Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ezmac31 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by My_Friend View Post
    Firefighters are all heroes. Soldiers and cops are a mixed bag. Some of them are heroes, most are decent and some are the worst *******s that disgrace the surface of the earth.
    explain how this makes any sense??

arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arneeche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    being a cop, fireman, or soldier only gives you the opportunity to be a hero, its the persons choices and actions that make them a hero. That said I respect these people greatly if they are doing what they are suposed to do within the law
    grignasty:
    -sitting at the stage with stripper in front of me doggie style (she was on all fours ass facing me)
    -I got to tip her but with the dollar in a closed fist and end up punching her in her vagina
    -Stripper turns to my friend and says "Hey your friend is getting alittle rowdy, he just punch me in the twat"
    -I turn to the same friend and say "It gets what it deserves, I'm doing God's work"

GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GottaBeHUGE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree just because you wear a uniform doesn't make you a hero, I think those men and women deserve respect but some kid fresh from boot isn't a hero. Now a man who has killed and seen those killed around him is a hero IMO
    RaPe BAcK

Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Eh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Milkycocoa View Post
    For the sake of argument, every officer/firefighter has gone through schooling and training to get to wear their uniform and PROTECT every civilians. They put their life on the line every call they answer and try to diffuse every situation that could easily get out of control.

No it doesn't make them Hercules, but look at all the celebrities on wall street that everyone looks up to and respects. What do they do for anybody? NOTHING.

**** you probably have more respect for your favorite bodybuilder than you have for the people who keep the country a safe place for us to live.
    I know a lot of guys that became firefighters or want to, because they want to work only a few days a week, be able to say they're a firefighter, and to get a pension.

chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown_rydah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
    I work in IT. A server went down that put lives in a hospital at risk.

Luckily i got it back up before anyone died.

Am i a hero? Nope. Because im just the IT guy.

My job keeps people from dying on a regular basis.
    I would have never known this if I hadn't ventured into this thread. My IT guys on the internet brag about how they do nothing all day, and get paid to reboot a computer.
    Never Forget - 10/16/2009

Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    any1 out there nomatter what their occupation/ethnicity/race/kind/breed saves some1's life is considered a hero.

eg: cats and dogs have been called heroes for saving their owner's lives..

but, some will also argue if a cop prevents a crime then they are just doing their job because its their job description to prevent crime and same goes to a soldier and a firefighter putting out a fire, doctors performing life saving surgeries, EMS perfoming/acting quickly to save a life, A customs border guard, preventing criminals entering ur country, an nuclear/chemical engineer building a reactor so people can get electricity and heat during harsh winters, a teacher for saving your life and providing u the right education, so u dont end up on the street become a crac addict/stripper and die in a few yrs, the air bags setup in ur car that deployed on impact during accident and saved ur life.. list goes on.. any1 can be a hero at any time and in any form.
    Death Comes To Those Who Bow Down To Their Fears!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PSN/ps 4 : Jattfusion584
    # of REDS turned to GREEN = 122 and counting
    Official Bhangra Music thread = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=710828361
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jattfusion

Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by arneeche View Post
    being a cop, fireman, or soldier only gives you the opportunity to be a hero, its the persons choices and actions that make them a hero. That said I respect these people greatly if they are doing what they are suposed to do within the law
    i think opportunities to be a hero rise in everyday situations, the thing is that if somebody in a uniform acts on these they get praised for life. if an average civilian acts upon the heroic opportunity, he/she might see a week or too of being viewed as a hero.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think one category of people who deserve respect are soldiers, marines, arimen, seamen who have been deployed. Not necessarily heroes, but being deployed for a year+ in a warzone, sleeping in a tent, ****ting in a portapoty, showering once every 2-3 weeks. Getting shot at, blown up, mortarted, rocketed. I think people who've gone through that deserve respect for what they've experienced.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ok we're clearly getting off topic in this thread. i respect the sh*t out of any military personel, police officer and firefighters. this thread isn't about respect... its about how they're instantly viewed as heroes...

BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BBmisc420196 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IC. View Post
    Everyone from bus drivers, doctors and nurses (where I come from healthcare is a public service), judges to people cleaning the streets -and everyone in between- are performing a public service to society. Why are they not considered heroes?
    Many DO consider them heros.
    I think you're missing the fact that officers put their lives on the line more so than bus drivers. But doctors save lives as do nurses. I would say they are heros in my book.
    “The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.”
    ~Mikhail Bakunin

mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deXtrous View Post
    technically speaking they aren't heroes yet but they have a good oppourtunity to become one. I agree with you though, those who call them heroes are jumping the gun a bit!

To name this thread 'I'm tired of police, etc' you are setting yourself up for some angered people. I agree on the police, if they were heroes they sure don't act like it.

You and OP and everyone else knocking police officer's being called hero's seem to forget that when you asses are in trouble, they are the first you call. Maybe not every police officer has had an opportunity to perform some heroic act, but they are putting their lives on the line so you all can feel safe at night.

As far as firefighters go, I have previously worked pt as a police officer, I like my chances patrolling the streets then I do going into a burning building, no thank you , Im the guy running away from the fire, while the firefighters are running at it, those guys are also heros

Oh yeah and soldiers volunteer knowing that one day they maybe put in harm's way, not all may see warzone but everybody's job is important, they volunteer to potentially leave their children, wive's etc to protect our country, how can they not be heros
    Last edited by mdmass06; 01-21-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Native warrior on the streets and in the sheets.

Originally Posted by mdmass06 View Post
    You and OP and everyone else knocking police officer's being called hero's seem to forget that when you asses are in trouble, they are the first you call. Maybe not every police officer has had an opportunity to perform some heroic act, but they are putting their lives on the line so you all can feel safe at night.

As far as firefighters go, I have previously worked pt as a police officer, I like my chances patrolling the streets then I do going into a burning building, no thank you , Im the guy running away from the fire, while the firefighters are running at it, those guys are also heros
    When did I ever "knock" the police force? All I said is I'm tired of everyone viewing them as heroes just because of the uniform. Is their job dangerous? Absolutely. I respect that. Does that mean everyone of them are heroes? No, it doesn't.

Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Snakethejake83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A hero is not a profession.

This thread is definitely a testament of our generation though. Fifty years ago EVERYBODY served somehow/someway. Our generation now is more concerned about what the **** the paparrazi are doing, or their looks. Now we talk about how people are "tired" of professions where it requires being put in harms way as not being heroic. Next thing you know, we are going to have a thread that says they are not "honorable" professions.

The vast majority of you guys are going to be blink, and you will be 75 years old. What are you going to be able to tell your grandkids you did? What is your legacy?
    ★cVc★
    *Texas Crew*

Originally Posted by Snakethejake83 View Post
    A hero is not a profession.

This thread is definitely a testament of our generation though. Fifty years ago EVERYBODY served somehow/someway. Our generation now is more concerned about what the **** the paparrazi are doing, or their looks. Now we talk about how people are "tired" of professions where it requires being put in harms way as not being heroic. Next thing you know, we are going to have a thread that says they are not "honorable" professions.

The vast majority of you guys are going to be blink, and you will be 75 years old. What are you going to be able to tell your grandkids you did? What is your legacy?
    Society basically crams this crap down your throat. I do this dumb little thing called 'thinking' when I have a problem with something. Sorry if that offends you. I really don't care. Like stated, I show nothing but respect for these professions, but to instantly label them as heroes is bullsh*t.

Middle-Aged Computer Nerd SpiderJerusalem's Avatar
    SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpiderJerusalem will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People should be judged by their actions, not by their job title.

/thread
    Using:

Scivation XTEND, 4 scoops (pre/during workout);

-----------------------------------------------------

"Never underestimate the willingness of human beings to sink to their basest impulses."

The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000) The Philosopher is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with OP.

