ckeller825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can't lose the weight/inches

Hi all -

New to this forum, but decided to post b/c I'm beyond frustrated and need some solid advice. I'll try to give as much information as possible.

My main goal is to lose body fat and basically try to attain the body of Stacy Keibler by April 15 (for my vacation in Miami).

I'm 5'9", and I measurements to date are 34-29-40. I typically wear a size US 6/Designer 28 in jeans.

I started working out since November 2009, 4 days a week, and since Thanksgiving day, I decided to measure my entire body w/measuring tape, then weighed myself (150.1 at the time), and decided to keep track on a month-to-month basis.

I go to the gym 4 times a week right after work, and then on Saturday at home:

*Mondays and Wednesdays*
    - Leg press, Quads, and Hamstrings (3 sets of 15 on 50 lb weights)
    - Elliptical for 25 minutes on intervals (Target HR @ 144)
    - Running on Treadmill for 2 miles at 5 mph, 12 minute mile

*Tuesdays and Thursdays*
    - Core Class (30 minute class that focuses on abs and upper body strength)
    - Running on treadmill for 2 miles at 5 mph, 12 minute mile

*Saturday*
    - Running at home on treadmill for 2 miles at 5 mph, 12 minute mile

As for eating, I'm trying to eat healthy. My typical day is the following:

*Breakfast*
    - Omelet containing 4 egg whites, half an egg yolk, 1/2 cup of spinach, on top of a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 toasted bread with 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter (sometimes I will eat steel cut oats with 1 tbsp natural reduced fat smuckers PB)

*Mid-Morning snack*
    - medium apple or bosc pear

*Lunch*
    - Spinach leaf salad (3 cups) with a can of tuna (water drained) and Newmans Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (2 tbsp)

*Mid-Afternoon Snack*
    - Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt w/1 tbsp Almond Meal mixed in, or a bag of 94% fat free popcorn

*Dinner*
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Spinach leaf salad (2 cups) with Newmans Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (2 tbsp), and about 1.5 cups of seedless grapes

I've been eating this way for about 1 month, or at least aiming for 1300 calories a day, and I've been working out this way since November 4th. I just measured myself a couple of weeks ago, and I went down .5 - 1 inch everywhere (upper thigh, arms, chest) and 2 inches around my belly button. My waist has stayed the same, along with my mid thigh area, and my calve muscles increased about .5 inches.

I'm not looking to get bigger, but smaller and tighter. However, today I measured myself out of curiosity and I gained .5 - 1 inch everywhere except for around my belly button. Not sure if it's just water weight, but I'm beyond frustrated and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. I want to drop a pant size, and drop my body fat to 20% (if that's even possible in 3 months). My jeans also feel like they don't fit as well anymore. They're getting tighter and I can't increase in jean size or my legs will begin to look HUGE (I have a longer torso and shorter legs).

What am I doing wrong? My weight goal is 140, but I'm focusing more on fat loss than anything. Should I do more cardio or weights? Should I change my diet?

pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pinkhun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe your not eating enough cals???

I eat 1300 to loose fat (not gain)

Charlotte
    www.catonaspoon.co.uk

fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ckeller825 View Post
    Hi all -

New to this forum, but decided to post b/c I'm beyond frustrated and need some solid advice. I'll try to give as much information as possible.

My main goal is to lose body fat and basically try to attain the body of Stacy Keibler by April 15 (for my vacation in Miami).

I'm 5'9", and I measurements to date are 34-29-40. I typically wear a size US 6/Designer 28 in jeans.

I started working out since November 2009, 4 days a week, and since Thanksgiving day, I decided to measure my entire body w/measuring tape, then weighed myself (150.1 at the time), and decided to keep track on a month-to-month basis.

*Mondays and Wednesdays*

*Tuesdays and Thursdays*

*Saturday*

*Breakfast*
    - Omelet containing 4 egg whites, half an egg yolk, 1/2 cup of spinach, on top of a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 toasted bread with 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter (sometimes I will eat steel cut oats with 1 tbsp natural reduced fat smuckers PB)

*Mid-Morning snack*

*Lunch*
    - Spinach leaf salad (3 cups) with a can of tuna (water drained) and Newmans Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (2 tbsp)

*Mid-Afternoon Snack*
    - Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt w/1 tbsp Almond Meal mixed in, or a bag of 94% fat free popcorn

*Dinner*
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, Spinach leaf salad (2 cups) with Newmans Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (2 tbsp), and about 1.5 cups of seedless grapes

I've been eating this way for about 1 month, or at least aiming for 1300 calories a day, and I've been working out this way since November 4th. I just measured myself a couple of weeks ago, and I went down .5 - 1 inch everywhere (upper thigh, arms, chest) and 2 inches around my belly button. My waist has stayed the same, along with my mid thigh area, and my calve muscles increased about .5 inches.

