Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodyweight --> Weights

Alright so I've been looking around here for a while and decided to join and I wanted to ask you guys if it would be a good idea if I switched workout programs for a few weeks. I'm currently doing Stew Smith's Navy SEAL workout (12-week program), and it's all-bodyweight movements and a lot of cardio but no weights. I'm on Week 6 of 12 total, and I wanted to switch to a weight-training program for about 3 weeks because I feel like I'm losing some of my strength...would I be able to come back and resume Week 7 if I go out of my way to take 3 weeks off for weights? Anybody done this before and had any good/bad experiences? Thanks for any advice!

overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Ready_4_BUD-S View Post
    Alright so I've been looking around here for a while and decided to join and I wanted to ask you guys if it would be a good idea if I switched workout programs for a few weeks. I'm currently doing Stew Smith's Navy SEAL workout (12-week program), and it's all-bodyweight movements and a lot of cardio but no weights. I'm on Week 6 of 12 total, and I wanted to switch to a weight-training program for about 3 weeks because I feel like I'm losing some of my strength...would I be able to come back and resume Week 7 if I go out of my way to take 3 weeks off for weights? Anybody done this before and had any good/bad experiences? Thanks for any advice!
    Not really the same thing, but I did cross country before I lifted in the winter. Before lifting, I could run a mile in less than 5:30 and run 3 miles easily under 20 minutes. Now, I can barely run a 7 minute mile, lol

but I look a helluva lot better..

edit: you're training for bud/s? good luck with that man, heard that ****'s mighty tough

Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ready_4_BUD-S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha yea that's what I was thinking would happen...I want to put on some more muscle and get stronger but not at the cost of losing endurance or putting on excess fat. Eh, I guess I'll try it and see what happens.

And yea, I'm hoping to go to BUD/S and become a Navy SEAL after I graduate in 2012. And that's the exact reason I'm doing it besides wanting to become a soldier; I hear it's pretty hardcore lol.
    Psalm 18:32; "God arms me with strength, and makes my way clear. He makes me as sure-footed as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle, he strengthens my arm so I may draw a bronze bow."

kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kevinYu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Ready_4_BUD-S View Post
    haha yea that's what I was thinking would happen...I want to put on some more muscle and get stronger but not at the cost of losing endurance or putting on excess fat. Eh, I guess I'll try it and see what happens.

And yea, I'm hoping to go to BUD/S and become a Navy SEAL after I graduate in 2012. And that's the exact reason I'm doing it besides wanting to become a soldier; I hear it's pretty hardcore lol.
    cousin told me becoming a navy seal is mostly mental power.
    and of testing your physical side

^ that's what I've heard. supposedly 90% mental and 10% physical. I've always loved saying to myself "I bet you can't do just one more rep" or "I bet you can't do this sprint faster", stuff like that so I hope I'll do O.K. on the mental part.
    Psalm 18:32; "God arms me with strength, and makes my way clear. He makes me as sure-footed as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights. He trains my hands for battle, he strengthens my arm so I may draw a bronze bow."