Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    You know whats funny?

I'd say 50% of the MBA students at my school are Engineers.
    Yeah I've read statistics like that before. The degree will propel those engineers who have into management positions. I wouldn't mind taking a similar path. Engineer for my young career -> management when I'm older.

LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You know whats funny?

I took a practice GMAT today on the computer before i begin studying..Got a 400 LOL.

I have to get a 540 to get in. Ruh Roh

Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LiveOnce View Post
    I took a practice GMAT today on the computer before i begin studying..Got a 400 LOL.

I have to get a 540 to get in. Ruh Roh
    Study using past GMAT questions. Went from a 590 my first time to mid-upper 600's in about 2 weeks. I have yet to take the test though because obviously I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. You can have a pretty big jump once you get the style of questions down

LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jp8811 View Post
    Study using past GMAT questions. Went from a 590 my first time to mid-upper 600's in about 2 weeks. I have yet to take the test though because obviously I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. You can have a pretty big jump once you get the style of questions down
    Thanks for the advice, repped. I know Im smarter than a 400 lol. The test was weird cause i havent seen that math in years, so i was almost guessing on most questions. I too have no idea what i want to do. Thought I wanted to be a financial advisor, but that is about 10 or so years away.

I think i want to work in a bank as a personal banker while going to grad school for MBA. IDK tho

rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000) rotatoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im postgrad engineering (electrical)

I think its too much hard work for not enough pay-off. but the work is creative at least. And people will still sit beside you at dinner parties

Unlike with accounting (from what i hear)... Not very creative but probably better pay/effort ratio

If you can stand a semi-boring job with good money go accounting imo... If you hate repetitive work be an engineer

flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Engineering undergrad + MBA = license to print money

Accounting = money as well, but not as interesting as engineering (at least for me)

Seriously though, do engineering. Much more enjoyable than accounting, plus there are LOTS of different specializations in engineering.

wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by mriches View Post

Awesome thing about engineering right now, is that in the next 10-15 years there is going to be a huge shortage because all of the baby boomers will be retiring. This will force employers to promote the engineers of our generation to management positions, so we'll all be making hella bank in our early 30's.
    The whole Baby Boomer deal, you can say the same basic thing about most careers at this point.

Accounting is an easier major I would assume, however there is also better money for the most part except for the first few years. Average is probably similar, but accounting has a much higher potential.

Its not going to be flooded, what assumption do you base that on? Demand for accountants is always high, its a very secure field.

Just another disgruntled engineering student mad he puts in 3 times the effort and studying than a business student and trying to justify it to himself?

sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sohard88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Accounting is about the last thing I would want to major in. I didn't think of accounting as being about numbers, more about memorizing Accounting Principles. The math is all very elementary but it gets extremely annoying when your Balance sheet is off because of one mistake.

olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000) olazabal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know whats funny?

Their work pays for them to get their MBA.
    May all your gains be long term
    May all your losses be ordinary
    May all your deductions be for AGI

Originally Posted by rotatoo View Post
    Im postgrad engineering (electrical)

I think its too much hard work for not enough pay-off. but the work is creative at least. And people will still sit beside you at dinner parties

Unlike with accounting (from what i hear)... Not very creative but probably better pay/effort ratio

If you can stand a semi-boring job with good money go accounting imo... If you hate repetitive work be an engineer
    Interesting. I'm just wondering, what is it that you get to do that's so creative? If it's what I'm imagining, it's probably awesome.

Originally Posted by flamingdragon View Post
    Engineering undergrad + MBA = license to print money

Accounting = money as well, but not as interesting as engineering (at least for me)

Seriously though, do engineering. Much more enjoyable than accounting, plus there are LOTS of different specializations in engineering.
    I would like to pursue my MBA if I went the engineering route. This is assuming that an MBA still has a value in 10 years. With MBAs becoming a dime a dozen, this may not be the case.

Originally Posted by wannabepl47 View Post
    The whole Baby Boomer deal, you can say the same basic thing about most careers at this point.

Accounting is an easier major I would assume, however there is also better money for the most part except for the first few years. Average is probably similar, but accounting has a much higher potential.

Its not going to be flooded, what assumption do you base that on? Demand for accountants is always high, its a very secure field.

