Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much is too much:Cardio?

My goal is to lose about 70-80lbs while gaining lean muscle. How much is too much cardio? Generally I do about 1hr/3x a wk (20mins elliptical-40mins interval walking. Oh yea and I'm so impatient when it comes to weight loss lol I know it takes time.
    'Courage is not defined by those who fought, nor by those who fell, But by those who fought, fell, and rose again.' -unknown

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're impatient, I recommend looking into PSMF. Ad no that's not too much cardio but if fat loss is your goal, it's mostly about diet.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

basildaplaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well generally you should be doing anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of cardio everyday

i think you should just limit yourself to 20min-1hr a day of (good cardio) a average person can lose anywhere between a pound to a pound 1/2 a week of fat.

i hope i answered your question

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhoenixLuv View Post
    My goal is to lose about 70-80lbs while gaining lean muscle. How much is too much cardio? Generally I do about 1hr/3x a wk (20mins elliptical-40mins interval walking. Oh yea and I'm so impatient when it comes to weight loss lol I know it takes time.
    1 hour 3x weekly is great but are you lifting as well?

PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhoenixLuv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    If you're impatient, I recommend looking into PSMF. Ad no that's not too much cardio but if fat loss is your goal, it's mostly about diet.
    I don't think PSMF is for me while I want to lose weight fast I also want long-term results.

Originally Posted by basildaplaya View Post
    well generally you should be doing anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of cardio everyday

i hope i answered your question
    Oh that's perfect I was thinking about doing 1hr of cardio 5-6 days a wk but I was also wondering if that is enough or if I need to add more
    'Courage is not defined by those who fought, nor by those who fell, But by those who fought, fell, and rose again.' -unknown

Originally Posted by TJB85 View Post
    1 hour 3x weekly is great but are you lifting as well?
    I'm lifting 3-4days a wk. Moderate weight-higher reps to help lose weight, some bodyparts I mix it up and do heavy like my back and my bum for example.

TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TJB85 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm lifting 3-4days a wk. Moderate weight-higher reps to help lose weight, some bodyparts I mix it up and do heavy like my back and my bum for example.
    are you doing the cardio after you lift? the reason im asking is your going to get 2 main parts of training by doing some but you can also over do it if your doing an hour after you lift.

part 1 your going to be getting whats called active recovery in witch will help you out alot if your lacking things inside of your diet like protein ext,

part 2 of this is all those stored fat cells that are deep you will hit them more than newer ones for doing your cardio after you workout because your body will have no energy source besides stored fat.

my rule for clients is:
    5/45/30

5 minutre warmup

45 minutes of straight training

30 minutes of cardio. why not more than 30 minutes most people ask is at this point the next energy sorce your body will attack is your muscle so you need to keep it all in moteration.

the days your not lifting or 7 hours befor or after your workout an hour is fine and you will not have to worry about lossing those new muscle cells !

hope this helps

jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorg3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's not a lot of cardio, I was doing 10 miles(5 in the am, then 5 in the PM) daily 6 days a week. This was when I started @ 240 Pounds.. When i got to 200 after educating myself, reading, many books, I incorporated weigh lifting 3x each week. Now focus on your diet that was and is still the hardest thing for me.
    i'm just a calf guy living in an ab guy's world...

"Failure is the condiment that gives success it's flavor"

"Pictures don't show progress, they just show how much work is left to do"

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, being patient does suck sometimes. However, in the long run you will be much happier with the results if you keep as much muscle as possible while burning fat. A very long time ago I read a post where someone said "losing fat is like viewing a toilet paper roll head on, it doesn't seem like you're getting anywhere until all the toilet paper is gone; then you're like woah!"

