Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Milkycocoa View Post
    I don't know how you can say an officer won't make a criminal think twice. Every officer has a bullet proof vest / trained well with guns / radio for backup(which includes several other well trained officers + hounds). Yeah a gang will sit there and laugh about being scared of the police, but that just because they are actually that ignorant to how much the police control them.

Guarantee if it came down to the police vs. the gang the streets would be filled with dead gangsters.
    cops aren't as well trained as you think they are
    weapons training is very basic unless you put in the extra time for advance training
    radio backup- by the time they arrive the crime will already have been committed

lulz, I think i have more weapons and hand 2 hand combat training than they do

now S.W.A.T on the other hand, those ****ers scare the **** out of me (maybe it's cuz of the balaclava i dunno)

and i wouldn't be sure about your guarantee brah, you underestimate the size and power of gangs and the weapons they have. Some have military **** the Police don't even have

Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000) Liff_Wates is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by n1e View Post
    cops aren't as well trained as you think they are
    weapons training is very basic unless you put in the extra time for advance training
    radio backup- by the time they arrive the crime will already have been committed

lulz, I think i have more weapons and hand 2 hand combat training than they do

now S.W.A.T on the other hand, those ****ers scare the **** out of me (maybe it's cuz of the balaclava i dunno)

and i wouldn't be sure about your guarantee brah, you underestimate the size and power of gangs and the weapons they have. Some have military **** the Police don't even have
    My cop friends have horror stories about people they work with. One officer in my friend's detachment needed EIGHT tries to pass the accuracy test that permitted her to carry a handgun. Think he wants to have to depend on her in the field?

Another guy died or killed someone in nearly every practice scenario they did at police college. In a highway stop scenario he failed to notice that the guy had a handgun on the dashboard. He still passed.
    Candy is dandy but I like liquor way better

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't regard my bro who works in the Police as a hero... he's just a regular guy doing his job. He tells me all the stuff he gets up to... he certainly ain't ever done enything heroic.

If you people want heros, try looking at the people who give up their own free time to volunteer, people who look after the elderly, cancer patients, burns victims, charity workers... heroism is (partly) defined as a "selfless act", these people are completely selfless, wanting nothing for themselves othr than to help those less fortunate than themselves.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

It's going to be biblical Wesley Berry's Avatar
    Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wesley Berry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post
    I don't regard my bro who works in the Police as a hero... he's just a regular guy doing his job. He tells me all the stuff he gets up to... he certainly ain't ever done enything heroic.

If you people want heros, try looking at the people who give up their own free time to volunteer, people who look after the elderly, cancer patients, burns victims, charity workers... heroism is (partly) defined as a "selfless act", these people are completely selfless, wanting nothing for themselves othr than to help those less fortunate than themselves.
    This hit the nail on the head.

n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n1e has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by debrovnik View Post

i agree totally

why is a LEO being held in such high regards as opposed to any other public service profession

that's their JOB, they are PAID to do what they do just like any other job

and as I stated before a LEO's primary duty is not to protect and serve you as you may naively believe, it is to uphold the law, issue citations and arrest people

StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500) StreetWise is not very helpful. (-500)
    I judge them on their intentions

A firefighter thats a great guy and does the job because he wants to help save lives= Hero automatically

A soldier fighting or a police officer patrolling for my country because he believes in protecting the citizens of this nation= HERO

Some of these guys just do it for a paycheck and have no interest in helping other people. They arent heroes to me...they just deserve respect.

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wesley Berry View Post
    This hit the nail on the head.
    i agree totally

why is a LEO being held in such high regards as opposed to any other public service profession

and as I stated before a LEO's primary duty is not to protect and serve you as you may naively believe, it is to uphold the law, issue citations and arrest people
    Thanks guys.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Firefighters yeah, soldiers maybe, traffic cops **** NO

fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fukc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BBmisc420196 View Post
    Hero till proven otherwise, sorry brah. Its a public service to society. So most consider them heros unless they do something to otherwise show they are not.
    I agree with this. Because some people aren't, but most are. They are just people who decided to do something to help other people with their lives.

