AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The good old push-ups!!!

If you do push-ups until failure in 3 sets what are you achieving? I herd that toning is a myth, there is no such thing as toning. There is bulking and cutting, so what will push ups do for me while I am bulking?

i take 8mins rest umad? mingzie's Avatar
    mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000) mingzie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    itll work tris, shoulders, delts and some chest/core just like any other exercise~

the motion is very similar to benching, you can fit it in your bulk for size by doing weighted pushups (i do pushups with backpacks full of books and weights). you don't need to add weight really if you can only do 15 or less.

pushups are vastly underrated and a good exercise in general esp. going to failure lol, but the people here seem to dislike them.

they definitely arent useless lol, my punch power increased heaps frm doing them and shoulders got broad

Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I mean any sort of workout is going to be good for your muscles, but as far as optimum for size? At that point, you're going to be primarily working on muscular endurance, instead of stimulating growth. I.E. you'll be able to do more pushups, develop a slightly more muscular physique (if starting from nothing), but resistance training is the only way to get BIGger. For this, I'm assuming you mean bodyweight pushups for 50+ reps. I like weighted pushups, yes.

"Toning" is a myth as far as spot reduction goes, as in being fat and doing arm exercises alone won't change the fact that there is still going to be fat on top of it and somehow "tone" it.

AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Arronaxx View Post
    I mean any sort of workout is going to be good for your muscles, but as far as optimum for size? At that point, you're going to be primarily working on muscular endurance, instead of stimulating growth. I.E. you'll be able to do more pushups, develop a slightly more muscular physique (if starting from nothing), but resistance training is the only way to get BIGger. For this, I'm assuming you mean bodyweight pushups for 50+ reps. I like weighted pushups, yes.

"Toning" is a myth as far as spot reduction goes, as in being fat and doing arm exercises alone won't change the fact that there is still going to be fat on top of it and somehow "tone" it.
    Well, I been bulking for 6 months now. Doing heavy weights, stimulating growth ect. So push ups will only give you endurance? I am talking about body weight push ups. What about the slow twitch muscle and fast twitch muscle. I can imagine that push ups work the fast twitch.
    What about just looks, if you do a $hit load of push ups, you will be sore off course and your muscle will recover if you do that enough should you notice a difference? Like tighter muscles?

Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000) Arronaxx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doing pushups just simply isn't taxing enough on the body. Your body gets bigger from rebuilding in an attempt to prevent the damage you caused by working out in the first place. Pushups won't hurt but they won't get you big very efficiently either.

I won't say they CAN'T, because maybe after years and years and years of doing hundreds daily might, but like I said, it isn't practical or efficient with how easily accessible gyms are these days.

Doing pushups just simply isn't taxing enough on the body. Your body gets bigger from rebuilding in an attempt to prevent the damage you caused by working out in the first place. Pushups won't hurt but they won't get you big very efficiently either.

I won't say they CAN'T, because maybe after years and years and years of doing hundreds daily might, but like I said, it isn't practical or efficient with how easily accessible gyms are these days.
    True that, I just have to do something in the mean time. My membership expired and I am starting again monday. I do have a bench at homes and DB, BB, ECT. But dont want to lift heavy just yet until my tendinitis is healed all the way.

KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10) KidcanDL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to rest after a 6 month bulk and you are trying to let your tendons rest up why not just do a deload? tons and tons of push ups doesnt sound like the way to rest your tendonitis to me.

jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100) jimmygonzalez is not very well liked. (-100)
    my friend 5"8 140lb did 6x35 wide-regular-diamond all at once n in 2 weeks he added 40lbs to bench, he prioritizes bench though like 3x a week n he can do 140 in 1 set,lol i knw hes stupid but he still a mate he now benching 205x2

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)

What about variations like elevating the feet, wearing a back pack, one-arms, etc.