Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Air Force recruiter will not call me back.. need advice

I have given my recruiter all of the paperwork that he needed to get the ball rolling on sending me to take my ASVAB at the end of November. Every week I have called to check in with him to find out the status of things and he kept putting me off until finaly he told me that it would be until after the first of the year before he could do anything with me and here I am Jan 19th and he still hasnt called.. what can i do to get the ball rolling?

Just an FYI i have to get 4 waivers for a traffic ticket 2 years ago, i got arrested for petty larceny right after i turned 18, lasik eye surgery (eye doc wrote a release letter) and a broekn hip injury from when I was 14 (doc wrote a release for that too)

Stats: 5'8", 180 lbs
    rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit rsemans's BodySpace
    The waivers are probably why. My recruiters don't mess with a lot of people when they have a lot of issues such as your case. Get your documents back and talk to a different recruiter and find one that will work with you.
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    NRA & GOA Member

The Gangsta of Flip Cup ShadowsDeed's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 258 lbs
    ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ShadowsDeed has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ShadowsDeed's BodySpace
    go visit him in person shows that you want it.

but yeah brah it's prolly your waivers,
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

MISC CIGAR CREW

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

Back to the heavy weights ChrisW16's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 170 lbs
    ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit ChrisW16's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by rsemans View Post
    The waivers are probably why. My recruiters don't mess with a lot of people when they have a lot of issues such as your case. Get your documents back and talk to a different recruiter and find one that will work with you.
    The recruiter has to let him go, he can't leave.

OP, a call can be ignored. A physical showing up cant. Show up and see whats up. BTW, I hope you know you have to be at Lackland by you're 27th b-day so sooner the better.
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703653

Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ohmyneck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With 4 waivers i thought i couldnt get into the airforce but he said I could it would just be harder. I wouldnt think he would waste my time and have me keep calling but could i just ask him for everything back and go see someone else? I don't want to piss them off and then I cant get into the airforce. I have a job at the local AFB I'm shooting for

Stats: 5'11", 200 lbs
    BodyPoints: 671
    neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) neowolfe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit neowolfe's BodySpace
    join the army and be a real man. they'll take you, as long as you dont bitch out

Originally Posted by ChrisW16 View Post
    The recruiter has to let him go, he can't leave.

OP, a call can be ignored. A physical showing up cant. Show up and see whats up.
    He's by appointment only but yet when I leave him a voicemail he will never return it to make an appointment

rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rsemans has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by Ohmyneck View Post
    With 4 waivers i thought i couldnt get into the airforce but he said I could it would just be harder. I wouldnt think he would waste my time and have me keep calling but could i just ask him for everything back and go see someone else? I don't want to piss them off and then I cant get into the airforce. I have a job at the local AFB I'm shooting for
    You gotta understand the economy is in the ****ter and everyone and their mom wants to join the military at the moment. The standards are therefore much higher now than they were 18+ months ago. I've seen plenty of people disqualified over dumb **** since I've been in DEP, and 4 waivers + a criminal charge of stealing def does not help your case. As everyone has said, see the guy in person and bug him until you get something.
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    NRA & GOA Member

Originally Posted by neowolfe View Post
    join the army and be a real man. they'll take you, as long as you dont bitch out
    I would in a heartbeat if they would do an intership with the Tinker AFB after tech school. After tech school for metal technology in the AF they do a year internship with the AFB so basically if i wasnt a F up i could have a job after my intern

ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChrisW16 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by neowolfe View Post
    LOL

He's by appointment only but yet when I leave him a voicemail he will never return it to make an appointment
    BS. Walk in there and see what's going on.

I would in a heartbeat if they would do an intership with the Tinker AFB after tech school. After tech school for metal technology in the AF they do a year internship with the AFB so basically if i wasnt a F up i could have a job after my intern
    Whoa...wait a minute. How can you say this intern **** when you haven't even qualified for the job?
    Last edited by ChrisW16; 01-19-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal

You gotta understand the economy is in the ****ter and everyone and their mom wants to join the military at the moment. The standards are therefore much higher now than they were 18+ months ago. I've seen plenty of people disqualified over dumb **** since I've been in DEP, and 4 waivers + a criminal charge of stealing def does not help your case. As everyone has said, see the guy in person and bug him until you get something.
    Yeah I figured he may be saving me for a rainy day or a slow month. I'm 26 now and the theft charge was when I was 18 so hopefully they will take that into account as well.

