randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

p90X and weight lifting

i keep hearing p90x is more cardio based and i lift monday through thursday and then on saturday, now heres my question... would it be ok to use p90x while lifting that much? my step dad bought it for me and i wanna give it a try but i still wanna go to the gym and lift, so what ya'll think??

reps for answers

randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) randomhero565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    super bump!!

soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soccerboy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by randomhero565 View Post
    i keep hearing p90x is more cardio based and i lift monday through thursday and then on saturday, now heres my question... would it be ok to use p90x while lifting that much? my step dad bought it for me and i wanna give it a try but i still wanna go to the gym and lift, so what ya'll think??

reps for answers
    No you need to get some rest. P90X is not mostly cardio based, there are a lot of resistance training in it using weights or resistance bands. Make it where three days of the week are lifting, whether you divide them up between going to the gym and doing one of the P90X programs, and the rest are cardio (Assuming you're trying to cut).

Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is probably the most common question asked about P90x in this forum..... having done p90x and to a T, i would say that 1. there is no reason to try to do this with any other routine and 2. if you are trying hard in p90x there is no way you'll have the energy to try to add lifting to the program. IMO, p90x is enough.
    Live your dreams, don't dream your life!!!!

TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to lift weights at the gym, but when i got the p90, I stopped going to the gym and just used the p90 at home. IMO it works a lot better for me.

ok i was just wondering cuz if been reading threads and such and people are saying its more cardio then anything thats why its good for getting more cut up, im gonna give it a try once im done bulking hopefully it works well

reppd all yall

DBombs16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBombs16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ok i was just wondering cuz if been reading threads and such and people are saying its more cardio then anything thats why its good for getting more cut up, im gonna give it a try once im done bulking hopefully it works well

reppd all yall
    There workout are very easy and it is very intense i prefer the plymoetrics workout the best.

Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DBombs16 View Post
    There workout are very easy and it is very intense i prefer the plymoetrics workout the best.
    dude are you f*in kidding? the p90x workouts are easy????? unless you're Tony Horton or you're half a$$in the workouts they are most definitely not easy!
    Live your dreams, don't dream your life!!!!

aaron126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did p90x for 2 months early last summer and they are definitely intense workouts. I really liked all of the resistance routines they are defintely a good way to get in shape. The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't a very good workout for putting on mass, atleast not for me.
    'I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." '- Muhammed Ali

Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What kind of body are you wanting? The infomercials and many pictures all over the internet shows you what this program will do for you. It's not a mass building program. If you want to get ripped/toned then there isn't a better program on the market imo.

I just started my second 90 day round today and I can tell you it is no way shape or form easy. You'll end up puking if you try and keep up with Tony.
    Last edited by Mayze; 01-18-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oops double post

Originally Posted by Mayze View Post
    What kind of body are you wanting? The infomercials and many pictures all over the internet shows you what this program will do for you. It's not a mass building program. If you want to get ripped/toned then there isn't a better program on the market imo.

I just started my second 90 day round today and I can tell you it is no way shape or form easy. You'll end up puking if you try and keep up with Tony.
    well right now im bulking pretty much but pretty soon im going to jump into a cut and try and get to 9-10% BF (im at about 14-15% right now)

Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Give P90X a try! Don't wait and you won't be disappointed. Just take in a LOT of calories! I did the program when I thought I was in good shape and this program kicked my butt! I still use the Kempo and Yoga on my off days for cardio and stretching. If you think you can do push ups and pull ups, you'll find yourself pushing pause after a few sets! Get a heart monitor to keep track of your heart rate and calories burned in a workout/week. I recommend the Polar F6. Good Luck!
    Intensity is the key to every workout!

jrl9851 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got done doing p90x about a month ago. I did the full 3 months, went from 202lbs to 188lbs, from 22%bf to around 18%. It's an awesome workout. It cut me pretty good, but I decided I want to gain some mass first before going a second round on p90x. So right now I'm doing rippetoes and in a few months I will switch back to p90x to get cut for the summer.

Originally Posted by Jayd56 View Post
    Give P90X a try! Don't wait and you won't be disappointed. Just take in a LOT of calories! I did the program when I thought I was in good shape and this program kicked my butt! I still use the Kempo and Yoga on my off days for cardio and stretching. If you think you can do push ups and pull ups, you'll find yourself pushing pause after a few sets! Get a heart monitor to keep track of your heart rate and calories burned in a workout/week. I recommend the Polar F6. Good Luck!
    deff going to haha, did you i heard the dvds come with a diet plan, did you diet by that or eat your own layout, im asking because i dont have the booklet just the dvds

its going to be hard for me just to use this system of dvds because i loveeee going to the gym and lifting

Monster in Training hanscbrinker's Avatar
    hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanscbrinker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile P90x