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000) MHannibal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dont look at them as heroes , but i do have respect for them. Ofc this can quickly change once i encounter them as your job title doesn't define whether you are of heroic quality or not.
    Exadata DBA

frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50) frog-tech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, how about the policemen/firefighters involved in 9/11

are they heroes or not? or were they just doing their job?

JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoshSP1985 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BBmisc420196 View Post
    Hero till proven otherwise, sorry brah. Its a public service to society. So most consider them heros unless they do something to otherwise show they are not.
    The trash man is doing a public service to society is he a hero? That argument holds no water.

I share the same opinions as the OP I feel like everyone regardless of occupation has the potential to do something heroic and thus be labeled a hero but you're not automatically a hero because you're a LEO/Firefighter or in the armed forces.
    *PUREBLOOD CREW*
    *DAD CREW*
    *SUPER STRAIGHT*
    *NATURAL DICK CREW*
    *CCW*

NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The ****ing pizza delivery guy is my hero when he brings me a free pizza while sitting on CQ...

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Houston_ View Post
    Automatically being labelled as heroes. Keep in mind that I show nothing but respect for these professions but I feel it's a bit unnecessary to label every last one of them as a hero.

Serious thread is very serious

Once again, in b4 I get negged
    I believe I understand where you are coming from, and in some ways you are correct - Not every Police officer, Fireman, or Military member is a hero. Many are, but not all. They have, however, willingly chosen careers that puts them into harms way in order to better protect American citizens. That - Their selflessness and desire to put others first, while not making them heroes, makes them admirable and different from the general populace.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NKWulf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ryan_Cunningham View Post
    I believe I understand where you are coming from, and in some ways you are correct - Not every Police officer, Fireman, or Military member is a hero. Many are, but not all. They have, however, willingly chosen careers that puts them into harms way in order to better protect American citizens. That - Their selflessness and desire to put others first, while not making them heroes, makes them admirable and different from the general populace.
    Sir, while for many that is true, but I am sure you have met some lower then scum during your career, that by all standards that should wear the uniform. I have met a few that didnt care about the military or the service and did it just for a pay check...they are the ones tha always find ways to get out the deployments, etc...

inhaling my vapours INSANEREACH's Avatar
    INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) INSANEREACH is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Soldiers, policemen, paramedics etc go into those professions as human beings and they remain so ,with all the same faults and positives as we all have. They are not superhuman, or automatically heroic but should be commended for their public service. However, in these kinds of jobs, it is more possible for someone to commit a heroic act just like it can bring the worst out in people.

To be honest, I really wish in this celebrity obsessed climate we took more notice of the selfless acts men and women in these professions do than and considered them heroes, rather than the fake plastic heros's who seem to get more attention today.

E'g lcpl Beharry vs Kate Moss for instance. Thats why I admire David Beckham, when he met some British soldiers, he said people call me a hero, these lads are the real ones. Mike Tyson, a man who has strong links with the British army is another one who is real about it, giving one of his belts to a wounded British solidier.
    I bang trannies.

calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) calbaisey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by test808 View Post
    hes right.. a profession is just a profession.. your actions make you a hero
    exactly, a person could be a former drug dealer then reform himself and save lot of people from gang life or whatever, and you can have cops who are corrupt. Automatically respecting them based on their professions (or former professions) would have people looking unfavorably at the ex-dealer but considering the cop a hero without knowing anything about him. I know several douchebags who want to be cops, proper losers who ain't ****, i will never see them as a hero because I know what they are like. Yet I read of heroic actions some cops take, and these guys deserve the upmost respect. It is dumb to think you should respect someone just because of their profession. Real talk.

Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ryan_Cunningham has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NKWulf View Post
    Sir, while for many that is true, but I am sure you have met some lower then scum during your career, that by all standards that should wear the uniform. I have met a few that didnt care about the military or the service and did it just for a pay check...they are the ones tha always find ways to get out the deployments, etc...
    You'll find people like that in every facet of society. I do honestly feel that there is a smaller percentage of them serving in the military than you'd find elsewhere.
    USMC Naval Aviator - F/A-18 Hornets

"At rotation we spontaneously become heart-breakers and life-takers."

