shaunzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

torn acl, need upper body aerobics exercises

i have a possible torn ACL and am going in for my MRI in a month, if I have to go for surgery, I'll need some exercises to do at home to keep me in shape. I need some upper body aerobics exercises to do while I'm sitting bored at home so I won't gain more weight. Any help would be great! Thanks!

ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000) ztom04 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was in the same boat you were, I tore my acl in a football game my senior year. After surgery you won't feel like doing anything trust me. I just laid in bed and moved my knee around as much as I could to prepare myself for physical therapy. Once you are able to cruch around and drive hit up the gym and do upper body. You won't get fat, I started pt a week after surgery. Just work hard during pt and hit up the gym for some upper body.
    - Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.

- B.S Exercise Science

- DPT Student

- Follow me on ig for fitness posts @ZacheryAleksander

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can use an arm bike, or shorten the rest periods between your upper-body weight training sets.

IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maverick777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^ +1 I thought of arm bike before even clicking on this thread. Its great and while working in a couple physical therapy offices this summer it was an essential exercise for those with lower body complications

shaunzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats awesome, yea I'll definitely check that out, I'm still not able to walk and on crutches. Maybe when I am at least able to walk, I'll check out the arm bike at my gym and start doing some upper body workouts. But for now at home, are there any recommendations of what I can do to keep me from just sitting around until I can walk or drive to the gym?

drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) drpcnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat for what you are about to do, not for what you have already done.

if i don't know how to cut ,why would i be bold enough to bulk?

'Failure' isn't a requirement for growth, but progression is.

http://www.********.com/pages/Romans-fitness/193327960714025

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by shaunzo View Post
    thats awesome, yea I'll definitely check that out, I'm still not able to walk and on crutches. Maybe when I am at least able to walk, I'll check out the arm bike at my gym and start doing some upper body workouts. But for now at home, are there any recommendations of what I can do to keep me from just sitting around until I can walk or drive to the gym?
    Try the gold's gym upper and lower body cycle
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11030094
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Arm bike (upper body ergometer is the technical name), biking/cycling stationary bike, swimming

You can still lift weights with upper body. Body weight stuff like pullups, dips, etc works well.