bdruff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pain in the middle of my back (spine)

sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I searched but only found one thread that was close to what I'm dealing with.

I'm 35 years old. I used to workout 6 days a week and played racquetball on sunday for 3 years. I was in great shape and wasn't really trying to get big, but towards the end I was lifting pretty heavy. I started to get this twinge in the middle of my back when I did straight arm lifts. I don't know what the right name for the excercise is but id lift dumb bells straight out in front of me while I was standing up.

I had to let my membership go but my back has never been the same. Sometimes I get the same feeling if I hold something as light as a book in front of me for too long.

I finally got my membership back after 15 months and the pain is back. It was always more annoying than anything else but I'm a little concerned. I was doing hammer curls today and it hurt pretty bad. Bad enought that I didn't finish the set.

I cant feel it unless I hold something out in front of me for a few minutes. It feels like its in my spine but I think its more likely muscles.

I'm thinking chiropractor but maybe i just need to lift lighter weight.

Are there any exercises or stretches that will help?

thanks

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bdruff View Post
    sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I searched but only found one thread that was close to what I'm dealing with.

I'm 35 years old. I used to workout 6 days a week and played racquetball on sunday for 3 years. I was in great shape and wasn't really trying to get big, but towards the end I was lifting pretty heavy. I started to get this twinge in the middle of my back when I did straight arm lifts. I don't know what the right name for the excercise is but id lift dumb bells straight out in front of me while I was standing up.

I had to let my membership go but my back has never been the same. Sometimes I get the same feeling if I hold something as light as a book in front of me for too long.

I finally got my membership back after 15 months and the pain is back. It was always more annoying than anything else but I'm a little concerned. I was doing hammer curls today and it hurt pretty bad. Bad enought that I didn't finish the set.

I cant feel it unless I hold something out in front of me for a few minutes. It feels like its in my spine but I think its more likely muscles.

thanks
    You may be pinching a nerve.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) trackstar0313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thanks
    I had this problem a few months ago and it was actually a strain in the cartilage that connects your spine and ribs.

I went to a chiropractor and found out that there is no way to stretch it, but also learned working your abs 4-5 times a week for about 15 minutes can actually prevent things like this.

I didn't get manipulated because everything was in line, but I took about a week and a half off weights (still did cardio) and it went away.

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It could be a lot of things. If it's in your lower back, could be a disc herniation. It could be a sprain, strain, muscular weakness, or any of many other things. I'd get it looked at, and get into some back rehab work. Your lumbars can never be strong enough.
    GOMAD!

Thanks for the quick replies.

I know I should see a dr. just to know whats going on. I just don't like going and Ive never been to a chiropractor.

It isn't my lower back. It seems to be right on my spine in the middle of my back. below my shoulder blades.

The only time it affects my workout is when I lift weight straight out in front of me. I'll lay off that for a few weeks. If it doesn't go away in a few weeks, i'll go see a dr. but it was here a year ago so I doubt it will be gone in a few weeks.

armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This one is easy. First, never ever see a chiropractor. Ever. 1. They are not recognized by Western Medicine as a legitimate practice. 2. While they may make you 'feel' better, it is only a temporary sense of well being brought on by many chemicals and hormones released in their manipulations. Endorphines may ring a bell. 3. Not only is the feeling temporary, but after continued treatment, the pain you are trying to eliminate can come back harder and more fierce when discontinuing treatment, forcing many people to become life long chiropracting dependants.

Second, yes see a doctor to be absolutly sure that there is no other damage, like a pinched nerve, torn tissue, or deteriorated cartilage. Likely not the case, but it never hurts to be sure. You may have to see different doctors to get all the checks. Reason being is you likely do not have any of the above and they will tell you its senseless. But usually they wont hesitate to take you money...or your insurance company's money anyway...you do have insurance dont you?

Now, what you have is a muscles spasm. It is a tight knot right along the side of your spine. It hurts not only when you hold weight in front of you, but when you take the arm on the same side and stretch it acrost your chest, being sure to lean+twist in the stretching direction a bit to stretch the back muscles and not just the rear delts. It aches when you do not move, sometimes worse than others. You feel like you need to crack your back? But no amount of cracking can fully satisfy the urge?

