So, I've been hovering around the boards for months now. I've asked some questions, taking some advice to a point but hoenstly I;ve been stubborn.
I need only to lose about 10lb (body recomp really) - i'm 22yo, 125lb, about 23-4%bf. basically want to lose inches and lower BF.
people have told me to:
- drop down to two 20 min sessions of HIIT per week
- increase calories from where they are (1500-1600/day)
- lift heavy weights (including legs, which i'm scared of!) 4 x week
So, my new plan is this.
- Up calories by 100/week. ie beginning next week i'll eat steadily 1600 (have been closer to 1500 last couple months). then week after that, 1700 etc. hoping to NOT see any weight gain but see the inches go. If i put on weight, will lower by 100 and wait until that weight goes again, then try upping again. people have suggested this is the way to go
- train hard with a Lower, Upper, Cardio, Lower, Upper, Cardio 6 day week. (still not sure about sets and reps though - any suggestions?)
- stop being so stubborn and take the advice of the good people on here!
Any thoughts? should i stick with the 45-35-20 p-f-c ratio i do now?
THANKS, and apologies its taken me so long to take your kind advice. i'm on my way!
EDIT: at the moment, my workout plan per week is
3 days of circuit weights (medium weight) with skipping in between