Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I feel sick every time I eat a cheat meal.... :(

When I eat clean for a while and then have a cheat day once a week the cheat meals makes me feel nauseous, tired and like throwing up. I get a headache and just do not feel well.

Do any of you feel the same after a cheat meal/day? Is this normal?

For example I had eggs benedict, 2 pancakes and hashbrowns for breakfast this morning thinking wow I cannot wait to eat this but once I started consuming this food pretty much within 20 mins my body did not cope well...

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try not to go for a full cheat day and just one meal per week. If you are not used to eating greasy foods and then over load yourself with them t could disrupt your digestive tract. Also if you're on low carb and then in one day eat a couple hundred grams it can cause the stomach symptoms.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10) barbellina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yup kills my stomach. I don't really mind though, just makes me that much less tempted to cheat

patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patterson678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
    When I eat clean for a while and then have a cheat day once a week the cheat meals makes me feel nauseous, tired and like throwing up. I get a headache and just do not feel well.

For example I had eggs benedict, 2 pancakes and hashbrowns for breakfast this morning thinking wow I cannot wait to eat this but once I started consuming this food pretty much within 20 mins my body did not cope well...
    I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine the other day. I get really bad headachs when I cheat and get really tired
    Melyssa BS Exercise Science, Ma Ed

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity."
    John F. Kennedy

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by barbellina View Post
    yup kills my stomach. I don't really mind though, just makes me that much less tempted to cheat
    Absolutely. What most of you seem to be describing is a reaction to high carbs intake. I'd suggest you just forget it alltogether; if your body can't stand it don't force it into it! If you need a cheat day/meal find something more reasonable to cheat with. For instance, I love the taste of chocolate, but instead of eating it I'll have a soy pudding mixed with cottage cheese which is very high-protein with taste of chocolate.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Echo814 - I did not know that the stomach will be affected so badly but now I believe you. The feeling is unbelievable, but to think I was able to eat this way before and not now its strange...

Barbellina - I totally agree. I am not tempted to eat like this ever again...see how long the cravings stay in check.

Patterson678 - From now on I will try to stop having massive cheat meals. After having brunch today I got home and I had to sleep from 3pm to 6pm (which I very rarely do) bc my body could not cope with the massive hit of oily hash-browns and maple syrup pancakes.

By the way I am feeling guilty since I am pretty sure I put on some fat and holding on to a few pounds of water.

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Echo814 - I did not know that the stomach will be affected so badly but now I believe you. The feeling is unbelievable, but to think I was able to eat this way before and not now its strange...
    Not really, I don't think so... digestion is a process that happens in the presence of stomach acid to create (cause) digestion reactions, and certain enzymes and catalysts that speed the reaction up / help it even occur.

Our bodies are made to be very economical, so they throw away or stop producing anything they don't need - so when you stop eating certain foods that are difficult to digest (need a lot of certain kind of enzymes and catalysts) the stomach stops producing them in as high an amount as before. Then, when you DO eat something you rarely eat and is "difficult" to digest, your stomach has no choice but to let it "sit" until the proper chemicals are once again produced, and the longer the pause, the longer the wait.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everything in moderation, I have learned that the hard way. Drink plenty of water and maybe some tea with ginger to help your tummy The bloating will go away in a couple of days.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in a way thats a good thing. the worst is when you have been eating **** for so many months and you get to a point where eating junk food excessively feels normal!!! yuk!
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
    -Winston Churchill

I LOVE HIIT!!!

if you be persistent, you can have anything in this world that you want.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't have a cheat meal every week then.

Save the cheat meal for when you achieve a goal with your training or weight targets, and tell yourself that you deserve it.

Surely a nice meal out would be a better reward than a fried breakfast !
    because fitness isn't coincidence

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by McJimmie View Post
    Don't have a cheat meal every week then.

Save the cheat meal for when you achieve a goal with your training or weight targets, and tell yourself that you deserve it.

Surely a nice meal out would be a better reward than a fried breakfast !

The hashbrowns would have done me in within minutes.

hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hannahs_life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Absolutely. I like it though, as I am more inclined to avoid junk... sugar is the bomb, and I get loopy and sick if I have so much as a granola bar :P How often do you attend dinners, parties and evenings out where a treat might be present? If it's once per week or less, save your cheat for that special time and enjoy some bites of cake. You may find you don't need much to keep you satisfied!

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been feeling the same sickly way the last few days every time I eat sugar....I have to admit I went way off track over the holidays...it's like my body is now saying enough is enough, over the last few days everytime I eat even a very small serving of sugar my stomach hurts so bad,painfully bad...so I thrown out all the treats, time to recover
    ...karoline...

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In your case, it might be the amount of food you are consuming. English muffin = plenty of carbs for one meal. English muffin + 2 pancakes + hashbrowns = binge. Would definitely expect to feel like I needed to "rest and digest" after eating that quantity of food. Add grease, salt and sugar you aren't used to eating into the equation and that can add to you feeling sick.

Next time you cheat, pick ONE of those things to eat yourself and see how you do. If you wanna taste a bit of someone else's food, go for it...but don't eat enough to feed 3 people and expect any good to come of it.

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get the same feeling whenever I eat "dirtier" food than usual, or even if I eat a "normal-meal-sized" quantity of clean food (like when I go out to dinner or eat at a friend's house). My stomach is used to 5 or 6 tiny, pristine meals each day and goes into full-on rebellion when I eat crap or even too much GOOD food.
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I feel the need to have a cheat meal it will be and always has been indian food of the vegetarian type... OMG so good .. never causes adverse reactions.. maybe water retention from sodium, but thats about it.. oh yeah and someone said save it for when you hit a goal.. I never feel good about cheating once I hit a goal, it motivates me more to stay on track, I dont want to comprimise my hard work.

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    Not really, I don't think so... digestion is a process that happens in the presence of stomach acid to create (cause) digestion reactions, and certain enzymes and catalysts that speed the reaction up / help it even occur.

Our bodies are made to be very economical, so they throw away or stop producing anything they don't need - so when you stop eating certain foods that are difficult to digest (need a lot of certain kind of enzymes and catalysts) the stomach stops producing them in as high an amount as before. Then, when you DO eat something you rarely eat and is "difficult" to digest, your stomach has no choice but to let it "sit" until the proper chemicals are once again produced, and the longer the pause, the longer the wait.
    Ahhh now that is interesting and makes sense. Thanks for that.
    I've learnt my lesson (until next time)

Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    When I feel the need to have a cheat meal it will be and always has been indian food of the vegetarian type... OMG so good .. never causes adverse reactions.. maybe water retention from sodium, but thats about it.. oh yeah and someone said save it for when you hit a goal.. I never feel good about cheating once I hit a goal, it motivates me more to stay on track, I dont want to comprimise my hard work.
    I love Indian food. About 5 yrs ago I was working near one of the best Indian food take aways I have ever eaten and had Indian every 3rd day or so. I put on about 4 kgs during a 2 mth period. I changed work and I lost the unwanted kgs also. :P It is quite fatty.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    In your case, it might be the amount of food you are consuming. English muffin = plenty of carbs for one meal. English muffin + 2 pancakes + hashbrowns = binge. Would definitely expect to feel like I needed to "rest and digest" after eating that quantity of food. Add grease, salt and sugar you aren't used to eating into the equation and that can add to you feeling sick.

Next time you cheat, pick ONE of those things to eat yourself and see how you do. If you wanna taste a bit of someone else's food, go for it...but don't eat enough to feed 3 people and expect any good to come of it.
    I will do that instead of eating like a pig again and I like the idea of having a cheat meal after a goal has been reached like McJimmy suggested.

I had to sleep 3 hrs yesterday from 3 to 6pm and today I am ashamed to say it I woke up at 11:45 and missed my morning session. All for one damn greasy & disguating meal. By the way I still have the headache.

Everyone on this thread has been so helpful with hints and tips. This is great.
    Thank you

megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50) megera will become famous soon enough. (+50)

wow, tell u the truth, I wish I had your problem... that would of keep me away from the cheating meals!

my suggestion is for the pancake - try to get a protein pancake instead of a regular high carb one, and no sugar syrops on top, that will not leave u feel sick, tastes great and its not even cheating

punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000) punxnotdead309 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I second you, power.mom. I wish it made me feel that way and maybe I'd feel less inclined to cheat all the time.
    Bodybuilding is not weight and repetitions; it’s resistance and absolute muscle failure. It’s not quantitative; it’s qualitative. It’s more mental than physical. It’s more control than rage. It’s the realization that you can always get bigger. ~ bodybuilding

ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I too get stomach aches from "cheat meals" the worst culprit for me is grease...which is unfortunate because I think cheat I think bacon. mmmm bacon.
    "Being a woman is not an excuse for being weak, Train to be as good as the men and be the best of the women..."

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That's some heavy food for a cheat meal. Take in smaller portions and you'll feel better.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes that happens to me..so when I think about how bad I want to cheat I ask myself is it worth it. I use to have a chocolate covered long john once a week and looked so forward to it..but last time I had it I was so sick.. haven't done it since..it's our bodies way of flippen us off!

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's why I keep my free meals and refeed for the last meal of the day/at night. It makes me sleep like a baby
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post

I agree 100%. My tummy is SO sensitive right now - if I eat one thing out of the ordinary, I can expect to get sick.

I think the thing to keep in mind, is (for example), if you are eating out at a restaurant, a restaurant sized portion of something is probably 2-3 servings for us. If you absolutely HAVE to have something for a cheat, don't eat the entire thing and save the leftovers, or if you are worried about having it in the house, just get rid of it. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you need to eat it.

Also, bf's/husbands/SO's are often happy to take the leftovers off of your hands.
    Hard work = Hard body.