Another poster mentioned, doing ab workouts can help you avoid this problem sometimes. this is true in many cases and in many cases its also the cause. Many 'spasms' like this are caused by muscular imbalances. Your opposing muscles (chest, front delts, abs etc.) may be stronger than your back muscles and pulling your shoulders forward. Now that I mention this, how is your posture? Do you slouch? Your shoulders hang forward a bit dont they? Have someone check you out and tell you about your posture. Dont have to be a doc, just someone who knows how you are supposed to stand/sit. Your back muscles are always fighting your chest to pull the shoulders back, to maintain the balance. As a result of weaker back muscles, they are constantly fighting, and some can develope a spasm, where they are always contracted, and can lead to a tear. Anyway, to fix the imbalance, you need to work your back more. You said it hurts now, so take a week or two off, then start back lifting light. And I mean light. Put the pride and ego away, and lift light. Its only temporary. You will be able to work your way back up pretty quickly. Just focus on your back for the next few weeks.

Do pull downs with your upper back arched, and staring straight up at the ceiling. Pull the weight to you chest, and bring your elbows behind you. (wide grip). Its more like a row, but its a pull down too. FOCUS on your shoulder blades touching. It will be easy with the low weight. This is to strengthen the smaller muscles that are easily forgotten when lifting heavier weight, when most of the load gets moved by the lats, bis, R. delts, and even pecs.

Do rows, to your stomach, chest and face. Do one arm cable rows. I call them Chainsaw with a Dirty Carb Starters. Cuz when you do them you feel like you just tried starting a chainsaw with a dirty carb. Really any kind of pulling motion to strengthen your upper back.

In MOST cases, these pains can be solved or lessened through exercise. Mine was lessened, but still exists. Will likely be there forever, but I actually tore mine because I was ignorant and thought it was a spinal problem despite what my docs told me. I thought this because one of my vertebrae was twisted. In actuality it was twisted because the spasm had gotten so bad that it was pulling on the spine, until it finally ripped, while I was benching. Im better than ever now, and it took maybe 3-4 months after the tear to be in 'tip top'.

Seriously try my advice. Ive helped 2 or 3 other people with back problems on this very forum in just the past 2 months. I can give you their usernames if you want testimonials.
    Everytime you do partial squats, Jesus kills a kitten...

"When in doubt, deadlift and eat MOAR, you puss!" -Jesus; 8 time Mr. Universe 0024 A.D. - 0031 A.D.

See... Now thats the advice I was looking for Armydude. Thanks. I'll take your advice. And yes, I do slouch a little. The first two years working out, I didn't work my back nearly enough and a trainer said she could tell. I haven't felt it at all since the hammer curl. It woke me up but i dont think i did any damage yet. I'll do what you said. thanks again.

armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See... Now thats the advice I was looking for Armydude. Thanks. I'll take your advice. And yes, I do slouch a little. The first two years working out, I didn't work my back nearly enough and a trainer said she could tell. I haven't felt it at all since the hammer curl. It woke me up but i dont think i did any damage yet. I'll do what you said. thanks again.
    no prob man. just killin time. good luck to you, and may I ask for you to keep me posted on your recovery? Back problems are a focus and concern for me.

"When in doubt, deadlift and eat MOAR, you puss!" -Jesus; 8 time Mr. Universe 0024 A.D. - 0031 A.D.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    btw it doesn't take a chiropractor to fix this... just lie on the floor and get your girlfriend or someone to push down in that spot (CPR style) while you breathe out. that is, if you haven't already become convinced that chiropractic treatment is some kind of witchcraft...

aside from that, the exercises (and how to do them) recommended by armydude1 sound good. you may also benefit from low pulley bent-over raises with cable cross machine. (go light)
    Last edited by Jack_Lupino; 01-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    btw it doesn't take a chiropractor to fix this... just lie on the floor and get your girlfriend or someone to push down in that spot (CPR style) while you breathe out. that is, if you haven't already become convinced that chiropractic treatment is some kind of witchcraft...

aside from that, the exercises (and how to do them) recommended by armydude1 sound good. you may also benefit from low pulley bent-over raises with cable cross machine. (go light)
    thanks for the negs, but the reps i got for that post alone out weight all the negs you could give me in a life time. Why would you neg someone for doing their best to help someone?

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by armydude1 View Post
    thanks for the negs, but the reps i got for that post alone out weight all the negs you could give me in a life time. Why would you neg someone for doing their best to help someone?
    i think i explained myself fine with the comment "rant more plz"

if you hate chiropractors so much, seriously, go write a book about it...

also as you may or may not have noticed i just said i agreed with your exercise suggestions which i didn't notice until after reading your initial rant. reason being, you lack format and type in huge blocks (without so much as indentations) that make it hard to read quickly which is annoying in general.

to be honest, i actually wished i could un-neg you after reading the rest of your post but now that i see your cocky attitude about it i don't care.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

i think i explained myself fine with the comment "rant more plz"

if you hate chiropractors so much, seriously, go write a book about it...

also as you may or may not have noticed i just said i agreed with your exercise suggestions which i didn't notice until after reading your initial rant. reason being, you lack format and type in huge blocks (without so much as indentations) that make it hard to read quickly which is annoying in general.

to be honest, i actually wished i could un-neg you after reading the rest of your post but now that i see your cocky attitude about it i don't care.
    I feel strongly about chiros cause they are frauds, and cost me alot of money at one time.