So basically, find a good long term fatloss diet. Eat 500 cals of healthy foood below matainence and you should be pleased with the results in the long term.

and for the question about cardio, 3x a week for an hour is fine
    squeeze your glutes and press

vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vgbblife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are you doing the cardio after you lift? the reason im asking is your going to get 2 main parts of training by doing some but you can also over do it if your doing an hour after you lift.

part 1 your going to be getting whats called active recovery in witch will help you out alot if your lacking things inside of your diet like protein ext,

part 2 of this is all those stored fat cells that are deep you will hit them more than newer ones for doing your cardio after you workout because your body will have no energy source besides stored fat.

my rule for clients is:
    5/45/30

5 minutre warmup

45 minutes of straight training

30 minutes of cardio. why not more than 30 minutes most people ask is at this point the next energy sorce your body will attack is your muscle so you need to keep it all in moteration.

the days your not lifting or 7 hours befor or after your workout an hour is fine and you will not have to worry about lossing those new muscle cells !

hope this helps
    How long should someone rest before being able to do another liss cardio session?

are you doing the cardio after you lift?
    I do cardio after I lift always. I was thinking of doing mon-weights/30mincardio, tues-1hr cardio, wed-weights/30mincardio, thurs-1hr cardio, fri-weights/30mincardio, sat-1hr cardio

Originally Posted by iLiRaM View Post
    A very long time ago I read a post where someone said "losing fat is like viewing a toilet paper roll head on, it doesn't seem like you're getting anywhere until all the toilet paper is gone; then you're like woah!"
    That quote is absolutely brilliant! :-)

I do cardio after I lift always. I was thinking of doing mon-weights/30mincardio, tues-1hr cardio, wed-weights/30mincardio, thurs-1hr cardio, fri-weights/30mincardio, sat-1hr cardio

that is how it should be broken down

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you lift weights 3/4 times a week, and do some cardio on 2 of the other days (or after lifting) then the fat will melt of.. IF YOUR DIET IS IN CHECK.

That's all there is to it, really.

(no need for 1 hour of cardio every day, it will hurt you more then make you better, besides you won't last that long with such a routine > you better create the cal deficit true diet and give your body rest to recover from weight lifting)
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

CaseyGmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it depends on the person, i was doing 120 minutes of light cardio per day and didn't lose a damn pound it sucks...because of my knees i can't run so i walk
    Follow your dreams, you can live your goals, I'm living proof.

91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 91brett91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On a cutting phase I go at least 30 min serious cardio everyday.

bravosixniner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well i'm trying to lose 35 to 40 pounds in 6 months and I'm doing 2 x 500 calorie cardio session twice a day 3 times a week and in between the 3 days I lift. And I days I lift I also do a single 500 calorie cardio session, which tend to average 30 to 45 min per session depending on intensity. So thats 3 days of lifting with 3 days of cardio and 1 day rest. And I eat at about 300 cal below maintenance. Everybody seems to harp on eating drastically below maintenance is preferred over doing alot of cardio....I always thought conventional wisdom was doing more cardio was better than starving yourself....anyways just wondered what people thought...I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can while losing the least about of muscle mass during this cut phase. And oh yeah...I'm trying to stick to a 70/25/5 diet on protein/carb/fat .... hopefully this will prevent some loss in muscle mass..
    Last edited by bravosixniner; 01-18-2010 at 02:02 PM.

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think PSMF is for me while I want to lose weight fast I also want long-term results.
    Your body doesn't know what diet you are on.

PSMF is fine for long term results. The key is what happens to your diet when you stop PSFM.

If you continue to eat clean and watch the calories, then you should be fine. However, it you start eating over maintenance and stop working out, then the weight will come back on.

If you want to take a slower approach, just figure out what yuolr maintenance calories would be, deduct 500, and stick with that.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

rule #1: this is a life-long battle. you will always be having to work towards it. i highly suggest you get used to it right now. 'cause you're gunna be a shining star!!!

#2: do as much cardio as you can fit into your day/doesn't disrupt the rest of your day/doesn't affect your energy levels for your day.

***my tip:*** start w/ as little as you can & do progressively more as you get progressively lighter (as much as you can comfortably & conveniently). this is the same for calories. eat as much as you can (comfortably/conveniently), & eat less as you get lighter.

