Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Just got the results of my Gluten and Thyroid Tests -

Current issues:

Issue #1: Sensitivity to something in food that presents with aching joints and fatigue, not immediately but within 24-48 hours after - zaps energy completely, and can take up to a week to stabilize. My personal thought after researching? Gluten or wheat sensitivity.

Issues after that:

Energy Fluctuations, PMS symptoms occuring 2+ weeks each month, decreased appetite, constantly cold - except for when it's 2:30 in the morning and I wake up sweating. Difficulty losing weight, moody, irritable, constantly annoyed, quick adaptation to supplements. Summation: I've dealt with this for at least a couple years now. I'm more aware of it than I've ever been. My mother (a nurse) told me that my estrogen levels were too high and that my progesterone was too low, and that I should try 'Yaz.' Before going to that extreme, I went to get my Estrogen levels tested, and while I was there also my gluten and thyroid.

It's been two weeks and I finally got 2 of the 3 tests back. Supposedly the lab is backed up and it could take another couple weeks for the estrogen tests to come back. Annoyed? Yes. Here's why.

Test #1: Gluten (F79) IGE
    Results: <0.35 kU/L
    Class: 0
    Class 0 = Level of Allergen/Specific IGE Antibody: Absent / Undetectable.
    So my thought on this is that i didn't have any gluten in my system? Of course not. I don't eat wheat. Am I interpreting this wrong?

Test #2: Thyroid
    I'm calling this a bull**** test, because after researching through various resources, come to find out that it's almost impossible to have a doctor test a thyroid correctly. You decide.

Test Name: TSH, 3rd Generation
    In Range: 0.88
    Reference Range: > or = 20 Years 0.40 - 4.50

I am open to all sorts of interpretation here, and no I don't have a doctor. I'm self employed. That means no health insurance, and they require a 'deposit' before I can even talk to the doctor. Hence - interpretations, please.
    "The reality is that neither strength nor technique will adequately compensate for a considerable lack of the other.....Excellent technique and poor strength will produce a mediocre athlete; excellent strength and poor technique will produce a mediocre athlete. Neither can be neglected for the sake of developing the other, and the two must be developed in concert - " Greg Everett, Olympic Weightlifting

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tifferzzz View Post
    Current issues:

Issue #1: Sensitivity to something in food that presents with aching joints and fatigue, not immediately but within 24-48 hours after - zaps energy completely, and can take up to a week to stabilize. My personal thought after researching? Gluten or wheat sensitivity.

Issues after that:

Energy Fluctuations, PMS symptoms occuring 2+ weeks each month, decreased appetite, constantly cold - except for when it's 2:30 in the morning and I wake up sweating. Difficulty losing weight, moody, irritable, constantly annoyed, quick adaptation to supplements. Summation: I've dealt with this for at least a couple years now. I'm more aware of it than I've ever been. My mother (a nurse) told me that my estrogen levels were too high and that my progesterone was too low, and that I should try 'Yaz.' Before going to that extreme, I went to get my Estrogen levels tested, and while I was there also my gluten and thyroid.

It's been two weeks and I finally got 2 of the 3 tests back. Supposedly the lab is backed up and it could take another couple weeks for the estrogen tests to come back. Annoyed? Yes. Here's why.

Test #1: Gluten (F79) IGE
    Results: <0.35 kU/L
    Class: 0
    Class 0 = Level of Allergen/Specific IGE Antibody: Absent / Undetectable.
    So my thought on this is that i didn't have any gluten in my system? Of course not. I don't eat wheat. Am I interpreting this wrong?

Test #2: Thyroid
    I'm calling this a bull**** test, because after researching through various resources, come to find out that it's almost impossible to have a doctor test a thyroid correctly. You decide.

Test Name: TSH, 3rd Generation
    In Range: 0.88
    Reference Range: > or = 20 Years 0.40 - 4.50

I am open to all sorts of interpretation here, and no I don't have a doctor. I'm self employed. That means no health insurance, and they require a 'deposit' before I can even talk to the doctor. Hence - interpretations, please.
    I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease, so I can tell you that just because you don't eat wheat doesn't mean there's no gluten in your system. Derivatives from wheat can be found in the most unusual places (trust me - I'm finding out the hard way!). Read the label on your protein powder - my old one had wheat in it - had to switch brands. Do you eat flaxseeds or any other types of flour? Cause cross-contamination at milling factories can happen easily and often. Other unsuspecting places I've found gluten: turkey bacon, creamed spinach (should've seen that one coming), soy sauce, condiments, breaded proteins, salad croutons, protein powders, the list goes on and on.

Gluten is found in any product derived from wheat, rye or barley. So even things like beer will have gluten in it. Read the ingredient labels - one big sneaker is barley malt - that's a no-no, but is used in many 'healthier' foods like Kashi cereals and Clif Bars.
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000) mdmass06 is just really nice. (+1000)
    as far as they thyroid tests go, I have graves disease which was found in my tsh blood work, after my blood work to be on the hyper end, I was referred out to a endocrinologist and also had a thyroid uptake scan to see how well my thyroid operated. So yeah without that bloodwork I never would have known.
    Native warrior on the streets and in the sheets.

get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250) get_hype has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have Celiac's or just want to go gluten-free, your best bet is to speak to a nutritionist at least once. They can advise you on replacement foods and ways to get anything you will be missing by skipping out on bread and the like.

I was just posting about this in another thread, but my former roommate was diagnosed with Celiac's after being sick for a long time. Basically eating gluten was preventing her body from absorbing nutrients in anything else she was eating, leaving her feeling sick (like, TMI kinds of sick, haha), lethargic, etc and having no idea why.

Luckily, it's pretty easy these days to stay gluten free - most restaurants and grocery stores label gluten-free food for you - once you have an idea of what you can't eat.

"Bob's Red Mill :: Cereals :: GF Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal" (can google that) is a good replacement if you are used to eating oatmeal.
    The obstacle ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.

msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I remember in my clinical course, TSH is the best marker of thyroid function. And yours is in the normal range (my numbers say 0.6-0.4 but no matter, you're within that)

A little trial and error with a Gluten free diet, then switching back to gluten might tell you something about your tolerance for it.
    "Look at yourself in the mirror each morning before you go to the gym; that's the guy you want to beat every time."
    Bench: 5x235
    Squat: 5x275
    Deadlift: 5x315
    ***Gettingitdun17 "You don't bench 245" crew***

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I understand your frustration. It would seem you are intolerant to something, as opposed to allergic. There are no foolproof tests for intolerances. Elimination diets work best. Your problem could be anything, a dye, sulfates, sulfites, salicylic acid, corn, soy, milk protein, gluten, etc. What I'd do is research elimination diets and get on one. They are extremely limiting, but they can help a great deal.