Thread: Carb Cycling

52andfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb Cycling

I just started a carb cycling program to drop some body fat. Currently at 20% want to drop to 18%. Any suggestions on how long to stay on this program and how to make sure I'm not loosing muscle? It's tough!

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It depends on what carb-cycling format you are on... I usually use a weekly carb-cycling format to diet down, losing about a pound or two a week.

52andfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MsFit View Post
    It depends on what carb-cycling format you are on... I usually use a weekly carb-cycling format to diet down, losing about a pound or two a week.
    Hi Karen!! Excited to get a reply from you. I'm getting ready to purchase your e-book!! So I'm cycling low, mod, high carb depending on my workout days. This is what my week looks like: Monday/low - no workout; Tuesday/high - lift & cardio; Wed/low - no workout; Thurs/mod - lift & cardio; Friday/high - workout w/trainer; Sat/mod - lift; Sun/mod - lift. Was doing three cardio sessions but don't want to eat into muscle. What do you think?

mmhoneycutt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was trying to lose weight I just followed Tom Venuto's very basic carb-cycling plan--three days low/moderate carb (it never goes extremely low) and one day high (which is also a little higher in calories). It REALLY worked.

Venuto actually makes the comment that it can work a little too well. I would actually say this was true of me. Heh, I'm trying to gain weight now, because I got too thin. It wasn't just Venuto's carb cycling, but it did make me a believer that cycling really works.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 52andfit View Post
    Hi Karen!! Excited to get a reply from you. I'm getting ready to purchase your e-book!! So I'm cycling low, mod, high carb depending on my workout days. This is what my week looks like: Monday/low - no workout; Tuesday/high - lift & cardio; Wed/low - no workout; Thurs/mod - lift & cardio; Friday/high - workout w/trainer; Sat/mod - lift; Sun/mod - lift. Was doing three cardio sessions but don't want to eat into muscle. What do you think?
    I see where you are going with that cycling method and the logic behind it. I'll send you the carb-cycling formats I like and use most often. I like to establish consistency, then make a tweak to shock the body.