Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I only have one dedicated chest day per week, and it's been working great. But I also incorporate a lot of excercises that use your chest on other days as well.

Example, I do shoulders and tri's one day. I'll do weighted dips on my chest day, and then weighted dips again on my shoulders tri's day.

I do weighted pullups on back days. And I'll be damned if my chest isn't sore from those as well.

I think two dedicated chest days per week really isn't necessary, unless everything else is taking some sort of sacrifice. It might be too much.

my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) my_WHEY180 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i do work my chest twice a week
    my work bicep/back monday
    chest/tricep/tuesday
    legs/wensday
    core/thursday
    chest/friday
    sat/sun rest

imp i find that this works the best for me

and for the OP i had a bit of a prob with that to just had to lower body fat% and increase test levels naturaly with lowering the rest periods to about 1 minute and to aim for 10 reps and like 4 or more sets (i do 5 sets)

BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000) BigGameJames is just really nice. (+1000)
    The question needs to be put in context with your overall workout.

If you only do chest, then you can probably do chest every other day.

But if you want to hit other body parts, then you need to post your other workouts.

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dont listen to anoxeria man.

it depends on what type fo split you are doing(egro, intensity) a full body workout is fine 3 times a week, but you're not doing many excercise per muscle group. an average 'bodybuilder' type routine works each mucle group once every 8-5 days, so about once a week

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MatthewLift View Post
    To build muscle/ cut man tits
    OP, need to know your full training routine to answer your question with any substance.

Personaly, I only hit chest once every 7 days. If I were you though I'd stick to compound movements. Flat Barbell bench,incline barbell bench,dips, push-ups. A few sets of flys or pec deck are a good way to round off your chest workout. But the cut part is gonna come from cardio and what you do in the kitchen.

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by socket View Post
    OP, need to know your full training routine to answer your question with any substance.

Personaly, I only hit chest once every 7 days. If I were you though I'd stick to compound movements. Flat Barbell bench,incline barbell bench,dips, push-ups. A few sets of flys or pec deck are a good way to round off your chest workout. But the cut part is gonna come from cardio and what you do in the kitchen.

this above is what has worked for me so far also.

theoretically you can hit your chest seven days a week...if your goal is to break down the muscle as much as possible and end up underweight and over trained.

for me i hit chest one every 5-7 days with either a heavy workout for 10-14 sets or a lighter more pumped based workout for 20 sets. when it comes to building muscle tissue the most comman and successfull routine is to do around 10 sets of incline and flat bench presses.

when you are looking to lose weight and improve the appearance of your chest it is very important your work your upper chest hard and give it just as much priority as your lower chest.

if you are training 3-4 times a week and hitting your whole body hard you will start to lose weight if your diet is right. take heart in the fact that your body obviously has a natural tendancy to be big so you will have a good amount of muscle tissue sitting under your bodyfat waiting to be discovered already!
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheStreetKing View Post
    Depends solely on the Person, Their Training Frequency, Training Intensity and their Rest/Daily Nutrition!
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm training mine 3 times a week.

kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kittyboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Boochieboy View Post
    Ummm. where are your pics. Thanks,,,genius I didn't know I was underweight. I could care less about how much I weigh if I'm at 5% body fat and still ripped. I don't want to look like a powerlifter (no offense to that body type,,,just not for me),,,,,,would you f--- with Bruce Lee? I don't think so. Weight has nothing to do with anything.
    Sorry, I have to chime in here, too. You're not Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee was not anorexic. But you are. As others pointed out, this is a bodybuilding forum. I don't care what your specific goals are; most of us here are looking to build muscle mass. And whatever you've been doing, it sure hasn't been building mass. Sorry, dude, but you don't look good either; you look emaciated.

You're going to receive lots of flack for having those stats, and then being defensive about it. That said, I'm sorry if you think I'm being too harsh. But seriously, man. You can't possibly be healthy at 5'11" and 126#.

icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000) icery is just really nice. (+1000)
    hypertrophy is apparently optimal according to research in the weborn study at 2x a week (max being 5 days between workouts) 40-60 reps per each of those workouts for large muscle groups

Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    Sorry, I have to chime in here, too. You're not Bruce Lee, and Bruce Lee was not anorexic. But you are. As others pointed out, this is a bodybuilding forum. I don't care what your specific goals are; most of us here are looking to build muscle mass. And whatever you've been doing, it sure hasn't been building mass. Sorry, dude, but you don't look good either; you look emaciated.

You're going to receive lots of flack for having those stats, and then being defensive about it. That said, I'm sorry if you think I'm being too harsh. But seriously, man. You can't possibly be healthy at 5'11" and 126#.
    First off, I never said I was Bruce Lee so get your facts straight....I was trying to get the point across that a "small", "skinny", "anorexic", whatever you want to say,,,type of body frame has nothing to do with me answering a question about chest training. I wasn't being defensive about my stats,,I was being defensive about what that has to do with an exercise/training inquiry. Someone took my opinion on a particular topic and,,,because they disagreed with it, they turned into a personal attack against me. That is where my annoyance came from. I'm sorry I also forgot that you are the representative for the entire bodybuilding.com forum in what people's goals are. And I guess what I've been doing to gain mass HASN"T been working,,,,it's probably because I'm not TRYING to gain mass....I've had listed on my bodyspace since day 1 that my goal was to gain MUSCLE,,,not look like a powerlifter. I really could care less with regards to how you think I look...I didn't join these forums to impress you or anyone else. And BTW, Bruce Lee was 5' 7" and usually around 125-140 pounds. Nite Kitten.
    Last edited by Boochieboy; 01-10-2010 at 12:45 AM.