Stats: 5'6", 205 lbs
    jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jessiebrown_et is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit jessiebrown_et's BodySpace
    Airforce guys get a badrap for being "chairforce, always on the golf course" etc...

My wife was going into the airforce and her recruiter was half-ass too. Your waivers are fine... Its the hardest branch to get into because they have the highest "standards" to get in etc... I was in the navy, and my recruiters got me out of alot of stuff... Hell I got a DWI dismissed before I went to boot and still got in. If you are super serious about going into the military, you can go over your recruiters head.. you are STILL a civilian and he can't do **** to you, so don't let him **** over your future. Once you get in, he can't do crap to you either, and you aren't "in" till after bootcamp is OVER.
    Jan 26, 2010-cutting started. Goal:170!

Doing tricks for reps till im out of the red :-)

Stats: 6'4", 232 lbs
    MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit MatthewLift's BodySpace
    Yeah I figured he may be saving me for a rainy day or a slow month. I'm 26 now and the theft charge was when I was 18 so hopefully they will take that into account as well.
    its the waivers

LOL

BS. Walk in there and see what's going on.
    I've been thinking about talking with the army.. get them to send me to take my asvab then afterwards walk into the AF's office and say here's my asvab score so do something with me or I'm joining the army

Stats: 6'4", 260 lbs
    BodyPoints: 17998
    Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Snowman723 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Snowman723's BodySpace
    Do you always call from the same number? Maybe he has call display and when he sees your name he never answers. Try calling from a different number.

The real way to test this is call from you regular number, and then when he doesn't answer immediately call from another number. I had this with a job a while back and caught him in the act like this, was semi-comical.
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

Registered User JohnnyDestroyer's Avatar
    JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JohnnyDestroyer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    My recruiter was half assed....

I didnt have any issues so I got in, I actually ship to BMT on monday...

I would suggest trying a different recruiter or something. And with your age its crunch time man, you may wanna consider a different branch, this slow-******* may age you out.

Originally Posted by jessiebrown_et View Post
    Airforce guys get a badrap for being "chairforce, always on the golf course" etc...

My wife was going into the airforce and her recruiter was half-ass too. Your waivers are fine... Its the hardest branch to get into because they have the highest "standards" to get in etc... I was in the navy, and my recruiters got me out of alot of stuff... Hell I got a DWI dismissed before I went to boot and still got in. If you are super serious about going into the military, you can go over your recruiters head.. you are STILL a civilian and he can't do **** to you, so don't let him **** over your future. Once you get in, he can't do crap to you either, and you aren't "in" till after bootcamp is OVER.
    Yeah i've been reading a lot online about other people having trouble with the AF recruiters getting back with them and I know its a combo of waivers and so many people joining so I think I'll march down to his office and if he blows some BS in my ass ask for all of my paperwork back and go over his head to get it done.

I've been thinking about talking with the army.. get them to send me to take my asvab then afterwards walk into the AF's office and say here's my asvab score so do something with me or I'm joining the army
    If you can score high (90+) on the ASVAB it may give you some leverage with the waivers. Take the ASVAB with the Army, Navy, whatever and see how you do.
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    NRA & GOA Member

Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    Do you always call from the same number? Maybe he has call display and when he sees your name he never answers. Try calling from a different number.

The real way to test this is call from you regular number, and then when he doesn't answer immediately call from another number. I had this with a job a while back and caught him in the act like this, was semi-comical.
    yeah its always the same number.. good idea i'll give that a try

It wouldn't matter. You can go to MEPS with the Army and then walk over and use the same scores for the USAF. You can only use the scores with the branch you went to MEPS for.

Is this recruiter in Midwest City?
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal

AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AriesMedic's BodySpace
    They can do this easily.

Your waivers are killing you, as well as the fact that many recruiters were on a "stand-down" for the holidays due to not only the holidays, but the extreme enrollment rates.

In reality, the Air Force is closed, brah. They are not taking applications, so to speak. You can not get a job in the Air Force for probably another year or so until boot camps/A-schools open up seats. There's just too many people.

You can try the Marine Corps, but they're pretty tight for people, too. So is the Navy.

Unless you have some extraordinary offering to them such as advanced language skills in Russian, Mandarin, or Arabic, or you can qualify for SpecOps/Warfare, you are not going to get the attention of ANYONE short of the Army, and maybe not even them.

