Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10) NeedPerfection is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile How to get rid of stretch marks?

I have these real bad stretch marks on both of my thighs from growth spurt a few years ago. I doubt creams really effectively work. I don't plan on getting surgery right away, but how much does it cost for me to get rid of stretch marks and what's the procedure.

Does anyone have advice on how to get rid of stretch marks and surgery removal?

missbee09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NeedPerfection View Post
    I have these real bad stretch marks on both of my thighs from growth spurt a few years ago. I doubt creams really effectively work. I don't plan on getting surgery right away, but how much does it cost for me to get rid of stretch marks and what's the procedure.

i had the same thing from when i was a kid/gaining a lot of weight fast as a kid. sorry i can't tell you about the procedure, but i know that pure vitamin E cream actually does help to reduce the appearance significantly. i had really intense red scar looking ones that are now basically gone.

good luck with finding about the procedure though =]

Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My doctor suggested 'hitting them with a laser' but he was talking about new ones, not sure if they do laser surgery for old ones?

andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10) andy_lee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm currently using a dermaroller on mine but it's supposed to take some time before it works. I'll tell you all if it works. I certainly hope it does something.

jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jacktharipper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have stretch marks on my right thigh currently, because after severely injuring my left ankle I continued to use my right leg for EVERYTHING. Ive heard that pure vitamin E is supposed to significantly reduce the appearance.

mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000) mozza18 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wear them proud!!!.

if not, their many creams out their that lessen the appearance of them..

allen-sarah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try Bio-Oil. You can get it at Walgreens or anywhere. It is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of new and old stretch marks. It's not that expensive either.

sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarahkay_3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NeedPerfection View Post

I was working at a dermatologist's a few years ago after my last pregnancy and I had really horrible stretch marks on my thighs( about 3" long, between 1/8 and 1/2" across, dark purple, all the way around my thighs) and I asked how to get rid of them...She told me that I could have a chemical peel and essentially have some of the damaged skin sanded down, or have it actually removed, stretched and pulled and stiched back, but then I'd have a long line of sutures. Neither sounded appealing, and I had nothing done. Within a year the color was more silvery and the skin was softer, now(4 years later) they are almost invisible to the naked eye.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I developed stretch marks on my knees when I had my height spurt as a teen. I also have some under my arms from lifting. But I actually like my scars, and think they're cool looking. Women need more scars IMO, and to feel good about them.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    I developed stretch marks on my knees when I had my height spurt as a teen. I also have some under my arms from lifting. But I actually like my scars, and think they're cool looking. Women need more scars IMO, and to feel good about them.
    You just became the coolest woman on here!

I got them on my boobs, hip bones/sides, inner thighs and behind my knees at the age of 13-14. I was horrified. Honestly now...I kind forget they are even there. They are WAY less noticeable now than when they were new and "fresh" and honestly, if you do a tanning lotion or spray tan, I think you can't even see them at all.
    Hard work = Hard body.

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think they are a part of life. As a mom of three I have stretch marks on my stomach and thighs. I will never loose those marks..hopefully the loose skin can go sometime!

I've read that with time they will diminish Make sure to moisturize. I know with a tan they seem less but I wouldn't make that a real tan as that will damage your skin even worse in the long run.

evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bio oil go get it

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post

i got em on my knees as well from growth spurt thats why i never liked wearing shorts...and i have a few on muh butt. Hubby calls em tiger stripes...or roads to heaven lol hes a dork

luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50) luv2pump will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you use actual vitamin e oil from those capsules?
    Last edited by luv2pump; 01-17-2010 at 12:07 AM.
    “Why do you stay in prison when the door is wide open? ” — Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Persian poet and mystic

getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by luv2pump View Post
    I don't think this will work. but if you can get vitamin E from any other sources might help you. You can also use the cream called Revitol Stretch Marks Cream. It might help you.

LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000) LaDonnaMF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone use the Sti Vectin? Expensive.... been eyeing it but didn't want to be ripped off... bio oil has not worked much for me...

QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QueCono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP, stretch marks are a bitch to get rid of. In my experience, its impossible. I have tried everything apart from laser (which is not even guaranteed to completely get rid of them) From what I have read, over-the-counter products are not strong enough to penetrate to the layer of skin where the stretch marks are. What I would say to you is, stop caring, most of us have them.
    brb moving to Manchester

"when i gain weight it goes to my nipple" -lift_heavy20

ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    use coconut oil....

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If stretch marks are very deep, nothing apart from laser would help.
    Strivectin does work on stretch marks that are not too deep - I got rid of mine on the chest in about two months of twice a day use.
    Bio-oil, vit E oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil would help to soften the look of them, however, using these oils is very good for prevention as they keep the skin hydrated and supple therefore less prone to stretch marks.

getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getridstretch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ziesha001 View Post
    use coconut oil....
    Does coconut really works out for stretchmarks? This looks affordable.

I_dare_U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Streach marks are aweful...I was 205lbs at one point and now at 151 I was left with streach marks all over. I use coco butter and I tan once a week! It has made them blend in more...I love it. I have also heard that vitamin E will help as well! Good luck hope I could help! GO HARD!
    *IMP0$$IBLE*

Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ang123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by luv2pump View Post
    Yes you can use vitamin E from capsules or you can buy small bottles of Vit. E. Just get the natural Vit E because the more commonly available synthetic Vit E doesn't work on stretch marks.

LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LaBellaVita1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fair sure there is no cure for stretch marks.. I do have bio oil at home but whether it works or not is a mystery.
    ...You're half a world away.. but in my mind I whisper every single word you say...

Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know about completely getting rid of them but you can always reduce their appearance or prevent them by using vitamin E, coco butter or any time of oils (rubbing olive oil is actually one of the best ways to go). You can always spray tan the area-it evens out the colors and it makes them disappear for awhile.

PS: Honestly, I think you should be proud of them regardless!

barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you have to rub aloe vera gel on your stretch marks. Aloe vera has natural healing properties so your skin will be better able to heal itself. Choose pure aloe vera gel that is free of fragrances or dyes. If it contains added components, it may irritate sensitive skin. Cocoa butter is also beneficial in treating stretch marks. Apply it two times a day, in the morning as well as in the evening, over the affected area. This would help remove the marks.

MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10) MadeinSpring is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    during the morning id mix some bio oil with my daily moisturizer, night i use bio oil alone. Ive been doing this for the past 3 yrs or so, it works to prevent and get rid of the existing ones [ side of my buttocks]

UgtaBkdNme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chemical peels, or retinol A creams

zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To be honest I don't think anything exists that will ever make them go away completely besides having them surgically removed. I use pure cocoa butter all over my body. And I do mean the real unrefined stuff that is organic and smells like chocolate, not that Palmers crap. I have been doing this for years. Did not stop me from getting stretch marks on my belly from my second child (did not get them with my first and she was bigger, and I gained more weight with her. Go figure.)

I think you will eventually just have to live with them and wear them proudly like I do. Mine are very short, and over the years have dramatically decreased in appearance. I think with more cutting and as my skin becomes more taut, they will look even better. I'm not stressing it

taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) taher123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This bio oil thing really work? Tried coconut cream before and it didnt work

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't ever fully get rid of stretch marks. There are products that can help them fade faster though..
    Who cares? They're just stretch marks, almost everyone has them