Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

How many days a week can I work out my chest?

To build muscle/ cut man tits

Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I work mine 3-4 times a week (every other day),,,which really gives the muscle two full days to recover before training it again. I've heard that anywhere between 24-72 hours recovery time for the muscle is more than enough.
    Last edited by Boochieboy; 01-07-2010 at 11:44 PM.

MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MatthewLift is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Boochieboy View Post
    I work mine 3-4 times a week (every other day).
    Isnt this too much?

Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MatthewLift View Post
    Isnt this too much?
    Well think about it...if you work your chest at 5PM monday,,,,then you don't work it at all on tuesday........by the time you reach wednesday 5Pm to train it again you've had 48 hours rest for it. IMHO, that's plenty of time.....UNLESS you're still really sore,,,then give it another day.

Well think about it...if you work your chest at 5PM monday,,,,then you don't work it at all on tuesday........by the time you reach wednesday 5Pm to train it again you've had 48 hours rest for it.
    good point - think everytime I hit the chest - if I do this 4 times a week - I should change the type of exercise I can do - Im mainly trying to hit lower chest my upper chest is more muscular.

derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I work mine 3-4 times a week (every other day),,,which really gives the muscle two full days to recover before training it again. I've heard that anywhere between 24-72 hours recovery time for the muscle is more than enough.
    dont agree with that at all.

OP, try a push/pull routine. that gives each of your muscles two workouts a week.

Originally Posted by derekk1 View Post
    dont agree with that at all.

OP, try a push/pull routine. that gives each of your muscles two workouts a week.
    I'm only stating what is WORKING really well for me. How is 48 hours not enough recovery time?

Sweat Blood, Bleed Iron! TheStreetKing's Avatar
    TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    How is 48 hours not enough recovery time?
    Depends solely on the Person, Their Training Frequency, Training Intensity and their Rest/Daily Nutrition!
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

Loyalty above all else, Except Honor!

derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000) derekk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm only stating what is WORKING really well for me. How is 48 hours not enough recovery time?
    no offense, but youre severely underweight. something is obviously not working.

Originally Posted by MatthewLift View Post
    good point - think everytime I hit the chest - if I do this 4 times a week - I should change the type of exercise I can do - Im mainly trying to hit lower chest my upper chest is more muscular.
    I work my entire chest,,, upper-mid-lower all at the same time....however,,,,if you want to focus more on the lower chest just cut out a set of your upper and mid chest exercises.
    I.E.
    3 sets lower ,2 sets upper, 2 sets middle.

Or you could just cut out doing inclined and flat presses etc. and only do them on your declined press exercises until things even out a bit more.

That's what I do.....and I don't care whether people think I'm right or wrong in doing it......it works for ME.

no offense, but youre severely underweight. something is obviously not working.
    Ummm. where are your pics. Thanks,,,genius I didn't know I was underweight. I could care less about how much I weigh if I'm at 5% body fat and still ripped. I don't want to look like a powerlifter (no offense to that body type,,,just not for me),,,,,,would you f--- with Bruce Lee? I don't think so. Weight has nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by Boochieboy; 01-08-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Ummm. where are your pics. Thanks,,,genius I didn't know I was underweight. I could care less about how much I weigh if I'm still ripped. I don't want to look like a powerlifter (no offense to that body type,,,just not for me),,,,,,would you f--- with Bruce Lee? I don't think so.
    different strokes for different folks. like i said, i didnt mean to offend. but i think most people on here want to gain weight and have muscular frames. thats the last thing ill say though, im not gonna start an e-war.

TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000) TheStreetKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    I work my entire chest,,, upper-mid-lower all at the same time....however,,,,if you want to focus more on the lower chest just cut out a set of your upper and mid chest exercises.
    I.E.
    3 sets lower ,2 sets upper, 2 sets middle.

Or you could just cut out doing inclined and flat presses etc. and only do them on your declined press exercises until things even out a bit more.

That's what I do.....and I don't care whether people think I'm right or wrong in doing it......it works for ME.
    The Decline Bench and the Flat Bench work the Same head of the Pectoral muscle! Your Pectoralis Major consists of 2 heads the Clavicular Head (Upper Chest) and the Sternal Head (Lower/Middle Chest)!
    My Gym is my Church, My Sweat is my Prayers, My Strength is my Salvation, I Am Animal.

different strokes for different folks. like i said, i didnt mean to offend. but i think most people on here want to gain weight and have muscular frames. thats the last thing ill say though, im not gonna start an e-war.
    I'm sorry for going off the deep end there. I just hate when people think that size (body size,,,not penis) is everything. No hard feelings.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would say every other day is too much. You do not grow in the gym... you grow in the kitchen and while you rest. I think hitting any bodypart more than once a week is setting you up for minimal gains
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Originally Posted by TheStreetKing View Post
    The Decline Bench and the Flat Bench work the Same head of the Pectoral muscle! Your Pectoralis Major consists of 2 heads the Clavicular Head (Upper Chest) and the Sternal Head (Lower/Middle Chest)!
    So you're saying that exercises such as declined flyes and presses are completely useless?

