uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which muscles to train together - new routine

Hi I am 37 been working out consistently for the last year or so and making slow but steady gains, mainly due to the consistency of workouts, good nutrition and quitting drinking/smoking (Before that I worked out and boxed so kept in reasonably good shape but wasn´t really gaining much muscle).
    Anyway my workout routine was a 3 day split,
    group1 Chest, shoulders, triceps
    group 2 Legs/calves, Abs
    group 3 Back, bis (pullups, rows, deadlifts, traps)
    I would have 2/3 days off during the week.
    I just started a 4 day split but then came across this article put (I havent posted enough to put the actual link with the w´s)
    buildingmuscleworldwide.com/mbb/which-muscles-should-you-train-together
    "The common belief that training chest with triceps and back with biceps is ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT" (read article for details)
    and suggests the following:
    CHEST with BICEPS/FOREARMS
    BACK with TRICEPS
    SHOULDERS with TRAPS
    LEGS with CORE (see article for rest intervals)

If I do this workout routine instead of my old routine given the rest/nutrition stays the same (or ibetter) Will I see noticeable differences/benefit?

Thanks

Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob45 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are a lot of people that have great success with push/pull/legs. I find it hard to believe it would be incorrect. I never liked it myself. I like to be fresh as I can to lift as much as I can. There is so much shoulder and tri in the bench it brings those numbers down a lot. Doesn't mean it won't work just don't care for it. I like something like day1 Chest/bi's, day2 legs, rest, day3 shoulder's/tri's, day4 back, rest, rest. That is when I am doing splits.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Personally, I prefer:

1. Back / Traps
    2. Chest & Shoulders
    3. Legs / Calves
    4. Arms

Where you put your core work is up to you. But many people like to put biceps on their back or chest day, and triceps on their chest or back day. I honestly don't believe that going one way or the other is going to make or break you. You have to do a bit of experimentation and see what works best for you.

If you choose to put biceps on your back day (for example), but then find that by the time you get to biceps you aren't giving them an effective workout, then change it up. There is not one "perfect" solution that is right for everyone.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10) uhjin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the advice. I was always doing chest/shoulders/tris in the 3 day split but in the new 4 day split
    1. chest/tris
    2. upper Back/bis/abs
    4. Shoulders, deadlifts, traps.
    3. Legs
    The first thing I noticed is how much better it felt to work the shoulders on a seperate day to chest, and how I could work them harder.

I might give the Chest/Bis, Back/bis combo a try anyway just to be different as I really havent changed my routine much mainly because it was working - albeit slow.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by uhjin View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was always doing chest/shoulders/tris in the 3 day split but in the new 4 day split
    1. chest/tris
    2. upper Back/bis/abs
    4. Shoulders, deadlifts, traps.
    3. Legs
    The first thing I noticed is how much better it felt to work the shoulders on a seperate day to chest, and how I could work them harder.

I might give the Chest/Bis, Back/bis combo a try anyway just to be different as I really havent changed my routine much mainly because it was working - albeit slow.

Just a "something to think on" here. IMO, it's more important to change exercises then it is to rearrange routines. If you're simply going to hit the leg press on Tuesday's after chest now instead of Friday's after arms, so what? Use some exercises you've neglected to use for awhile. They're new and so is the challange.

Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    Just a "something to think on" here. IMO, it's more important to change exercises then it is to rearrange routines. If you're simply going to hit the leg press on Tuesday's after chest now instead of Friday's after arms, so what? Use some exercises you've neglected to use for awhile. They're new and so is the challange.
    Thanks, yeah I am gonna change up the exercises as well just thought a routine change was due as well.