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    diet is the most important, obviously.

i personally do cardio and strength 5 times a week, and i'd recommend that to anyone as well, but that's just me.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10) plated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by basildaplaya View Post
    Nope, plenty of well informed people lose lots of weight without this.

if fat loss is your goal, it's mostly about diet.
    ^^^^^^This.
    Aug 1 - Nov 1 Comp:
    8-1: 255.8 | 8-8: 253.2 | 8-15: xxx.x | 8-22: xxx.x | 8-29: xxx.x | Month Total:
    9-5: xxx.x | 9-12: xxx.x | 9-19: xxx.x | 9-26: xxx.x | Month Total:
    10-3: xxx.x | 10-10: xxx.x | 10-17: xxx.x | 10-24: xxx.x | 10-31 xxx.x | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 11-1: (Goal: 220 lbs) Haven't seen under 210lbs in 8 years...I'll be there by the end of 2011 =)

My BB.com log - http://tinyurl.com/platedlog

-Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -Nick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no more than 2 hours a day

that is how it should be broken down
    Thanks....

Unfortunately my diet is very up and down depending on my money. I try to always eat the right things but often times I eat way below what I should eat for the day. If I'm lucky I have $60 for food til my next paycheck 7 days later often times I have $20-30 to get food to last me for 7 days sometimes less. I have no problem eating healthy just affording food :-) *blush*

Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farlos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's not a short term fix if you can control your eating habits when you come off it.
    "I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't." - Unknown

Originally Posted by Farlos View Post
    It's not a short term fix if you can control your eating habits when you come off it.
    oh ok...I guess the word "fast" threw me off. I try to stay away from fasting and extremely restrictive calorie diets because I've had issues in the past w/ eating disorders and have a tendency to sometimes go overboard. When I was younger I would eat 400-600cals a day or less. I'll have to check out the psmf thing again

vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks....

Unfortunately my diet is very up and down depending on my money. I try to always eat the right things but often times I eat way below what I should eat for the day. If I'm lucky I have $60 for food til my next paycheck 7 days later often times I have $20-30 to get food to last me for 7 days sometimes less. I have no problem eating healthy just affording food :-) *blush*
    This is the best advice I can give from personal experience. Shop at the dolloar stores, believe it or not they have really good fruits and veggies at a $1 a lb. I have lived in hollywood for 5 years on less than 15-20k a yr. its really tough. Second Get rid of anything that is premanufactured- I have food allergies that were killing my digestion all from premanufactured goods. I cut it out and lost 10 lbs in a month. Buy meat in bulk when its on sale and freeze it.

Do heavy weights in good form for 8-12 reps....the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism and the more fat you burn. Also consider doing 20 min of cardio in the morning before you eat. Pack your meals the night before if you are on the go like I am. My favorite snack to carry with me is the Luna bars by Cliff and the think thin. I also like to keep little baggies of almonds with me for a quick snack full of fiber and protein.

I personally love Fitday.com for tracking my caloric intake and monitoring my fat/carb/prot ratios. You should also not have more than an 800 calorie deficit.

9-9-9 RIP Rep Betting Sec -ShockWave-'s Avatar
    -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000) -ShockWave- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bravosixniner View Post
    Well i'm trying to lose 35 to 40 pounds in 6 months and I'm doing 2 x 500 calorie cardio session twice a day 3 times a week and in between the 3 days I lift. And I days I lift I also do a single 500 calorie cardio session, which tend to average 30 to 45 min per session depending on intensity. So thats 3 days of lifting with 3 days of cardio and 1 day rest. And I eat at about 300 cal below maintenance. Everybody seems to harp on eating drastically below maintenance is preferred over doing alot of cardio....I always thought conventional wisdom was doing more cardio was better than starving yourself....anyways just wondered what people thought...I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can while losing the least about of muscle mass during this cut phase. And oh yeah...I'm trying to stick to a 70/25/5 diet on protein/carb/fat .... hopefully this will prevent some loss in muscle mass..
    Here is the meat and potatoes of weight loss
    Eating less than your maintenance calories will force your body to use up its stored energy thus reducing your weight. So if you want to lose weight eat less, plain and simply put and yes its that easy.