This is something I am going to start doing. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I spend five days a week in the gym, but I workout on my lunch hour so I sometimes get an abbreviated workout. I would like to add this in a couple of evenings a week. I can't wait to start it. If it's anything like what I hear I'll be getting the results I want and get my a** kicked along the way.
    Hans "Hawk" Brinker
    Mesa, AZ

It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.-Ghengis Khan

TRIBX90 and ZMA Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122251891

ERGOBURN BY ERGOGENIX
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137451513&p=738448133#post738448133

Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jayd56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

deff going to haha, did you i heard the dvds come with a diet plan, did you diet by that or eat your own layout, im asking because i dont have the booklet just the dvds

its going to be hard for me just to use this system of dvds because i loveeee going to the gym and lifting
    I ate like a horse (a ton of protein) and still lost weight. If you're burning 800-1000+ calories a day, it's not too hard to remain at a deficit for the day. Just space out your meals, 6-7 meals throughout the day, and try to avoid a binge session and you'll drop a lot of fat quickly! When I first did the program, I ate what ever I could get my hands on. I lost 15 lbs during but put it back on as soon as I was done. Change you're eating habits and you will see excellent results.

ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10) ItalynStalyn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To do the p90x program do you need dumbbells AND resistance bands...or can u do all the exercises with the bands?

KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why not just do it 2-3 days a week and continue to lift? Use the sessions you want to use and discard the lifting ones and use your gym for those...

Originally Posted by KorStrength View Post
    Why not just do it 2-3 days a week and continue to lift? Use the sessions you want to use and discard the lifting ones and use your gym for those...
    Get a portable DVD player and do the program from beginning to end and you'll see the results! I took an extra "learning week" per phase. There are 3 phases, so 3 months. You won't look or feel the same. After completing the program, I still go back and use Kempo X, Plyometrics and Yoga X on my off days.

Dumbbells over bands. You'll get more out of it.

Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

p90x and weightlifting

Originally Posted by Futix76 View Post
    This is probably the most common question asked about P90x in this forum..... having done p90x and to a T, i would say that 1. there is no reason to try to do this with any other routine and 2. if you are trying hard in p90x there is no way you'll have the energy to try to add lifting to the program. IMO, p90x is enough.
    I completely agree with this post. Im on week 8 of the program and yes the program does involve alot of lifting. Weeks 5, 6, 7 are pretty heavy weeks. 8-10 rep range with heavy weights. I have been adding more weight as the weeks progress. I wouldnt recommend anything on top of the program. Once Im done I want to focus on training even heavier being as though I have gained alot of strength and endurance these past few weeks. But by all means do give it a shot...Ive made improvements I was never able to make before. Overall Im very happy with the results thus far. Good luck!

Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jomyra is on a distinguished road. (+10)

eating and p90x

Originally Posted by Jayd56 View Post
    I ate like a horse (a ton of protein) and still lost weight. If you're burning 800-1000+ calories a day, it's not too hard to remain at a deficit for the day. Just space out your meals, 6-7 meals throughout the day, and try to avoid a binge session and you'll drop a lot of fat quickly! When I first did the program, I ate what ever I could get my hands on. I lost 15 lbs during but put it back on as soon as I was done. Change you're eating habits and you will see excellent results.
    In my opinion the diet will either make you or break you in regards to this program. Diet is critical to get awesome results. Eat clean or you will be cheating yourself out of amazing results...Im living proof that a good diet and intensity give you phenomenal results. I feel those who talk down the program never truly followed it like they were supposed to. Just putting my 2 cents in....hope this helps.

raywayne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so the p90x doesnt make you gain muscle mass??????????

yes

Originally Posted by raywayne View Post
    From my experience with it...absolutely!

unrealone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by raywayne View Post
    its just like with anything that involves weights... you can always add weight and do less reps to help build mass. p90x is a lot repetition and is used more by people wanting to lose weight and tone up. dont think its really meant to build mass, but its possible. i have used a few of the routines for days i cant go lift at the gym, but i still havent found a better combo than doing an Insanity cardio workout in the morning and then lifting in the evening... (p90x or gym) just my experience...gl with it.

strugz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no way in hell can you do p90x and still go to lifts.
    p90x taxes the hell out of you with its high rep and high volume range.
    from my understanding so far, lifting requires a great deal of rest on off days, are your not going to get enough rest to lift if your keeping up with p90x.

And no p90x does not gain you muscle mass because it burns a crapload of calories from the circuit style of training you use. If you want to put on mass with p90x, you'd have to shoot for over 4000 calories daily etc.

stang808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stang808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stang808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im doin the P90X right now. Im on my second month and still goin strong. As for the diet I actuall just fallow mmy own. I just grab recipies here and there in the booklet but thats it. IMO u should do the P90X now then bulk up later on but thats just me. The cardio on here is awsome excecially the plyometrics. Right now I just want to loose as much BF as I can with in the 90 days then wen im done im gonna bulk up n get as much muscle mass as I can in like two months then hit the P90X after that.

raywayne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for the replies