I feel strongly about back problems because I have lived with one for 5 years, and over came it. And I feel I need to help others in that area because back problems can be very painful and debilitating. Hence rant, which I am sorry for, but due to the nature of the issue I take the extra step to help OP. You many not enjoy my format or rant, but it was intended for the OP. You do not have to read it.

I do appreciate that you wished you could un-neg after finishing my post, and I understand that you would take back that wish due to my cockyness, and I appologize also for the attitude, I went into defense mode at the fact that I was neg'd for a helpful post.

We both were out of line, and you have my sorryz. And I will work on tightening up my "back" schpeles. (spelling?? lol)

I feel strongly about chiros cause they are frauds, and cost me alot of money at one time.

I feel strongly about back problems because I have lived with one for 5 years, and over came it. And I feel I need to help others in that area because back problems can be very painful and debilitating. Hence rant, which I am sorry for, but due to the nature of the issue I take the extra step to help OP. You many not enjoy my format or rant, but it was intended for the OP. You do not have to read it.

I do appreciate that you wished you could un-neg after finishing my post, and I understand that you would take back that wish due to my cockyness, and I appologize also for the attitude, I went into defense mode at the fact that I was neg'd for a helpful post.

We both were out of line, and you have my sorryz. And I will work on tightening up my "back" schpeles. (spelling?? lol)
    different strokes for different folks?

i've had my share of hip, back, shoulder, neck and jaw problems and have had nothing but positive experiences with the 3 or 4 different chiropractors (and their associated massage and physical therapists) i've been to over the years. as well as acupuncturists...

also, i think it's worth mentioning that if it weren't for the discounted gym membership i got through my chiropractor years ago, i may never have started working out in the first place!

maybe the one(s) you went to were in fact frauds or just weren't very good at their jobs? IMHO it's a profession just like any else...
    for example, there are certain fast food locations i won't hit up because i've had repeatedly bad service there or the place wasn't clean. meanwhile, another location of the same restaurant i might frequent because it's always clean and they get my order right.

either way, apology accepted and i'll try and give you the green if and when this thing let's me.

peace brah
    Last edited by Jack_Lupino; 01-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.

maybe the one(s) you went to were in fact frauds or just weren't very good at their jobs? IMHO it's a profession just like any else...
    for example, there are certain fast food locations i won't hit up because i've had repeatedly bad service there or the place wasn't clean. meanwhile, another location of the same restaurant i might frequent because it's always clean and they get my order right.

either way, apology accepted and i'll try and give you the green if and when this thing let's me.

peace brah
    I dont think they were bad at their jobs, I mean I felt great while I was going, but as I started going less frequently the pain returned with vengence. I changed doctors when I moved, and same thing happened. Thats when I did the research. The practice is meant for relief, not generally to cure or eliminate any pain, though for some people in some situations it does work. My problem however, the dude claimed he could fix in two years. Research showed that that would be impossible, for any amount of years. I fixed it through exercise in 6 months.

Maybe its just a personal thing, and I looked for reasons to hate them, but whatever. To each his own, we all got a story. Dont worry about the green, lol, it'll probly be forever before you can rep me again, and by then I wouldnt expect you to remember. Im not worried bout it, your intent is good enough for me

To OP. Sry bout jackin your thread. Have you any more questions?

I dont think they were bad at their jobs, I mean I felt great while I was going, but as I started going less frequently the pain returned with vengence. I changed doctors when I moved, and same thing happened. Thats when I did the research. The practice is meant for relief, not generally to cure or eliminate any pain, though for some people in some situations it does work. My problem however, the dude claimed he could fix in two years. Research showed that that would be impossible, for any amount of years. I fixed it through exercise in 6 months.

Maybe its just a personal thing, and I looked for reasons to hate them, but whatever. To each his own, we all got a story. Dont worry about the green, lol, it'll probly be forever before you can rep me again, and by then I wouldnt expect you to remember. Im not worried bout it, your intent is good enough for me

my chiropractor(s) never made any claims of being able to cure anything, especially not by some deadline. did yours workout? mine seemed to view their practice as a part of a larger picture which included exercise, proper nutrition, stress management etc.

yeah you're probably right but i'll remember you regardless.

/thread?

Nope. Thanks. Hope this thread helps someone else down the road

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deep tissue massage + work on increase scapular and thoracic mobility + good posture

Likely will fix most soft tissue issues there.