Now if you want to be fit and burn more calories to help promote weight loss than you would incorporate exercise.
    You can do all the exercises and or cardio in the world but if you eat more calories then you burn off then you will still be overweight aka fat. This is what happens when your body doesnt burn off the excess calorie, your body stores them as fat plain and simply put.
    The real conventional wisdom here that is a problem of exercise is that you tend to become very hungry afterwards because of your bodys depletion which can lead to overeating, so be careful with this.

Think of it as a balance on a scale in which you decide which way you want the scale to to tip. You can eat more but then you will have to do more exercises and or cardio to offset higher numbers of your calorie intake. Or you can eat less and do less exercise and or cardio. Or you can just eat less and do no exercise and that would still be effective.

Most educated people dont "starve" them selfs when dieting, instead they will eat little portions of healthy food all through out the day to ward off hunger and binge eating.

Now from here on out you will need to find a diet that will work for you and seriously spend some time to lean basic nutrition to be successful on your path to a diet that works for you to achieve your goals of weight loss.

Side note is that if you dont want to lose to much muscle while dieting you need to eat plenty of protein(1gram of protein per 1 lb lean bodyweight) and incorporate a weight lifting routine. If you dont keep your muscles in an anabolic state then they will become catabolic and shrink. Baiscally if you dont use em you will lose em.

Lastly it takes alot of time, motivation, and lifestyle change to lose weight so find yourself something personal to keep you motivated and make quality use of your time instead of loafing which probably contributed to what got you overweight in the first place. My thoughts on this are that alot of people always say im tired after work. That understandable so do your self a favor and rest for a bit. But when is ENOUGH REST? RESTING should be something short term that you do to get your energy back up mentally or physically. Seriously its amazing that people will come home and couch potatoe all the while saying im tired and im resting for 4 or 5 hours watching TV or on the computer then eat dinner and then sleep all night for 8 more hours. Its shouldnt take anyone that long to REST. When you learn a whole new thing call staying motivated you will feel great. When you have laziness and fat you feel old and tired. So rest only to long enough to get to your next goal and then get plenty of sleep to fix the long term fatigue and then watch the magic happen.
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    |-|S|h|o|c|k|W|a|v|e|-|
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

What are they putting in your proprietary blend? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThdFqGLq4QU

You are a product of your environment. If you surround yourself with loafers and laziness, you will become your environment.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree 100% on this. You can run 10 hours of the day and if you diet sucks....so will your physique! I have made this mistake early on....I was doing 2 a days in the gym and wasn't getting anywhere cuz my diet was not in check. Get ur diet down....and you don't have to do as much cardio. I suggest 20-30 mins and I'd incorporate weights into your routine for sure.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the best way to lose weight is to learn how to cook from scratch. Throw out all the junk, processed foods, frozen dinners and desserts. If you want sweets, make them from scratch. The amount of work involved will likely keep your baking to a minimum. If you are on a budget, cooking from scratch will greatly reduce your food costs. Cook everything at once 2 times a week. Then you can never make the excuse that you don't have the time and go binge on fast food. If you can do this and incorporate a reasonable amount of exercise in your life you will be ahead of 99.9% of Americans. This is a personal mission of my own, and it's really hard. However it's still a lot easier than spending 2hrs at a gym every day burning off a bag of Doritos and a liter of Coke. Good luck

gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmaellex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm suprised nobody has mentioned to lift heavier weights. Going for higher reps/lower weight might burn some of the calories you're taking in, but if you can't afford food in the first place then why are you trying to burn more calories? why don't you just take in fewer calories?

As for affording food... Eggs are supposed to be cheap protein, and you can look for sale prices on chicken. Cheap canned tuna (but be mindful of eating too much due to mercury). Also buy beans in bulk and cook them yourself. Try and get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight daily.

Here's a thread on cheap protein: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121347191

maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do 30 min of cardio per day, 10 min before the weight lifting session to warm up, and then 20 min after the sessions of lifting. And as so far as i can see, this is working fine for me.