Dodge Viper SRT-10

"You're among Spartans now, so stand up and try not to say anything stupid."

>>>--GO-NOLES--;;->

░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000)
    i know a few soliders. they are marines, but im generalizing soliders and theres 2 types imo.

type 1- joined to protect this country even with a good career ahead. doesnt brag and doesnt take advantage of the perks of being in the armed forces.

type 2- joined because there was nothing else to do. brags all day about being a solider and makes other "real" soliders look bad. joined to kill some arabs and shoot guns. joined to sit around and drink when theres no action.

joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000) joen270 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I respect all good people. To be a hero, you have to earn it. Graduating boot camp or completing training does not make you a hero. I know (at least a handful) of people who have served their 4 years plus 2 years inactive and never did one thing that was risky to their lives or well being. I can respect them with no problem at all but I would never consider them a hero
    Some call it obsession, I call it dedication

We are all made of stars. Episoad's Avatar
    Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500) Episoad is not very helpful. (-500)
    Sorry but anyone who puts on the uniform is a hero to me. When they do heroic things, that just proves it.
    In Flames We Trust

\      ☆                 /
                 |     ☆     ヾ´⌒ ⌒ヽ
             (⌒ ⌒ヽ   /       (´ ⌒ ⌒  ヾ     ☆
       \  (´⌒  ⌒  ⌒ヾ ⌒::  ⌒ヽ ::´   ´  :   ⌒) /
    ☆─   ('⌒ ; ⌒ ::⌒   B O O M   ⌒ ;: ⌒  ⌒)     ─☆

Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by frog-tech View Post
    OP, how about the policemen/firefighters involved in 9/11

are they heroes or not? or were they just doing their job?
    Many of them did heroic deeds in the midst of disaster, so yes, they are heroes.

tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im a fire fighter. I aint no hero..................

just sayin....

winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100) winallday is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Houston_ View Post
    Automatically being labelled as heroes. Keep in mind that I show nothing but respect for these professions but I feel it's a bit unnecessary to label every last one of them as a hero.

Serious thread is very serious

Once again, in b4 I get negged
    repped

Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Montre is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by test808 View Post
    hes right.. a profession is just a profession.. your actions make you a hero
    So what part of running into burning buildings and saving lives doesn't make them heroes?

What part of performing dangerous water SAR missions doesn't make firefighters heroes?

Cops I can agree with, they're typically prevantative and apparently dbags (although I've never had a problem with them because I don't act like a twat when I get pulled over for speeding).

What constitutes a hero? Anyone who does what a firefighter has done at least ONCE in his life is hailed a hero, what sets them apart?

Most firefighters won't call themselves hero, but what greater deed can you do than risking your life daily to save that of another? Is there a more righteous act?

Operation discovery Amsterdammerr's Avatar
    Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lmao in b4 some douchebag post this link in the militairy/police thread and they call a lame ass neg train hahaha
    Depressed Amsterdammerr is depressed :<
    Reps on sight: SteinIdar
    -MMC-

Operation discovery Amsterdammerr's Avatar
    Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000) Amsterdammerr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i agree totally

Leo are hated a ****ton here, because they have this qouta where they are OBLIGATED to write out 400 tickets per cop a year...lmao

Fuk em
    Depressed Amsterdammerr is depressed :<
    Reps on sight: SteinIdar
    -MMC-

helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) helomofo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes they are not automatically heros they are just doing a job.

Edit: police suk penor

eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eta510 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wish I could rep you brah. I'm going into the fire service, don't consider myself a hero. Just because you have a label attached to your name doesn't automatically make you a hero. There are tons of guys in these professions who don't appreciate the job they have, tons of 'em who, apart from the job(some even on the job), aren't "good" people. IMO the heroes are the guys and gals that don't get to come home.

Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Houston_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Amsterdammerr View Post
    Lmao in b4 some douchebag post this link in the militairy/police thread and they call a lame ass neg train hahaha
    Sad thing is, I have nothing but respect for these professions...