Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NO longer sore after GYM.

When I started going to the gym my body was sore for the next day or so.

After a while now of going to the gym I dont seem to get sore. I lift until failure but just dont seem to feel the soreness in any of my mussels like when I first went.

is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Talorant View Post

After a while now of going to the gym I dont seem to get sore. I lift until failure but just dont seem to feel the soreness in any of my mussels like when I first went.

It's normal.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itstheteam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    congrats

Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Talorant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you th3pwn3r,

If i had any rep power I would rep you.. Will have to wait till later.

stephen4036 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wish I wasn't sore.. I just started to work out so I hope I will be able to acheive the results you have.

Originally Posted by stephen4036 View Post
    I wish I wasn't sore.. I just started to work out so I hope I will be able to acheive the results you have.
    I might sound crazy but I somewhat miss being sore. That feeling would last up to 3 days later when I first started and it made me feel like I was really pushing myself.

Before I was only going to the gym once a week. After reading through some of the posts here I copied the routine from Wave_lengths post.

This is the first week so far and its feeling good. Some of the stuff I don't feel confident in doing without a spotter but luckily for me, my gym has machines that work the same mussel group.

I don't feel like I have any right to give any advise since I'm only still starting but just stick with it and you will see results even if they are small.

Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You doing the same exact exercises? Trying doing different forms/variations and it will hit a different angle or part of the muscle....

-lez

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess I must be doing something wrong as I still get sore after working out and it has been 14 months of 4-5 days per week lifting.

Did legs yesterday and I'm feeling it today...tomorrow will probably be worse. But my squat workout yesterday was... 225x12, 225x10, 225x10, 275x10, 275x10, 295x7, 315x7 then moved on to hack squats.....then calves.

14 months ago I couldn't have done one set of 225. If I'm not sore for a couple days, I figure my workout wasn't challenging enough.

WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarHawk109 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like being sore after a work out, feels like progress!

GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GShonen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Me too. I feel uncomfortable if my body wasn't sore 1-2 days after workout. Felt like I was not doing it hard enough.

I agree about feeling sore feels great etc.

I must not be going heavy enough. Did some seating lateral DB presses today with 17.5kg (38lbs) in the 3rd set I was unable to push any harder and almost had my arm fail on me..

its been about 6 hours now and my arms are not sore at all.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree about feeling sore feels great etc.

I must not be going heavy enough. Did some seating lateral DB presses today with 17.5kg (38lbs) in the 3rd set I was unable to push any harder and almost had my arm fail on me..

its been about 6 hours now and my arms are not sore at all.
    There are some exercises that you really don't want to go to failure due to risk of injury and lateral DB presses are probably one of them. You really need a spotter to help you push out a couple extras and ensure you don't hurt yourself.

To make any kind of evaluation, we'd really need to see your entire workout plan....

What is your chest workout? Maybe it is time to change things up....

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on the body part for me.

My triceps, chest, and most of my back I can usually get a nice but non-debilitating type of residual muscle soreness than actually makes me feel good. Particularly when I switch things up.

My legs, no matter how religious I've been about squatting, auxiliary exercises, and even running/all-out sprinting, will ALWAYS get good and sore after a decent workout. It's particularly bad the second day after leg day, when ascending stairs - I will typically run up the stairs when my legs are really sore just to minimize the duration of the pain. People are often wondering why I'm in a hurry.

Even if I kill my biceps at the gym to the point of failure and well beyond, there is no lasting soreness. I switch exercises, weights, and reps to no avail. But they also don't want to grow for me, either. My shoulders only seem to get sore in the joints, which is annoying - I rarely get the good-feeling, lasting muscle soreness.

MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrDURPEEDURP is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    I guess I must be doing something wrong as I still get sore after working out and it has been 14 months of 4-5 days per week lifting.

Did legs yesterday and I'm feeling it today...tomorrow will probably be worse. But my squat workout yesterday was... 225x12, 225x10, 225x10, 275x10, 275x10, 295x7, 315x7 then moved on to hack squats.....then calves.