I'm not looking to get bigger, but smaller and tighter. However, today I measured myself out of curiosity and I gained .5 - 1 inch everywhere except for around my belly button. Not sure if it's just water weight, but I'm beyond frustrated and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. I want to drop a pant size, and drop my body fat to 20% (if that's even possible in 3 months). My jeans also feel like they don't fit as well anymore. They're getting tighter and I can't increase in jean size or my legs will begin to look HUGE (I have a longer torso and shorter legs).

What am I doing wrong? My weight goal is 140, but I'm focusing more on fat loss than anything. Should I do more cardio or weights? Should I change my diet?

Based on your stats and activity level your maintenance calories are around 2340 calories per day so you are definitely eating too little! Your body is not going to drop fat this way.

You should be aiming for around 1800 calories per day. Increase gradually so your body has a chance to get used to the added calories. You should find that you have more energy and feel better. As you lose fat you may find that you have to decrease calories to continue to lose but no need to do this until you really have to!

I'd add a protein source to your mid-morning snack and either increase the size of your afternoon snack or have an evening snack (containing fats/ proteins rather than carbs).

In terms of your workout, you are doing a lot of cardio! On Mondays and Wednesdays I'd really push yourself with the intervals and then no need to do steady state stuff afterwards.

Stick with your core class if you want to but on your other weight training days try to focus on compound moves like squats, lunges and deadlifts rather than just using the leg press. Use as heavy weights as you can with good form and aim to increase them gradually over time.

It is good that you are using a tape measure to gauge progress as this is a lot more reliable than the scale. You can lose fat without losing much (if any) scale weight but your clothes should start fitting better and you will be losing inches. Chuck out the idea of a 'weight goal' and instead aim to get to a place where you feel happy about your body when you look in the mirror.

Also try not to put a time limit on things as changes do happen gradually and it is important to stick at it to really see results. If you are consistent with a good diet and exercise regime, you will definitely see some positive changes in 3 months.

Good luck with achieving your goals!

inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you aren't losing weight it's your diet. I don't completely buy the starvation mode thing.

I think your exercise routine could be improved upon. Try reading new rules of lifting for women or the big book of exercises by women's health magazine. I never got any results from machines or exercise classes. Stick with what the other commenter said = lunges, squats, deadlifts, presses etc. Most exercises can be done with your body weight alone.

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its really important to eat protien at least every three hours. If you dont, your body will go into a catabolic state and turn everything you eat into fat, while breaking down muscle. Eat more as well. If your maitainance is 2300, then you minus 500 cals to get what you should be eating to lose weight.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi all -

*Mondays and Wednesdays*

*Tuesdays and Thursdays*

*Saturday*

*Breakfast*

*Mid-Morning snack*

*Lunch*

*Mid-Afternoon Snack*

*Dinner*

You're at a 1000 cal deficit! That is nuts. Your stats indicate an underweight person. I think you need to post up some picts for a sanity check.

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all -

*Mondays and Wednesdays*

*Tuesdays and Thursdays*

*Saturday*

*Breakfast*

*Mid-Morning snack*

*Lunch*

*Mid-Afternoon Snack*

*Dinner*

You're not eating enough. I think the Newman's lowfat dressings have too much sugar in them.

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You're at a 1000 cal deficit! That is nuts. Your stats indicate an underweight person. I think you need to post up some picts for a sanity check.
    um... i've got to disagree that 5'9" and 150lbs is "underweight".

however, i do think you're under eating. this isn't going to make you lose weight faster but it might cause your body to sacrifice muscle as you lose weight. i think -500 cals from your maintenance is a good place to start.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Holly2710 View Post
    Its really important to eat protien at least every three hours. If you dont, your body will go into a catabolic state and turn everything you eat into fat, while breaking down muscle..
    Broscience.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Broscience.
    Jesus Christ, I couldn't have said it better myself...

Even if not eating protein every 3 hours did send you into catabolic state (completely unfounded), where do you get that while in a catabolic state you will turn calories into fat while simultaneously breaking down muscle?

Do you know why your body breaks down muscle while in a catabolic state?

Do you know under what circumstances your body converts calories to stored fat?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Broscience.
    lol...^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)