Any good powerlifters / bodybuilders that became successful despite having injuries such as torn/damaged cuffs or knee problems?
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM #1
01-18-2010, 02:27 PM #2
Calves: I've torn both of them, leaving a huge indentation in each.
• Right Knee: Back in the late 80's I strained my ACL and that left me on crutches for two weeks. I've had three other similar strains since that time.
• Right Hamstring: I tore this hamstring so badly that I nearly needed surgery to fix it.
• Left Knee: I've partially torn my patellar tendon. This wasn't bad, pain-wise, but it did mess up my squatting for four months.
• Quad: I pulled my right quad in the early 90's. It was so bad that it turned my entire leg black.
• Groin: I've injured my groin on both the right and left sides. This was a year of hell where there was nothing I could do to get it fixed. So I just wrapped it up and dealt with it. After a year it got better.
• Lower Abdominal: I tore my lower abdominal muscles seven years ago. I did this while squatting and it was perhaps the most painful injury I've ever had.
• Spine: The following discs are herniated: L4, L5, C4, C5. C4 and C5 left my hand numb for a few months. L4 and L5 occurred over 14 years ago and required me to take two months off training
• Intercostals: I've strained two on each side over the past ten years.
• Left pec: I tore this muscle at the tendon and needed surgery to repair it.
• Right pec: I tore this muscle in half but decided to not have surgery since the tendon was still attached.
• Both pecs: I've torn each at least 20 times and each time caused the entire pec to turn black and blue. All of these happened before the above pec injuries.
• Right shoulder: I've had a torn supraspinatus, bone spurs, and now have arthritis. I had this shoulder cleaned up with the AC shaved down to allow more movement, but am now experiencing almost all the same ailments in the same shoulder. Doctors are talking replacement.
• Left shoulder: This one also has arthritis, but isn't as bad as the other."^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM #3
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM #4
- Join Date: Jan 2003
- Location: CA
- Posts: 31,732
- BodyPoints: 13370
- Rep Power: 49321
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM #5
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM #6
- Join Date: Mar 2004
- Age: 33
- Stats: 5'10", 165 lbs
- Posts: 39,704
- BodyPoints: 41761
- Rep Power: 18404
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM #7
By Its_PainFuLL in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 61Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
By stash in forum Workout ProgramsReplies: 11Last Post: 02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
By WhyBigH? in forum Sports TrainingReplies: 5Last Post: 11-07-2004, 01:54 PM
By SteR- in forum Sports TrainingReplies: 4Last Post: 12-09-2003, 05:40 PM
By Road_kill in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 3Last Post: 04-27-2002, 03:35 PM