14 months ago I couldn't have done one set of 225. If I'm not sore for a couple days, I figure my workout wasn't challenging enough.

Because you're actually tearing your muscles for strength building while OP is endurance lifting.

That's a gnarly super set brah, what you max squats?

Being sore means you're training the right way
    >>Member of the "I lost 100lbs Club" !<< :D

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    There are some exercises that you really don't want to go to failure due to risk of injury and lateral DB presses are probably one of them. You really need a spotter to help you push out a couple extras and ensure you don't hurt yourself.

To make any kind of evaluation, we'd really need to see your entire workout plan....

What is your chest workout? Maybe it is time to change things up....
    I have fairly much just done a copy paste of Wave_length's guide. Unfortunately I cant link it due to not having enough posts so I will just paste it here.

3 x Chest: BB Presses, DB Incline Presses, Dips
    2 x Shoulders: DB presses, Seated Rear Lateral DB Raises

I have used machines where I can as I dont have a spotter but I like to try different things, that's why I tired the BD today.
    Last edited by Talorant; 01-20-2010 at 12:20 AM.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP View Post
    Being sore means you're training the right way
    Not always. It can mean you're not recovering well, not eating enough protein, etc.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post

My triceps, chest, and most of my back I can usually get a nice but non-debilitating type of residual muscle soreness than actually makes me feel good. Particularly when I switch things up.

My legs, no matter how religious I've been about squatting, auxiliary exercises, and even running/all-out sprinting, will ALWAYS get good and sore after a decent workout. It's particularly bad the second day after leg day, when ascending stairs - I will typically run up the stairs when my legs are really sore just to minimize the duration of the pain. People are often wondering why I'm in a hurry.

Even if I kill my biceps at the gym to the point of failure and well beyond, there is no lasting soreness. I switch exercises, weights, and reps to no avail. But they also don't want to grow for me, either. My shoulders only seem to get sore in the joints, which is annoying - I rarely get the good-feeling, lasting muscle soreness.
    This whole post is true for me!
    Aug 1 - Nov 1 Comp:
    8-1: 255.8 | 8-8: 253.2 | 8-15: xxx.x | 8-22: xxx.x | 8-29: xxx.x | Month Total:
    9-5: xxx.x | 9-12: xxx.x | 9-19: xxx.x | 9-26: xxx.x | Month Total:
    10-3: xxx.x | 10-10: xxx.x | 10-17: xxx.x | 10-24: xxx.x | 10-31 xxx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 11-1: (Goal: 220 lbs) Haven't seen under 210lbs in 8 years...I'll be there by the end of 2011 =)

My BB.com log - http://tinyurl.com/platedlog

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I absolutly love the soreness lol makes me feel accomplished for the day. If I wake up n dnt feel sore I do a different routine and work at it hard so I still get that feeling. I'm gettin decent results and losing fat. So that's all that matters
    You start with an intention, but you must constantly remind yourself to keep applying enough focus to achieve that outcome. Follow through. When you've given enough attention to the matter, you"ll have the result...

Feb1 to may1 challenge
    2-1, 166.6
    2-8
    2-15
    2-22
    2-29
    Month Total:

3-1
    3-8
    3-15
    3-22
    3-29
    Month Total:

4-5
    4-12
    4-19
    4-26
    Month Total:

Final Weigh in:
    5-3

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you guys like soreness so much go run 20+ miles or spend a few hours squatting heavy weights . When your feet and legs no longer work, have fun on the crawl back home
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No no not that kind of pain just that day after burn that hurts but feels good just give u the motivation to keep goin bc you kno your getting results
    You start with an intention, but you must constantly remind yourself to keep applying enough focus to achieve that outcome. Follow through. When you've given enough attention to the matter, you"ll have the result...

Feb1 to may1 challenge
    2-1, 166.6
    2-8
    2-15
    2-22
    2-29
    Month Total:

3-1
    3-8
    3-15
    3-22
    3-29
    Month Total:

4-5
    4-12
    4-19
    4-26
    Month Total:

Final Weigh in:
    5-3

Originally Posted by kikinz24 View Post
    No no not that kind of pain just that day after burn that hurts but feels good just give u the motivation to keep goin bc you kno your getting results
    Just because you get sore doesn't mean you're getting results haha.

mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I started out, I was insanely sore after the first couple workouts. In fact, I was only able to do legs once a week. After a while, I stopped being sore pretty much altogether. But over the last couple weeks, I'm suddenly getting sore for several days after a workout for some reason. I'm actually worried about my workout tonight, because my legs are quite sore. When I woke up yesterday, it felt like I'd been hit by a truck.

bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000) bfactor is just really nice. (+1000)
    The legs were the worst as I was starting out. For about 5 days it was a complete struggle, almost dangerous, to simply walk down steps. Going up steps was fine. Sitting down/standing up was brutal. Delayed onset muscle soreness can be brutal for beginners.

Now I can feel it a bit for ~36-48 hrs after a good workout, but it's not so bad that it affects how I go about my everyday tasks. As others have said, it's nice to have a slight reminder that you've done some real work.

Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post

This is the same for me. yesterday was legs and shoulders day. My shoulders are not sore but my legs are and i'm sure I pushed myself hard with shoulders.

zade1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As nobody else has mentioned it, it may be a good idea to check your form. Its all good and well saying "i'm going to failure" but are you getting there with strict form?

We have all been there and done it when we first started " ok i did 10kg last time i'll do 15kg this time" and yes you can do it but 50% of the time your lifting heavier and sacrificing form.

you wont be getting the same work out if your bringing into use too many secondary muscle groups and hence you wont get the same kind of burn and ache in the days after.

i see it most days i go to the gym,

I don't curl heavy but I curl correctly slow up pause slow down, Yet every time there will be some skinny new kid with more weight that me swinging wildly dipping his back over and over again then looking pleased with himself when he has done 8 curls.

I only increase when i can lift X amount of weight for X amount of reps with correct form,

So like i say check your form and be brutally honest with yourself as no one else will and there is no point putting all that effort in to cheat.

kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingofswing01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's normal DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) subsides with time. Check out foam rolling (myofascial release) to really feel great
    "Bad soft tissue work is like bad sex. Most of the time it is still pretty good." M. Boyle

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zade1975 View Post
    As nobody else has mentioned it, it may be a good idea to check your form. Its all good and well saying "i'm going to failure" but are you getting there with strict form?

We have all been there and done it when we first started " ok i did 10kg last time i'll do 15kg this time" and yes you can do it but 50% of the time your lifting heavier and sacrificing form.

you wont be getting the same work out if your bringing into use too many secondary muscle groups and hence you wont get the same kind of burn and ache in the days after.

i see it most days i go to the gym,

I don't curl heavy but I curl correctly slow up pause slow down, Yet every time there will be some skinny new kid with more weight that me swinging wildly dipping his back over and over again then looking pleased with himself when he has done 8 curls.

I only increase when i can lift X amount of weight for X amount of reps with correct form,

So like i say check your form and be brutally honest with yourself as no one else will and there is no point putting all that effort in to cheat.
    Absolutely true. I see people cheating in their workouts[note: usually i don't like to watch people doin their stuff around, that's kind of silly, but sometimes it's just funny], having a bad form, not a strict one, but has still the fact i, myself, do somethings wrong sometimes, but i am always worried about my form and the risk of serious injury.

I think you may be correct. It was the first time doing lateral seated DB presses and all I had to go on was some youtube vid. I most likely was using the wrong form. A lot of the other exercises I do use the machines and go as heavy as I can for 8-12reps.

But yeah I did feel a bit silly when doing the DB presses as i had no clue if it was correct.

Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cachexic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should not be getting as sore as when you first lifted, but if you're feeling no soreness then you are either:

A. Not working out at a high enough intensity or with good enough form.
    B. Strength training too often. Take longer rest periods between workouts and you'll get more sore. Some guys work out with weights 5-7 days in a row and that is why they no longer get sore.