destro78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

String bean calves...lol

I am 6ft 243lbs (trying to drop some fat) my upper body has always been somewhat large, but when it comes to my calves...there are extremely small. Are there any exercises that can spread them out? I think I may have inherited this from my dad who was 6'8 and a huge guy, but had skinny/slim calves. Am I doomed??? lol
    Be Blessed ; )

Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000) Moreno13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    no , I do calves everyday and they look much better now .

smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000) smck420 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I noticed my calves growing/getting defined best when i started running a lot.

i think that's the key for people who don't have calves that easily respond to lifting.

jump rope would probably give you good results as well, and both running and jump rope would help you lose weight and allow you to do nice balances of steady state and hiit.

Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swerdz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    nobody has said seated calf raises yet. If you do those once a week at 10-8-6 reps it will give you some fat ass calves. BUT the first time you do it go for 12-15 reps or it will hurt to walk. I like my rock hard tree trunk calves.

kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaplanfx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by destro78 View Post
    I am 6ft 243lbs (trying to drop some fat)
    If you are trying to drop some fat, does this mean you are in a calorie deficit, or just 'thinking' about it.

my upper body has always been somewhat large, but when it comes to my calves...there are extremely small. Are there any exercises that can spread them out? I think I may have inherited this from my dad who was 6'8 and a huge guy, but had skinny/slim calves. Am I doomed??? lol
    If you are in a deficit, you aren't going to see much in the way of size gains. Since you have extra fat on you, you can probably have some success, but nothing compared to what you would have if you eat a caloric excess.

-kap
    Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kenpo1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smck420 View Post

i think that's the key for people who don't have calves that easily respond to lifting.

jump rope would probably give you good results as well, and both running and jump rope would help you lose weight and allow you to do nice balances of steady state and hiit.
    Agreed! Running (specifically hills and bleachers) as well as jump rope has done more for my calves than lifting.

destro78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smck420 View Post

thanks, I will give it a try!!

Originally Posted by Swerdz View Post
    nobody has said seated calf raises yet. If you do those once a week at 10-8-6 reps it will give you some fat ass calves. BUT the first time you do it go for 12-15 reps or it will hurt to walk. I like my rock hard tree trunk calves.
    I have done seated raises, but I guess I need to add more weight? which is confusing asI am trying to drop weight and body fat.

Originally Posted by kaplanfx View Post
    If you are trying to drop some fat, does this mean you are in a calorie deficit, or just 'thinking' about it.

If you are in a deficit, you aren't going to see much in the way of size gains. Since you have extra fat on you, you can probably have some success, but nothing compared to what you would have if you eat a caloric excess.

-kap
    Please forgive me as I am a true NOOB, but you mean basically am I eating less calories then what is needed, right? Right now I am doing a shake in the moring, some toast, then I workout and have a shake and lunch, run about a mile then have dinner, all while trying to drink as much water as I can
    Be Blessed ; )

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you might find that as you weight decreases the true shape of your thigh and calf muscles will begin to show through.

i have trained around guys who's calves look nothing special offseason because there bodyfat goes up and there quads look massive..yet once they diet down for competition all the definition comes through on the soleus and the muscle seperation gives a great illusion of size.

ensure you train them or when you start getting cut you will find there is nothing there to show off.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricG71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try working them a few times a week in a split i.e Legs+Calves Day one than mix them in at the end of a chest day or something like that. Works nicely for me.