endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)

Strongman event: timber or frame carry

For those who have competed in or used the timber carry or frame carry.

I have a 250kg timber carry comming up, I have never used the actual frame before.

I have only done farmers walks.

Is the timber carry easier than farmers walks?
    I am guessing because it is one solid unit, it should be easier.

Also the Farmers handles I am using are thicker than normal, with no knurling.
    So I suspect with knurling, I should be able to hold on easier

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    For those who have competed in or used the timber carry or frame carry.

I have a 250kg timber carry comming up, I have never used the actual frame before.

I have only done farmers walks.

Is the timber carry easier than farmers walks?
    I am guessing because it is one solid unit, it should be easier.

Also the Farmers handles I am using are thicker than normal, with no knurling.
    So I suspect with knurling, I should be able to hold on easier
    The one used at MOHEGAN SUN - GIANTS LIVE
    was a freekinnn beastttttttttttt

GOOD LUCK !!!

i only have farmer walkers with 2-1/4 inch handles ( pipes )

Registered User terminaltorture's Avatar
    terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50) terminaltorture will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I assume you're competing in the Capital Strongman even being put on by Rock Solid and that other new gym that's opened down there? If so, I've used that Timber Carry before in the last comp, and we had to do it 15m uphill. I think it's been changed to 20 or 25m now with a heavier weight because it's not as steep uphill. I found it easier to do than farmers, the only thing you have to be careful of is the frame tipping forward once you pick it up, don't hold the handle as far towards the back like you would with farmers. Your grip sounds like it's good, so you just need to make sure you go fast with it!

You'll get a warmup with it on the day before the actual event, so don't stress too much.
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by terminaltorture View Post
    I assume you're competing in the Capital Strongman even being put on by Rock Solid and that other new gym that's opened down there? If so, I've used that Timber Carry before in the last comp, and we had to do it 15m uphill. I think it's been changed to 20 or 25m now with a heavier weight because it's not as steep uphill. I found it easier to do than farmers, the only thing you have to be careful of is the frame tipping forward once you pick it up, don't hold the handle as far towards the back like you would with farmers. Your grip sounds like it's good, so you just need to make sure you go fast with it!

You'll get a warmup with it on the day before the actual event, so don't stress too much.
    They have it listed as 15m.

So If I can farmers walk 250kg I should be fine?

Do you remember if it was knurled? and how thick the handles were?

I have used some rock solid farmers walk bars...and they were like noodles, I am hoping the timber carry is the same!

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What terminal said.

Also, if the frame is wide (between the handles) it will put more strain on the ends of your fingers because of the angle your arms will be forced to stay at to hold the frame. Practice a run or two with the handles farther down in your grip.
    How's training been? You still on the routine?
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

Originally Posted by 81Ort View Post
    What terminal said.

Also, if the frame is wide (between the handles) it will put more strain on the ends of your fingers because of the angle your arms will be forced to stay at to hold the frame. Practice a run or two with the handles farther down in your grip.
    How's training been? You still on the routine?
    I thought you dropped off the face of the earth!

I was on the routine, but started something different this week (I went out on a whim, I couldn't get a hold of you...so I just pieced it all together).

Training has been great, although I ended up with a shoulder impingement. Just my traps and pecs were so tight.
    I am very strong at the moment, I feel great! Everything seems to have transfered to the events

I changed the deadlifts to suit the competition (reps from 18")

I moved all the events to 1 day, just to get used to them.

I am now just practicing the events, as I have access to stones (well a stone) and a log. Hopefully I well get to use a yoke next week.

I am still using your reps and sets progressions, but I though the best thing to do was just get all the practice I can get in.
    Last edited by endpoint; 01-08-2010 at 10:57 PM.

bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpauly is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I was on the routine, but started something different this week (I went out on a whim, I couldn't get a hold of you...so I just pieced it all together).

Training has been great, although I ended up with a shoulder impingement. Just my traps and pecs were so tight.
    I am very strong at the moment, I feel great! Everything seems to have transfered to the events

I am now just practicing the events, as I have access to stones (well a stone) and a log. Hopefully I well get to use a yoke next week.

I am still using your reps and sets progressions, but I though the best thing to do was just get all the practice I can get in.
    ive seen the timber frame they use at rock solid and the handles looked pretty thick about 32-40mm id say and yes they were knurled
    train hard, dont let it beat ya

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I kind of did I guess... I had to go out of town for a few days right after Christmas.

I think you are doing the right thing by putting a lot of the events on one day to try and get used to a competition set up. I used the same DL routine last year getting ready for the Arnold and it still worked very well for that height of a pull- 16".

"If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

Originally Posted by 81Ort View Post
    I kind of did I guess... I had to go out of town for a few days right after Christmas.

I think you are doing the right thing by putting a lot of the events on one day to try and get used to a competition set up. I used the same DL routine last year getting ready for the Arnold and it still worked very well for that height of a pull- 16".
    That was the hardest part to decide. Why I stopped was because I was not familiar with the position. I have not done a rack pull for a very long time...so I thought I better get used to it.

Also after seeing videos of you doing hummer deadlifts I thought it was worth a try

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile basic blueprint link anyone ?

HI,
    or inside pics of the frame.
    thanks, '
    peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee