Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation Just Binged. Making Me Reconsider Cutting.

I'm kinda obsessed with losing fat. Pretty sure its dumb, and not healthy. Anyways, just binged on like 1600 calories over my limit for the day, and it's making me think "to hell with it" and just starting a bulk. However, I feel flabby, like I just need to lose a few more pounds to get rid of the flabbiness and I'll be good to go.

On the other hand, I've been going to the gym on and off for almost two years and have nothing to show for it! Why? The two times I've "bulked" I got too fat (in my mind, coming from a former fatty here) and I've decided to restrict calories in hope of losing weight. I've had a hard time sticking to that for too long too, so I've really gone no where. To top it off, I've been on the EC stack pretty much since August, with a few short breaks. Help me out here.

Opinions?

rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll be blunt as I feel it's best for you to hear it.. get over your eating disorder before it consumes you.

Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rivet0r View Post
    I'll be blunt as I feel it's best for you to hear it.. get over your eating disorder before it consumes you.
    Agreed. Is it wise to go from 750 under maintenance to 250 above maintenance right away to start getting somewhere?? I've thrown out all the EC **** I had as well, hopefully the next few days don't suck too bad...

gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [

hey man, I totally understand what you're going through! First, having a cheat day is ok and even needed psychologically. I only cut for like a month a half and when I stopped cutting I ate sooooo much for like 4 days, then I went back to normal. I actually think that it is not good to go on such restricted diets, so next time when i cut I will have to re-think how I'm going to do it so that it feels better.
    Now, from your pics you look really lean and ready to go on a clean bulk. I had the same fear as you, that I'd get fat when I bulked, so someone here recommended something called Anabolic Pump. What AP does is to direct your carbs to your muscles and to stop adipose fat from increasing, do a search in the supplement forum or on the internet. I got it and have been on it for a week and I'm really impressed with it.

Also, sometimes we get so focused on one part of our bodies (my stomach in my case) that we lose sight of the whole picture. You look lean from your pics, and you might need to put on some more muscle to have a more ripped or cut definition, that's the main reason I stopped cutting and started bulking, hopefully I'll look better on my next cut!

Hope this helps! and good luck!

rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shastic View Post
    Agreed. Is it wise to go from 750 under maintenance to 250 above maintenance right away to start getting somewhere?? I've thrown out all the EC **** I had as well, hopefully the next few days don't suck too bad...
    To be short, no.. it's not, calls for unnecessary fat gain. Ease into a bulk over a few weeks.. Diet is plenty to control your body fat, get rid of the EC as someone like yourself definitely doesn't need it. Get your head in check and follow your goals brotha, you'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by gusg View Post
    [

Hope this helps! and good luck!
    Originally Posted by rivet0r View Post
    To be short, no.. it's not, calls for unnecessary fat gain. Ease into a bulk over a few weeks.. Diet is plenty to control your body fat, get rid of the EC as someone like yourself definitely doesn't need it. Get your head in check and follow your goals brotha, you'll be good to go.
    Thanks for the advice guys. You both feel I should be easing into a bulk at this point? Seems like I need to drill that into my head. Bump up cals 250 a week is my plan.

gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50) gusg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice guys. You both feel I should be easing into a bulk at this point? Seems like I need to drill that into my head. Bump up cals 250 a week is my plan.
    250 per week might be too little, but I'm not knowledgeable in the subject. Maybe 500 calories, how many meals were you doing? maybe you can add one meal to your diet?

250 per week might be too little, but I'm not knowledgeable in the subject. Maybe 500 calories, how many meals were you doing? maybe you can add one meal to your diet?
    Haven't really had a set amount of meals, just getting 1950 calories a day with ~ 170g protein.

Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eat at maintenence for a couple weeks and see where you want to go from there. you could be having some hormonal issues from cutting for too long...

Originally Posted by Brad155 View Post
    eat at maintenence for a couple weeks and see where you want to go from there. you could be having some hormonal issues from cutting for too long...
    I could almost guarantee I'm having some hormonal issues at this point. Sleeping is kinda iffy, but that's probably EC. Libido is non-existant though, that worries me.

Jumping to maintenance (750 more calories a day) seems like instant fat gain?
    Last edited by Shastic; 01-16-2010 at 10:49 PM.

I could almost guarantee I'm having some hormonal issues at this point. Sleeping is kinda iffy, but that's probably EC. Libido is non-existant though, that worries me.
    Now that I'm bulking I sleep so much better! I was wondering about that...

How about you just start eating normally for like a week? no diet or anything, I did that for 4 days it felt good... then I wanted to go back to eating clean and working out

Now that I'm bulking I sleep so much better! I was wondering about that...

How about you just start eating normally for like a week? no diet or anything, I did that for 4 days it felt good... then I wanted to go back to eating clean and working out
    Yea, that would probably do my body good. Then I'd be all bloated and **** from the huge difference in food and I'd be like "I NEED TO CUT!!"

lol, screw my mentality on fat. I hate it.

Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000) Brad155 is a name known to all. (+5000)

thermodynamically speaking, it would be impossible to gain fat at maintenence calories, no matter how big a jump you made to it. but if you're worried about it, ease your way up to it adding cals back in throughout the week until you reach your target calories. the only way you would get noticeable fat gain is if you began binging.

thermodynamically speaking, it would be impossible to gain fat at maintenence calories, no matter how big a jump you made to it. but if you're worried about it, ease your way up to it adding cals back in throughout the week until you reach your target calories. the only way you would get noticeable fat gain is if you began binging.
    Wow, you're right. I'm such a believer in the numbers game that is calories too, that makes perfect sense. Maintenance it is.

that definately sounds like a hormonal issue. luckily, it bounces back quickly. in my opinion you should jump your calories right up to maintenece, and you wont gain fat, but your hormonal levels will normalize. trust me....you will notice....in the mornings especially lol. the most important thing is that you hit your maintenence calories and DONT binge again. as long as you dont binge you will not gain any fat. maybe a few pounds of water/glycogen

edit: also make sure that when you get up to maintenence, you are eating a balanced diet. ESPECIALLY FATS. do not forget to include plenty of healthy fats in your diet, at least .4-.5g per pound bodyweight. thats actually the number one reason for people having these problems, more so than reduced calories actually. they arent getting enough fats or carbs etc. also get yourself a good multivitamin and fish oil caps if you dont already, these will help greatly in improving your hormonal levels.
    Last edited by Brad155; 01-16-2010 at 11:08 PM.

that definately sounds like a hormonal issue. luckily, it bounces back quickly. in my opinion you should jump your calories right up to maintenece, and you wont gain fat, but your hormonal levels will normalize. trust me....you will notice....in the mornings especially lol. the most important thing is that you hit your maintenence calories and DONT binge again. as long as you dont binge you will not gain any fat. maybe a few pounds of water/glycogen
    Yea, that makes sense. Haha I hear you about the mornings, haven't noticed "that" in a while.

Yea, that makes sense. Haha I hear you about the mornings, haven't noticed "that" in a while.
    also check my edit in the post above

also check my edit in the post above
    Yup, thanks. Peanut butter and almonds here I come

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bro, I'm gonna be honest. You look pretty good, especially in the bottom right corner pic.

If you are currently cutting, just remain on your cut for a few more days. Then ease into a bulk by increasing cals GRADUALLY.

If you are currently bulking, get over it, accept the fact that it really doesn't matter in teh grand scheme of things and learn from your mistakes. On my last (and first) bulk, I had way too much fun and would cheat 1-3 times a week 1500+cals over my maintenance. Sure, I gained some muscle, but the fat gain MOTIVATED me to reset and DO IT RIGHT this time around. I've been on my 1st real proper bulk for 2 weeks and have not cheated once, because I've LEARNED and ACTED upon my mistakes.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Originally Posted by cpursx View Post
    Bro, I'm gonna be honest. You look pretty good, especially in the bottom right corner pic.

If you are currently cutting, just remain on your cut for a few more days. Then ease into a bulk by increasing cals GRADUALLY.

If you are currently bulking, get over it, accept the fact that it really doesn't matter in teh grand scheme of things and learn from your mistakes. On my last (and first) bulk, I had way too much fun and would cheat 1-3 times a week 1500+cals over my maintenance. Sure, I gained some muscle, but the fat gain MOTIVATED me to reset and DO IT RIGHT this time around. I've been on my 1st real proper bulk for 2 weeks and have not cheated once, because I've LEARNED and ACTED upon my mistakes.
    Yea, I hear you on the eating too much while bulking. I've had that happen all too often.

I'm going to eat at maintenance for at least a week and reevaluate what I'm doing afterwards, my body could use some rest and recovery I'm sure after what I've been doing to it.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yea, I hear you on the eating too much while bulking. I've had that happen all too often.

I'm going to eat at maintenance for at least a week and reevaluate what I'm doing afterwards, my body could use some rest and recovery I'm sure after what I've been doing to it.
    An EXCELLENT idea IMO.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aussie_James has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    SHUT THE **** UP YOUR ARE NOT ****ING FAT YOU HAVE VIRTUALLY NO ****ING FAT AND IF YOU CUT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL REPLY TO CHAIN LETTERS UNTIL NIGERIA BANK SENDS ME THE MONEY TO FLY TO AMERICA AND SLAP YOU FOR BEING AN IDIOT.

Sorry clean bulk is the way man just bump your cals up say 250 a day until you're eating enough over maintenence to gain weight, you probably will gain SOME fat but you can make it minimal and it will be so much more satisfying when you cut and your huge rather than cutting and just making yourself feel like **** and look like ****.

If you can't do that then seriously go see a doctor and get that **** checked out, also read this... this guy was anorexic and now look at him and he's only 14.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118440091
    Check out my cutting log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159494331

Originally Posted by Aussie_James View Post
    SHUT THE **** UP YOUR ARE NOT ****ING FAT YOU HAVE VIRTUALLY NO ****ING FAT AND IF YOU CUT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL REPLY TO CHAIN LETTERS UNTIL NIGERIA BANK SENDS ME THE MONEY TO FLY TO AMERICA AND SLAP YOU FOR BEING AN IDIOT.

Sorry clean bulk is the way man just bump your cals up say 250 a day until you're eating enough over maintenence to gain weight, you probably will gain SOME fat but you can make it minimal and it will be so much more satisfying when you cut and your huge rather than cutting and just making yourself feel like **** and look like ****.

If you can't do that then seriously go see a doctor and get that **** checked out, also read this... this guy was anorexic and now look at him and he's only 14.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118440091
    Lmao, told me what I needed to hear while making me laugh. Props sir.

No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000) No_Name_Guy is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

No You will not gain fat stop thinking that. If you eat alot one day and feel fat or look fat in the mirror wait tell tomorrow morning you won't be fat. Stop obsessing over this man, its not that hard. You can do this.
    :: NASM Certified Personal Trainer ::

MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MilesFi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bulk!

Originally Posted by No_Name_Guy View Post
    No You will not gain fat stop thinking that. If you eat alot one day and feel fat or look fat in the mirror wait tell tomorrow morning you won't be fat. Stop obsessing over this man, its not that hard. You can do this.
    Originally Posted by MilesFi View Post
    Bulk!
    Word, thanks brahs.

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need to get over your insecurities and gain weight. Well, that's if being big is your goal.
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That is a red flag that something is not going right. I have been there and back and am not having to spend months in the hospital and see doctors and endo's. I cut in the past over 110+lbs and I lost all my sex drive, I thought nothing of it, got my bloodwork just to be sure everything was ok, and found out that it was not. Test levels were low, and now I am facing real life. I may have a small tumor on my pituitary gland and I have to get an MRI to see how severe it may be, I have gone through over 30-40 tubes of bloodwork, urine samples etc.

Do yourself a favor and get your bloodwork done on Test levels (free and total) liver enzymes, and thyroid checked.

You have symptoms that may not be very good.

ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just ate a gigantic bowl of oatmeal and fapped. Going to jump in the shower and then go do some squats.

Bulk is good.

Seriously though, you need to eat and lift. You have to change your mindset from "I look fat" to "I'm so skinny I'm going to get my a$$ kicked". I've always had that opposite mindset. To call me skinny feels the same to me as telling someone overweight they are a fata$$.

Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    You need to get over your insecurities and gain weight. Well, that's if being big is your goal.
    It's part of the overall goal for sure.

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get your bloodwork done on Test levels (free and total) liver enzymes, and thyroid checked.

You have symptoms that may not be very good.
    I'll give it a week and see if things go back to normal when I've dropped the EC and I'm eating at maintenance. I had bloodwork done on test levels a bit over a month ago, they were fine (650 total I think, forgot free). Have not had my thyroid checked, is that worth looking into?

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    Seriously though, you need to eat and lift. You have to change your mindset from "I look fat" to "I'm so skinny I'm going to get my a$$ kicked". I've always had that opposite mindset. To call me skinny feels the same to me as telling someone overweight they are a fata$$.
    Yea, I do. It's tough since that fatness is engrained in me, but I'm going to work on changing that starting now.