High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP I will side with you. I have always thought this and have been bashed many times. Rep
    WW...........WW I S C O N S I N
    WW...WW...WW I S C O N S I N
    WWW......WWW I S C O N S I N

my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000) my_name_is_bob is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP has balls. Good job dave man.

macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) macmoney is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    back in the 50's Id prob. agree OP

but since there are so many ****ed up people in this world ima disagree hardcore

High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) High_Endurance has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by my_name_is_bob View Post
    OP has balls. Good job dave man.
    OP presented the topic in a mature way.
    WW...WW...WW I S C O N S I N
    WWW......WWW I S C O N S I N

Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Thread Bomber has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've lost alot of respect for cops. Around here people selling drugs so openly, brake ins etc.. and all they do is hide and pull over everyone for tinted windows, stopsign, brakelights, lowered vehicle, loud exhaust you name it. I have no problem if your a speeder or wreakless driver and you get pulled over, because you deserved it. But when there are alot more serious crimes being committed, and all you can do is hide and give out tickets just enrages me.

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agree. repped
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000) QB_Killa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I agree, some can be called heroes because of their actions but I personally know soldiers who are far from heroes and also know soldiers who are awesome. Imo it takes more than a job title to make someone a hero

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ultra_Magnus View Post
    I work in IT. A server went down that put lives in a hospital at risk.

Luckily i got it back up before anyone died.

Am i a hero? Nope. Because im just the IT guy.

My job keeps people from dying on a regular basis.
    if you were a good IT guy you would have had some redundancy in place. fail, but i agree with your point.

TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why does calling them heros offend you? Let them have their moment in the sun for the hell they've gone through.

CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CEO10Kumad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Houston_ View Post
    Automatically being labelled as heroes. Keep in mind that I show nothing but respect for these professions but I feel it's a bit unnecessary to label every last one of them as a hero.

Serious thread is very serious

Once again, in b4 I get negged
    They FIGHT and DIE for your freedoms you ungreatful piece of sh!t

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea you are going a bit counterculture with your comments but our society regards those jobs more because they have high risk...to the point of risking your own welfare...and low reward. They generally aren't paid a large salary.

I know what you mean tho. I was in ROTC in college and went to a store in my uniform. Some woman came up to me hugged me and said 'Thank You'. At least it made her feel good.

I almost joined the military and some of the guys I know appeared to be a bit amoral or joining for a selfish cause.

Then again I learned of extremely heroic acts done by our servicemen and am aware of what they sacrifice on a daily basis. Many of my friends joined the military so I generally hold most of the system in high regard but yes I'm critical of much of it.

Firefighters and cops I generally respect. Haven't had much problem with cops. Some are dicks sure. I have ppl in my fam that were / are cops or military tho.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BBmisc420196 View Post
    Many DO consider them heros.
    I think you're missing the fact that officers put their lives on the line more so than bus drivers. But doctors save lives as do nurses. I would say they are heros in my book.
    If it werent for farmers, you would be starving. Why arent they heroes?

If it werent for teachers, you would be an uneducated peasant. Why arent they heroes?

If it werent for construction workers, you would have no place to live. Why arent they heroes.

Extreme sports enthusiasts put their lives on the line all the time. Why arent they heroes?

Originally Posted by TheLasher View Post
    Why does calling them heros offend you? Let them have their moment in the sun for the hell they've gone through.
    what hell is this you speak of and what entitles anyone who puts on a uniform to a moment in the sun?

using the term hero so broadly devalues it for when its use is warranted.

Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000) Jesterclause is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let me just clear something up for the people that obviously don't know.

Soldier=/=Marine, Airman, seaman, etc.

Soldier=Army personel

Military=All branches

kthnxbye
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.

Former Jarhead for Uncle Sam (SGT). 8th Marine Regiment. ★cVc★
    Currently working with MARSOC. PM me for Spec Ops info.

I Rep Back Everyone! PM me if I don't get you back!