daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)

BCAAs and pregnancy

anyone know why the bottle says not to use, or to consult w a doctor, before using in pregnancy? i thought they are just building blocks of protein ..wouldnt amino acids be a good thing to provide to a growing fetus?
    im not expecting many ppl here to provide a good answer on this but you never know who lurks the boards tx

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those warnings seem to exist on just about every supplement I have used (including multis). So I wonder if that's just a blanket "cya" attempt?

~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    anyone know why the bottle says not to use, or to consult w a doctor, before using in pregnancy? i thought they are just building blocks of protein ..wouldnt amino acids be a good thing to provide to a growing fetus?
    im not expecting many ppl here to provide a good answer on this but you never know who lurks the boards tx
    Pretty much every product has that warning. The last thing a company wants is for a women who lost a baby to blame it on them.

I came across this and it's not a bad idea to run it by your doctor first as with anything.

To date, the medical literature has not reported any adverse effects related to fetal development during pregnancy or to infants who are breast-fed. Yet little is known about the use of this dietary supplement while pregnant or breast-feeding. Therefore, it is recommended that you inform your healthcare practitioner of any dietary supplements you are using while pregnant or breast-feeding.

Registered User NormanLUnderwoo's Avatar
    NormanLUnderwoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Yes..You must consult your doctor before you take some any kind of med or drugs..
    That is why there is a pregnancy doctors..

Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000) Joelsopher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daviess View Post
    I believe it would be the additives my friend.

Let alone the amount of BCAA you are getting in each dose you take of AGENT-M, or XTEND, or any other BCAA product.

Remember, whatever you intake, your little baby inside you is taking in as well!

I would recommend consulting a doctor with any supplement, even protein. The reason i say protein because unless its strictly 100% protein with no additives, that protein might have something in it that with effect your babies growth, or otherwise, who knows what could happen.

Hope my input does you well!

Cheers!

N44305750 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Not ok during pregnancy

The reason for this is because high levels of BCAA in children under the age of 12 have been shown to sometimes cause retardation and mental damage. An unborn fetus or nursing child can inadvertently consume extra levels of BCAA through any kind of nutrition passed from the mother to the child during the pregnancy or nursing stages. This is why it has become a general rule for medical professionals to recommend that women who are pregnant or nursing not take any kind of BCAA supplement.