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dennis71 View Post
    eat more

/thread
    This^
    Training aside, if your not putting on muscle or fat, your not eating enough.

MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleWOP has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you need to optimize your nutrient intake at key points in the day breakfast, prewo,intrawo and pwo.

breakfast:
    3 scoops syntha 6
    mix with 2% milk
    1 cup measured dry oats
    add raisins
    peanut butter 2-3 tbls

preworkout meal 1-2 hrs before lift:
    6-8oz meat
    10-14oz potatoes

preworkout shake 30 min before lifting:
    10g creatine
    10g glutamine
    1 serving akg powder
    1 serving elastijoint (labrada)
    20oz gatorade

intraworkout:
    10 g creatine
    32oz gatorade
    1 serving bcaas

post workout:
    20oz gatorade
    then
    10g creatine
    10g glutamine
    200mg ALA
    40-50g protein
    mix in shake

post workout meal:
    6-8oz meat
    10-14oz potatoes

before bed:
    3 scoops sytha 6
    2% milk
    2-3 tbls peanut butter

and also lift with great intensity do not worry about the weight. i train a lot of 15-25 yr old athletes and this usually does the trcik and they get strong as holy hell!

kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MuscleWOP View Post
    you need to optimize your nutrient intake at key points in the day breakfast, prewo,intrawo and pwo.

breakfast:
    3 scoops syntha 6
    mix with 2% milk
    1 cup measured dry oats
    add raisins
    peanut butter 2-3 tbls

preworkout meal 1-2 hrs before lift:
    6-8oz meat
    10-14oz potatoes

preworkout shake 30 min before lifting:
    10g creatine
    10g glutamine
    1 serving akg powder
    1 serving elastijoint (labrada)
    20oz gatorade

intraworkout:
    10 g creatine
    32oz gatorade
    1 serving bcaas

post workout:
    20oz gatorade
    then
    10g creatine
    10g glutamine
    200mg ALA
    40-50g protein
    mix in shake

post workout meal:
    6-8oz meat
    10-14oz potatoes

before bed:
    3 scoops sytha 6
    2% milk
    2-3 tbls peanut butter

and also lift with great intensity do not worry about the weight. i train a lot of 15-25 yr old athletes and this usually does the trcik and they get strong as holy hell!
    this has me motivated, especially the breakfast part. out of curiousity, Do you mix the breakfast in a bowl & microwave ? i want to try that.