Chiros are hit and miss. I know good ones, I know bad ones. Unfortunately, they are more miss than most health professionals. Docs and PTs have their good people and bad people too.

◄█▄ Whey to The Hey ▄█► Whey Hey's Avatar
    Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trackstar0313 View Post
    I had this problem a few months ago and it was actually a strain in the cartilage that connects your spine and ribs.

I went to a chiropractor and found out that there is no way to stretch it, but also learned working your abs 4-5 times a week for about 15 minutes can actually prevent things like this.

I didn't get manipulated because everything was in line, but I took about a week and a half off weights (still did cardio) and it went away.
    When were you able to hit the weights heavy again?

I think i might have something like this..

I dont have much pain at all (if any), but it feels uncomfortable in my middle back, when i breathe in sometimes it feels like my ribs are pushing into my back more then they should... which makes me think its one of the internal muscles around my ribs...

AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AFXC1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't get what's with the Chiropractic phobia above, but if you need to see one, go ahead, but make sure you go see a good chiro, and not a lousy one. That is just step one, step two is the most important step. You must learn and prevent making and/or utilizing such movements that promote the pain in your back from occuring. Icing is also a must.
    .:MiscMarioBrahs:.

0341 Infantry Mortarman

Philippians 4:13 We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us and without Christ we can do nothing! Joshua 1:9, Colossians 1:9-14
    Pray for all U.S. military troops at home and abroad in Jesus name.

Just a follow up... Its been about 2 weeks since I first posted with back pain. I took some advice here and lightened the weight. I lifted slow, light and concentrated on form. I have been spending about twice the amount of time stretching before and after each workout.

I feel a lot better. My back doesn't feel as tired and there has been no pain.

No dr or chiropractor but almost a massage. Ive never had one.

isnerm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) isnerm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) isnerm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) isnerm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) isnerm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    First I would like to apologize to you for your experience with your Chiropractor. There are those out there who give us all a bad name. Yes we are acredited within Western States and are able to use the term Chiropractic Physicians (as recognized by Medicare, Medicaid and most Insurances) and are taught with the same first year and a half books as MD/DO schools. This post is not to flame just inform.
    I am sure you are rightfully justified in your anger and it bothers me that there are those bad Chiropractors who make claims that they cannot back up. Find a good evidence based Chiropractor who looks at the science of the manipulation not just a "pop and pray" mentality. There are specialists in this area: Certified Chiropractic Sports Practioner (CCSP) who usually have the CSCS to go along with it. I am working on both now.
    I am not asking you to not bash Chiropractors just bash the BAD ones, not all of us who are really trying to use Science as our basis for what we do (an don't do). I know what limits I have within my practice and will always refer out when it is needed.
    Remember PT and DO also use manipulation as a tool to adjust the joint dysfunction with in the spine and peripheral joints.
    Last edited by isnerm; 02-06-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Now get up and go workout!

yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yipkevin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

thanks

Hi,you may want to come by Singapore Sports and Orthopaedic clinic at gleneagles hospital to check out your back problem.They are specialise in treating patients sustaining from knee,back,shoulder pain.For further details,you may visit orthopaedicclinic.com.sg or call (+65) 9858 6295 if you have any enquires regarding your back problem.Take care.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This one is easy...
    Excellent advice. OP's age and history also lead me to believe that it would be worthwhile for an MD to take a look at the bony structures (i.e. x-ray) to make sure he doesn't have any spurs, but in general, an actual MD looking at the problem is the way to go. In my experience, you need to press them on the issue and explain your lifestyle and ambitions. If you go in educated about back pain with a concise history ready to go they'll be much more likely to be able to help you. You're one patient, so you run the risk of just being another "middle aged guy with a back problem." Get your money's worth out of them. I've been in for back pain twice and mine has been basic age & degeneration both have been resolved by proper and focused core strengthening, stretching, posture, and stretching, and did I mention stretching? (as well as recognizing which aspects of my lifting aggravate the problem).

978jpoitras is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any luck on this?

Thanks for the quick replies.

I know I should see a dr. just to know whats going on. I just don't like going and Ive never been to a chiropractor.

It isn't my lower back. It seems to be right on my spine in the middle of my back. below my shoulder blades.

The only time it affects my workout is when I lift weight straight out in front of me. I'll lay off that for a few weeks. If it doesn't go away in a few weeks, i'll go see a dr. but it was here a year ago so I doubt it will be gone in a few weeks.

Been dealing with this pain for a long time. The only thing that relieves it is stretching that side. Left side I have no pain at all? We’re u able to heal this? Did armydudes advice work ?