Just another disgruntled engineering student mad he puts in 3 times the effort and studying than a business student and trying to justify it to himself?
    Accounting is definitely good money. I don't think anyone can argue that. And at this point I would probably get a better ROI if I went the Accounting route. But like one poster said, time also has value, and that's where the engineering degree has accounting beat (that and less repetitiveness?).

Originally Posted by sohard88 View Post
    Accounting is about the last thing I would want to major in. I didn't think of accounting as being about numbers, more about memorizing Accounting Principles. The math is all very elementary but it gets extremely annoying when your Balance sheet is off because of one mistake.
    Yeah I don't doubt accounting isn't the most thrilling thing.

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AltCtrlDel View Post
    Don't pick Eng as your undergrad. itll most likely **** your GPA up. so if you end up no liking it and decide to change career at some point then you're very limited.

1. Pick easy undergrad that YOU enjoy (psycolohy, nutrition, music etc)
    2. work for some years then get mba, JD, MD
    for MD i'd agree, an engg degree is a waste. but for Law an engg degree is very useful (that's what I'm doing) and it doesn't sound like you even know what an MBA is for. You need an established career before you should even get one and engineering to MBA is a much better choice than history to MBA.

Originally Posted by Zoupa View Post
    for MD i'd agree, an engg degree is a waste. but for Law an engg degree is very useful (that's what I'm doing) and it doesn't sound like you even know what an MBA is for. You need an established career before you should even get one and engineering to MBA is a much better choice than history to MBA.
    I agree

AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AltCtrlDel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Zoupa View Post
    I think we understood at this point that if you're unsure about picking a career and sticking with it, don't pick a professional undergrad, they tend to be difficult and you might not end up liking them. That's why you see eng's going into MBA 'cuz they never knew what they wanted other than the P.Eng title. it's the same with MD that is why they have pre-meds and only like 10% make it before quitting.

-Your salary in Eng will peak at ~10 years somewhere at low six figures. Engineering is not as rewarding if youre just looking for $$$
    -You need more schooling if you want to move up or switch careers

Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zoupa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think we understood at this point that if you're unsure about picking a career and sticking with it, don't pick a professional undergrad, they tend to be difficult and you might not end up liking them. That's why you see eng's going into MBA 'cuz they never knew what they wanted other than the P.Eng title. it's the same with MD that is why they have pre-meds and only like 10% make it before quitting.

-Your salary in Eng will peak at ~10 years somewhere at low six figures. Engineering is not as rewarding if youre just looking for $$$
    If you don't know what you want to do, you may as well graduate with something useful. I chose Mec E because it's one of the most versatile and useful degrees out there. If I get a JD I'll be in a position to do patent litigation, something that most lawyers can't really (which is why it's the most in demand and lucrative field of law).

And engineers don't go into MBA's to switch career paths. They do it (usually) in order to move into management.

KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OSUeng View Post
    Engineering > Accounting.. you'll prob make less money but you will have more fun building things instead of crunching numbers/auditing.
    FALSE..get your facts sraight sir. Engineering is the highest paying 4 year degree you can get.

KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10) KRD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jp8811 View Post
    Misc decide for me. Back to school for accounting would take about 1.5 years and I could probably work alongside it. Engineering would take about 2.5 years and I couldn't work full time along it cause well, I'm not that smart. I think accounting would have a higher ceiling when it comes to pay, but with all the new accountants, I fear the market getting flooded.

Or law school or Med school.
    If you're smart enough to make it through law school, med school, or engineering why would you even consider accounting? Just my 2 cents...

I think it would be a lot better to pick a professional degree. If you don't like Accounting you can move into other sides of business. If you don't like engineering, consulting and finance companies may be interested. A lot more versatility than History, Philosophy, etc...

And I consider low 6 figures for a 40 hour week pretty good. Good enough for me at least.

Originally Posted by KRD View Post
    If you're smart enough to make it through law school, med school, or engineering why would you even consider accounting? Just my 2 cents...
    I don't know if I'm smart enough for engineering. But sometimes smart people choose other paths for other reasons... Debt, lifestyle, etc.

wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500) wannabepl47 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by KRD View Post
    FALSE..get your facts sraight sir. Engineering is the highest paying 4 year degree you can get.
    Yes, if you just count the degree I dont doubt that it is. Just having your 4 year degree in accounting it would be lower. There are plenty of jobs that get lumped into "accounting" when calculating the average salary including payroll clerks, accounts receivable etc...