So you're saying that exercises such as declined flyes and presses are completely useless?
    When did i ever say they were useless?You told him to stop doing Flat Bench and to do Decline Bench, Both Exercises work the same exact head of the muscle group!

When did i ever say they were useless?You told him to stop doing Flat Bench and to do Decline Bench, Both Exercises work the same exact head of the muscle group!
    Ok then,,, so if he wants to focus more on the LOWER chest,,,,,then doing declined presses will still target the LOWER chest area like flat presses will....correct? If they both hit the same area,,,what does it matter if I told him to cut out the flats,,,,,he's still getting it from the declined's.

Ok then,,, so if he wants to focus more on the LOWER chest,,,,,then doing declined presses will still target the LOWER chest area like flat presses will....correct? If they both hit the same area,,,what does it matter if I told him to cut out the flats,,,,,he's still getting it from the declined's.
    Correct! I'm personally not a fan of Declines, I don't like doing Heavy Pressing movements while all the blood rushes to my brain! Well Flat Bench work should never be put on the backburner when building a quality chest, That's why i said that. I always include Flat and Incline in a Chest Workout, Doesn't matter if i'm using Dumbbells or a Barbell, But i prefer Dips 10/1 over Decline Bench!

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe having a balnced workout plan would be better. nothing's wrong with decline bench but as for overall chest development flat bench is king IMO. Also, OP I had the man titty problem and the more lower pec i got the worse it looked. UPPER PECs and TRAPs and SHOULDERs make it better though just an FYI
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

Correct! I'm personally not a fan of Declines, I don't like doing Heavy Pressing movements while all the blood rushes to my brain! Well Flat Bench work should never be put on the backburner when building a quality chest, That's why i said that. I always include Flat and Incline in a Chest Workout, Doesn't matter if i'm using Dumbbells or a Barbell, But i prefer Dips 10/1 over Decline Bench!
    I don't really like doing the declined presses either,,,so maybe with the knowledge you have given me I should just stick with the flat and inclined work. I was always made to understand that you need 3 angles to train the chest,,,,,inclined, flat and declined,,,,,,for upper, mid and lower chest development. I stand corrected.

AGREED! Dips are one of my favorites. Just picked up a dip belt too so I can add some more weight to my dips. Not to mention that dips with a little foreward torso lean are great mass builders. But when youve got 45 pounds dangling from your legs and youre doing dips... ladies take notice and would like to dangle there as well haha
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

I've wanted to add dips to my routine for a while now,,,but I don't have the equipment yet. Looks like there are going to be 2 less dining room chairs from now on. And maybe the old lady will hang between my legs, as stated above. Heh,,,new bodyspace picture going up soon.

I've wanted to add dips to my routine for a while now,,,but I don't have the equipment yet. Looks like there are going to be 2 less dining room chairs from now on. And maybe the old lady will hang between my legs, as stated above. Heh,,,new bodyspace picture going up soon.
    My gym has one of those useless gravitron things where you put your knees on there and it helps you. i just pull the pin out and put a plate on it to weight the platform down.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA

Originally Posted by Vigilante_Inc View Post
    My gym has one of those useless gravitron things where you put your knees on there and it helps you. i just pull the pin out and put a plate on it to weight the platform down.
    Good to know man,,,hey, whatever works...right. Too bad for me that I train at home in my sub-arctic, uninsulated attic...lol. When I first started, and didn't have any money for equipment...I would use all kinds of crap for weight,,,,,chains, milk jugs filled with concrete, cinderblocks, tires,,,all kinds of stuff. But it got the job done.
    Last edited by Boochieboy; 01-08-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Good to know man,,,hey, whatever works...right. Too bad for me that I train at home in my sub-arctic, uninsulated attic...lol. When I first started, and didn't have any money for equipment...I would use all kinds of crap for weight,,,,,chains, milk jugs filled with concrete, cinderblocks, tires,,,all kinds of stuff. But it got the job done.
    On decline I can only do two 45x and two 10's max right now .. should I go for volume then? say 5 sets? 3 with the 45s 20 15 10 then like 5 2

Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Northeasterner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's no one answer that fits everybody.

Many bodybuilding splits include a once-per-week chest session with bench, incline, decline, and some kind of fly work, and dips. Strength training such as the Madcow 5x5 however has two chest routines, one on Monday and another on Friday, and while it's simply bench press, it can and does get grueling.

Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Henweee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Northeasterner View Post
    There's no one answer that fits everybody.

Many bodybuilding splits include a once-per-week chest session with bench, incline, decline, and some kind of fly work, and dips. Strength training such as the Madcow 5x5 however has two chest routines, one on Monday and another on Friday, and while it's simply bench press, it can and does get grueling.
    Agreed. More than 2 days of chest workout would be too much IMO. Most people do chest on day 1 then delts on day 3 (just an example). But it all comes down what works the best. All i can say is trial and error. Good luck!!!
    ★cVc★
    OIF Veteran 2003 - 2004

joefrazey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why not just try this.

Monday: Shoulders/Back Biceps

Tuesday: Chest Triceps

Wednesday: Legs

Thursday-Sunday repeat process and if you cant workout a day just use it as an off day.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1-2 session per week is optimal for me.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.