faqu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push ups + dumbbell + chest expander = good idea?

Hi guys.
    Today my workout consists of doing about 3 sets of 10 reps on the chest expander every 3 days or so. the results are ok, but nothing special. I'm looking to build mass.

I have a dumbbell 8KG at home on top of the chest expander, and Iv'e been thinking about mixing all those 3 workouts for a few reasons.

First to help me build muscle on as many muscle groups as possible.
    secondly so I won't get bored using the same thing over and over again, I can do push ups one day, then the next dumbbell workout, then the next only chest expander.

My question though is if it's a good idea...

Do you have any suggestions, ideas for me?

thanks for your time.
    Have a great day.

82nd Airborne Division BearsKill's Avatar
    BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BearsKill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chest Expander? Is this the same thing a surgeon uses?

No.
    It's this thing with the wires that you stretch from side to side, it's a shame I can't post pictures, but if you type it google you'll get the picture.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And how exactly will doing reverse flyes build up your chest ?

You need to tie one end to a clothes pole and do one arm flyes to build up your chest
    because fitness isn't coincidence

Well, it dosen't do a whole lot but define a shape, dosen't build anything, or adds muscle mass.

So do you recall doing all 3, push ups, dubbells, and working the chest expander will do me good?

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by faqu View Post
    Well, it dosen't do a whole lot but define a shape, dosen't build anything, or adds muscle mass.

So do you recall doing all 3, push ups, dubbells, and working the chest expander will do me good?

i thought the chest expander worked the rear delts, since all muscles contract and to use the chest expender your pectorals are doing on the opposite of contracting..

watch the stickies at the top of the exercise forum page, especialy the compound lifts one. they are the moves that build muscle, chest expander is just a fitness gadget.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/