swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swedishpersian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hurt my shoulder during incline dumbbell bench press

I was doing 3 sets of 10 reps for the incline bench press (16 kg per hand) with dumbbells and on the last set i asked a guy to stop me since i knew i would barely make it. On the 5th rep I had no energy left and i lost all power and dropped the dumbbells, but before i dropped them i held on to them and my right arms twisted and i felt my shoulder click like never before, as if my shoulder dislocated and relocated again. It didn't hurt afterwards so i kept training other chest and triceps exercises that day. But today I feel a sort of tension( /slight pain) when I move my shoulder in certain positions.

How serious is this? Should I check it out? How long should i wait until i do exercises which put pressure on my shoulder?

Registered Cell-Tech User phillipsns's Avatar
    phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillipsns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by swedishpersian View Post
    I was doing 3 sets of 10 reps for the incline bench press (16 kg per hand) with dumbbells and on the last set i asked a guy to stop me since i knew i would barely make it. On the 5th rep I had no energy left and i lost all power and dropped the dumbbells, but before i dropped them i held on to them and my right arms twisted and i felt my shoulder click like never before, as if my shoulder dislocated and relocated again. It didn't hurt afterwards so i kept training other chest and triceps exercises that day. But today I feel a sort of tension( /slight pain) when I move my shoulder in certain positions.

How serious is this? Should I check it out? How long should i wait until i do exercises which put pressure on my shoulder?
    get it checked out, something similar happened to me and stop exercising til you get it checked out at least so it doesn't get messed up

live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) live4thapump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same thing happened to me. I went to the doctors and i was told that i strained a muscle in my rotator cuff. i couldnt do any pressing movements for a couple months. Idk how serious your case is though. Good Luck!
    I don't care if i die, as long as they have to bury me in a big ****ing box!

Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000) Scott. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ouch mate. Almost had the same problem with DB shoulder presses, one arm sort of lost control and I had to drop the DB, luckily it didnt bend my shoulder too much as I let go.. I wasn't even near failure just happened :\
    MAX: 230kgx5 squat
    140kgx5 bench

FUTURE POWERLIFTER CREW

Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same thing happened to me when I was a beginner, likewise to 3 other friends i've trained. For some reason the shoulder tends to give out without warning in the early states of dumbbells pressing.

Tlandon26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WEll pretty serious broseph! First of all no need to drop dumbells on the floor! not being a dick if your incline benching you can easily drop them on legs, of course flat side! its better and there no danger of doing anything to yourself, worse thing possible is setting them far up toward your knees and bruise em! So next time dont drop them its as easy as settin em on chest after fail and sitting up as the fall on thighs! no problem. But it is bad if you did pull or dislocate. wait about weeks before you hit it up again. depending on how serious it hurts if you feel you can lift start of light moderate intensity! do shoulder warmups everyday!