mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Eye workouts: focal acomodation for sport speed

It seems we rarely work our eyes for our health, but they have muscles that atrophy without work just like any other muscle, or get pooped if worked out the same way all the time (what most of us do during the day looking at a screen).

here's a pointer to a few quick tips for eye workouts, and references to more, that may be of interest.
    http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/01/eye...ou-switch.html

These are near/far jumps for focus strength and simple eye-first not head first drills for target acquisition. Simple simple stuff, but when practiced, enhances movement - and in some cases, cognition.

cool. and v. important for sports where the body actually moves, too.

just fyi.

mc

91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for that!

grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) grimacer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cool i love stuff like this

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    real cool thanks
    Toronto is Bake crew
    Raptors-Jays-Leafs-Bills. Best 2/10 sport teams crew.
    Herniated Dick crew
    Mike Tyson admirer crew
    Homeboy Leroy crew

JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyTNT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ride motocross and ride mountbikes down real mountains for my eye training.

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is so awesome. it made my otherwise schitty day. i play basketball so i will try it out and see if it helps with focusing on a target in less time.

F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    repped.

personally i play fps games on the computer and also do competitive handgun shooting (ipsc) eye exercise stuff is good. favorited.

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by viperjax View Post
    This is so awesome. it made my otherwise schitty day. i play basketball so i will try it out and see if it helps with focusing on a target in less time.
    Thank you

For basketball, you and your coach might want to pick up a book on sports vision and look at "saccade training" - you start with working the eye charts, and then move into dribbling while doing the charts etc.

you'll be happy with how this improves both focus and awareness on the court in a real game situation.

best
    mc

wow thanks for the positive comments.

on the mountain bike stuff - absolutely during that activity you're using your eyes a lot, predicting, trying not to break your neck.

Of course the idea of practice in a sport is to isolate a particular skill and work it so that it's in even better shape - especially for the unexpected - in the actual competition.

likewise, gaming can be great except of course that it's distances don't usually change. In target shooting, do you get to do near-far targets? i haven't seen that on most courses? do you do specific sight training? really cool.

Thanks again for stopping by to say this was interesting. that's great news.

wow, made my day.

mc

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by F1eld View Post
    repped.

personally i play fps games on the computer and also do competitive handgun shooting (ipsc) eye exercise stuff is good. favorited.
    really i think playing FPS is all you might need, I used to play a lot on a competitive level and my eyes never fatigue like most people i know. i contribute that to my past activities. also get your reaction times up as well.
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No need to isolate the eyes. They get worked with big compounds. Simply do your Big 3 and eat. All bodybuilders are on steroids.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    No need to isolate the eyes. They get worked with big compounds. Simply do your Big 3 and eat. All bodybuilders are on steroids.
    u still gotta train for the pump brah

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ eye DOMS is a betch

Originally Posted by mc- View Post
    Thank you

For basketball, you and your coach might want to pick up a book on sports vision and look at "saccade training" - you start with working the eye charts, and then move into dribbling while doing the charts etc.

you'll be happy with how this improves both focus and awareness on the court in a real game situation.

best
    mc
    thanks man, will do asap

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    that made me smile.funny. tnx! you do note i suggested incorporating them into your dl, eh?

mc