Thread: shoulders?!?

red089 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shoulders?!?

quick question. my rear delts are lagging behind a bit. eventually this could cause joint pain. i normally do bb shoulder press, side lat raises, and rear delt raises.
    should i cut back a set on the bb shoulder, the side lat, and throw an extra set on to the rear delt raises? or scrap my work out and try something new?
    any ideas?

Believe to achieve IronBender800's Avatar
    IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by red089 View Post
    quick question. my rear delts are lagging behind a bit. eventually this could cause joint pain. i normally do bb shoulder press, side lat raises, and rear delt raises.
    should i cut back a set on the bb shoulder, the side lat, and throw an extra set on to the rear delt raises? or scrap my work out and try something new?
    any ideas?
    are you having shoulder pain?

keep working your rear delts and make sure your form on bench and other pressing exercises are good and you should be fine without changing your routine.

Originally Posted by IronBender800 View Post
    are you having shoulder pain?

keep working your rear delts and make sure your form on bench and other pressing exercises are good and you should be fine without changing your routine.
    thank you and as of pain no. well not anymore i had some pain about 3 months ago, but i was over training. i took a break I'm feeling fine now.
    Last edited by red089; 01-06-2010 at 07:16 PM.

starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50) starting-big will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    u can add the extra set of rear delts with out taking out either of the other 2
    MMC 2009 Conan

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    aslong as yu are doing some kind of bent over rowing movement with a barbell or dumbell then your rear delts will be getting stimulated.

they are a awkward muscle to hit properly, with an exercise like bent over laterals you see alot of guys going heavy so it is almost like a fly for the back, its much better done light with your back not having to cheat the weight up.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matt_vizzle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To OP. Off topic. How much did that fish weigh in your pic and is it a largemouth?

neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    any ideas?
    do rear delts at the end of your back workout and keep everything else the same

helped me, might help you

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    any ideas?
    No offense but your thread title sucks and your post does not have enough information to lead anyone to any conclusions. How many sets of each exercise are you currently doing? How often are you training them? What other exercises (chest, etc) are you doing on the same day?

You ask: "should I cut back a set on the BB shoulder and add an extra set to the rear delts?" Who knows, without knowing how many sets of each you are doing?

If your rear delts are lagging, then yes, you should probably be adding work to them. But it's also possible that you are doing too many sets or something and exceeding your ability to recover.

If you want a decent answer, you're going to have to be much more comprehensive with your question.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

thanks for the help y'all. and yes largemouth, and about 4-5lbs.