WVUDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation 10.8% Body Fat and STILL Have Belly Fat, HELP?

I weight train 2 days a week for 45 minutes (total body) and swim 2 days a week for an hour with one 15 minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) set.

I eat very healthy, and my diet is composed of a lot of protein (45%), low healthy fats (30%), and very low carbs (25%, none of the bad ones). I also drink a lot of water and green tea.

I started out at 195 and got down to 176 and now back around 180. My body is more toned but I still have fat in my stomach area that I can't seem to shake and I don't feel like I'm making anymore progress.

I drank a lot in college and developed a slight beer belly, but it was never very large.

I am now at 10.8% body fat and most forums say I should be able to see my abs but I can't. I mean I can kind of see them barely if i look in the mirror at the right angle but that is it.

Please Help, I don't know what to do. Am i being impatient? I've been at this since September. Maybe I should take a fat burner?

Thanks in Advance.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WVUDave View Post
    I weight train 2 days a week for 45 minutes (total body) and swim 2 days a week for an hour with one 15 minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) set.

I eat very healthy, and my diet is composed of a lot of protein (45%), low healthy fats (30%), and very low carbs (25%, none of the bad ones). I also drink a lot of water and green tea.

I started out at 195 and got down to 176 and now back around 180. My body is more toned but I still have fat in my stomach area that I can't seem to shake and I don't feel like I'm making anymore progress.

I drank a lot in college and developed a slight beer belly, but it was never very large.

I am now at 10.8% body fat and most forums say I should be able to see my abs but I can't. I mean I can kind of see them barely if i look in the mirror at the right angle but that is it.

Please Help, I don't know what to do. Am i being impatient? I've been at this since September. Maybe I should take a fat burner?

Thanks in Advance.
    Let's see some pictures, I'm pretty sure you're not 10.8% body fat.

EDITED!
    Last edited by th3pwn3r; 01-11-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    10.8% as measured by who/what?

That is usually the problem...

Let's see a picture and some measurements... true tape measure measurements.... chest, around widest part of belly, narrowest part of waist....flexed bicep...

Odds are that you aren't at 10.8% yet.

jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000) jay24k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Probably not 10% then. Probably more around 13 to 15. Post a picture of no way to help you imo.

Thanks in Advance.
    I Rep back always. Put it in comment.

500+ will 100% get repped back.

Life Progress

Started: 279lb 43% body fat
    1st Cut: 191lb 16% body fat
    1st Bulk: 231lb 26% body fat
    2010 Summer Cut: 193 10% body fat
    Bulking Currently 202 13% body fat.

bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigchuckdogg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thanks in Advance.
    Take a cycle of Animal cuts and be patient you are doing great.
    WWW.GetYourFreeBookOnTheBestWaysToMakeMoneyOnline.com

AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Only people who doesnt squat or deadlift are the ones who cant see most of their abs when they get to 10% BF. That or those who dont lift weights at all.

Post some pics to be sure. I think the problem might be the calculations/caliper reads being inaccurate.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4249583

Low_Rider22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlexMR View Post
    Only people who doesnt squat or deadlift are the ones who cant see most of their abs when they get to 10% BF. That or those who dont lift weights at all.

Post some pics to be sure. I think the problem might be the calculations/caliper reads being inaccurate.
    I started to do deadlifts last spring and my upper abr are in and about six more weeks of cutting for the rest, and still complete deads once a week.

vincentlocke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks in Advance.
    So it looks like by 2011 you had gotten past it - advice for someone who has the same problem?

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by vincentlocke View Post
    So it looks like by 2011 you had gotten past it - advice for someone who has the same problem?
    Strong 4 1/2 year bump.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    Strong 4 1/2 year bump.
    The power of the Necro-Bump is strong with this one..
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.