You'd better OWN that ASVAB, btw. I got a "93" on mine, and that helped me get into SpecOps for the Navy, but if it had been lower, I would have had a MUCH tougher time. I also had a handful of waivers. You need determination, good selling skills (sell yourself) and you need to KILL your tests.
    ~ Barefooters Crew ~

*Infantry Veteran

*Paramedic

*EMT/Paramedic Instructor

Half-Marathon PR: 1:20:22

Originally Posted by JohnnyDestroyer View Post
    My recruiter was half assed....

I didnt have any issues so I got in, I actually ship to BMT on monday...

I would suggest trying a different recruiter or something. And with your age its crunch time man, you may wanna consider a different branch, this slow-******* may age you out.
    Congrats bro!

Originally Posted by AriesMedic View Post
    They can do this easily.

Your waivers are killing you, as well as the fact that many recruiters were on a "stand-down" for the holidays due to not only the holidays, but the extreme enrollment rates.

In reality, the Air Force is closed, brah. They are not taking applications, so to speak. You can not get a job in the Air Force for probably another year or so until boot camps/A-schools open up seats. There's just too many people.

You can try the Marine Corps, but they're pretty tight for people, too. So is the Navy.

Unless you have some extraordinary offering to them such as advanced language skills in Russian, Mandarin, or Arabic, or you can qualify for SpecOps/Warfare, you are not going to get the attention of ANYONE short of the Army, and maybe not even them.

You'd better OWN that ASVAB, btw. I got a "93" on mine, and that helped me get into SpecOps for the Navy, but if it had been lower, I would have had a MUCH tougher time. I also had a handful of waivers. You need determination, good selling skills (sell yourself) and you need to KILL your tests.
    Nice brah, I got a 93 too
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    NRA & GOA Member

It wouldn't matter. You can go to MEPS with the Army and then walk over and use the same scores for the USAF. You can only use the scores with the branch you went to MEPS for.

Is this recruiter in Midwest City?
    Yes sir he is in Midwest City..

I'm not scoring WAY high on my asvab but I've been in the 75 range when I have taken the practice test online so I'll try to work to get it up as high as possible

They can do this easily.

Really? Here's my time line: Talked with recruiter in Nov, test/DEP in early december, maybe leaving 2 Feb. The wait time depends: your AFQT, line scores, leave date, time in DEP, etc. There's too many to account for. So, you = wrong.

I have none of those and I have the attention of the USAF.

OWN? KILL? All I need is a 50+ on the ASVAB and I'll be leaving 2 Feb.
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal

Thats what I was told too.. if you can score above average 50-55 your golden

Stats: 6'3", 273 lbs
    BodyPoints: 82
    Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rod Farva has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Rod Farva's BodySpace
    I have given my recruiter all of the paperwork that he needed to get the ball rolling on sending me to take my ASVAB at the end of November. Every week I have called to check in with him to find out the status of things and he kept putting me off until finaly he told me that it would be until after the first of the year before he could do anything with me and here I am Jan 19th and he still hasnt called.. what can i do to get the ball rolling?

Just an FYI i have to get 4 waivers for a traffic ticket 2 years ago, i got arrested for petty larceny right after i turned 18, lasik eye surgery (eye doc wrote a release letter) and a broekn hip injury from when I was 14 (doc wrote a release for that too)

Call the Marines. They'll expedite your request.

AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AriesMedic has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AriesMedic's BodySpace
    Then your rate/job/MOS must be in extremely high demand, and have a very very short A-school/tech school.
    ~ Barefooters Crew ~

*Infantry Veteran

*Paramedic

*EMT/Paramedic Instructor

Half-Marathon PR: 1:20:22

Originally Posted by Rod Farva View Post
    Call the Marines. They'll expedite your request.
    The Marine Corps is pretty strict at the moment too and as far as I know they won't mess with anyone with a larceny charge
    ♦ Bay Area Crew ♦
    NRA & GOA Member

Then your rate/job/MOS must be in extremely high demand, and have a very very short A-school/tech school.
    Actually, no. The AFSC is 3P051, Security Forces and the tech school is "3 months" and is equal manned or even over manned. The reason it is almost mine is because the guy who had it broke his ankle and I was the first one asked if I wanted it.
    -2011 Carpe Diem Crew-

USAF Security Forces

Journal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast