Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How do you breathe when weightlifting?

I didn't find any info on this on the site, but I was wondering, do most people just exhale on the push / pull and inhale on the downward? Kiknskreem seems to hold his breath through the deadlift and exhale on the way down in this video at 5:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u899wRnwqs

Today I found something worked really well, I took 2 deep breathes before the first rep, then inhale, then exhale about 25-50% into the rep, not right at the start. Anyone else do this? How do you breathe when weightlifting? Any good articles on breathing? I want to be a masterbreather.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Swerdz View Post
    I didn't find any info on this on the site, but I was wondering, do most people just exhale on the push / pull and inhale on the downward? Kiknskreem seems to hold his breath through the deadlift and exhale on the way down in this video at 5:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u899wRnwqs

Today I found something worked really well, I took 2 deep breathes before the first rep, then inhale, then exhale about 25-50% into the rep, not right at the start. Anyone else do this? How do you breathe when weightlifting? Any good articles on breathing? I want to be a masterbreather.
    With the exception of DL (during which I breathe similar to Kik), I'll breathe normally.

You can also potentially utilize the valsalva technique (search it).
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whatever works for you. Generally hold breath for an instant at the hardest part of the move then breath out. Just don't explode.

Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Registered User blazing_hellion's Avatar
    blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    iv found that i just breath how my body WANTS to breath depending on what im doing. for example fot squats i breath in a lot on the way down and our slow and hard on the way up. but for say, my weighted 1 arm pushup training, its super strained and some positions its easier to hold breath for half second(botom) and try to breath out with a lot of tension so my lungs are about half empty by the time im up. its just easier to let my body breath how it wants.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I valsalva it for the start and middle of every lift and Exhale through pursed lips through near the end of the concentric phase.