However when most people discuss accounting this isn't really what they mean.

When you get a professional accounting designation, it increases average salary drastically, and beyond average engineering. However this really isn't just a 4 year degree. But this is what most people are talking about when they are considering a lifetime career in accounting. Just to clarify.
    Last edited by wannabepl47; 01-13-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Originally Posted by wannabepl47 View Post
    Yes, if you just count the degree I dont doubt that it is. Just having your 4 year degree in accounting it would be lower. There are plenty of jobs that get lumped into "accounting" when calculating the average salary including payroll clerks, accounts receivable etc...

However when most people discuss accounting this isn't really what they mean.

When you get a professional accounting designation, it increases average salary drastically, and beyond average engineering. However this really isn't just a 4 year degree. But this is what most people are talking about when they are considering a lifetime career in accounting. Just to clarify.
    Good point

choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) choppedIT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hate to get somewhat off topic but i don't want to make another thread.
    Engineering vs Computer Science vs Architecture?
    What are your opinions on these majors?

Originally Posted by choppedIT View Post
    Hate to get somewhat off topic but i don't want to make another thread.
    Engineering vs Computer Science vs Architecture?
    What are your opinions on these majors?
    Architecture sounds coolest if you have the talent, and can put up with long hours and low pay early on.

BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Op can't you do both or is that not a option? I'm doing both right now, just finished 1st year engineering and about to begin commerce as well soon.

Engineering has long class hours and is a very hard course. Pick the one you like the most.
    "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Originally Posted by PathOhLife View Post
    Op can't you do both or is that not a option? I'm doing both right now, just finished 1st year engineering and about to begin commerce as well soon.

Engineering has long class hours and is a very hard course. Pick the one you like the most.
    Both is not really an option. I don't have the time or money to do that.

I'm leaning towards Accounting right now.

kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kalmamd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My sister and I just graduated college within the last year and both have jobs...

Her: 61,000 salary, Industrial Engineering- 4 years, work 40-45 hours/ week (Large, well-kown energy and oil contractor)
    Me: 55,000, Accounting-Masters degree-5 years, CPA exam, work 55-60 hours/week (Big 4 firm)

edit: My salary is actaully only 50,000 but i got a 5,000 bonus for passing the cpa exam,

and my sis graduated from one of the top engineering schools in the country and she is really smart
    Last edited by kalmamd; 01-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    boobs ftw

trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trappin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having a degree in accounting can give you a lot more than just a career in crunching numbers. Accounting is known as the "language of business", so with that being said your career possibilities are virtually endless(save for med, law and a few other specialty fields that require a professional degree).

(For 2007)Accountants with a bachelor's degree received offers starting at $46,718 annually. So, with an MAcc and a CPA your starting salary would likely double AND your weekly hours most likely won't go over 50hrs most weeks. I'm basing the last statement on going into the consulting or management field which most people with those designations do.

Also, accountants actually don't work that many hours per week most of the year. 40-45hrs is the norm except for tax season, but almost every field will have a "busy time" every year. Job stress is one of the lowest, and job placement out of school is very fast.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread that could be remedied by doing a little research. Hope this helped.

TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TurboRyan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently study for mechanical Engineering. Heres problem I'm pretty terrible on English from my learning disability on spelling and grammar, Should i be worry?

Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lt_Insano has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    engineering --> MBA

thats the way to go. and im an accountant
    In the misc system,

the posters are represented by two separate yet equally important groups:

the reds, who instigate trolling; and the greens, who neg the offenders.

These are their stories

DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Didn't even read. Engineering! I've been told be a multitude of people how boring, repetetive, and headachey accouting is every day. Honestly, do what takes hold of your attention, do the one that catches your eye. If you end up not liking it, no one's judging you for choosing something else.
    North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand

BIG Goals

yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000) yage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Engineering hands down. Teaches you a much more desirable skill set and +1 employability.

Last year I interviewed at a prop trading firm, and they hire pretty much exclusively engineering/physics/math students. The math tests they gave me were phucking lol. Passed the first one, failed the next.

endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500) endLe55 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by yage View Post
    Engineering hands down. Teaches you a much more desirable skill set and +1 employability.

Not sure if serial. Seriously think engis are more in demand than accountants? And engineering is more desirable if you don't stay in the field? Every single business needs accountancy. An engineering business will need an accountant, an accounting business will not necessarily need an engineer.